Worst song lyric

Rob5589

WKR
Until you have daughters that listen to Katy Perry or Rihanna or Taylor Swift, you don't know the meaning of stupid lyrics. Take a listen to Umbrella by Rihanna and get back to us. Pro tip, don't have any sharp objects nearby that can be used to puncture your eardrums.

I would say I'm not a huge fan of rap but this is now days rap . Beads in hair all that nonsense. Face tats. always has made me think WTH. But I can listen to Adam calhoun . Some older Mac Miller. Hell even some ODB. But don't get me wrong I listen to alot of Waylon Jennings and other outlaw country. I think a person could put Luke combs in a hole so we never have to hear that crap anymore.

Tim McGraw must think he's still making hits in the 90s with his latest.. "$7500 OBO". Dude is talking about selling a decked out F150 with around 100k miles for $7500. It's 2021 Tim, that's worth (checks notes) like $30k?

And my vote for the worst:

You can drink my liquor
You can call my lady
You can take my money
You can smoke my blunt
Scuff these Jordans
You can say you hate me
You can call me crazy, but
Don't touch my truck (skrrt, skrrt)
Skrrt (yeah, yeah)
Skrrt
Don't touch my truck (brrp, yeah)
Skrrt (woo-oh)
Skrrt
Don't touch my
V8 engine with the windows tinted
Boy, we came from the bottom, got it out the mud
Whole block jumpin' 'cause the subs stay hittin'
If they roll up on me, know I keep one tucked (ooh, yeah)
Woo
Tell them boys come and get me
I be ridin' through the city
Young, rich and I'm pretty
Homie, don't get it twisted
Keep a semi in the hemi (oh)
Red cup full of Henny
My hitters come in plenties, for real

TheGDog

WKR
Whew...

All i gotta say is: When I step up in the place ay yo I step correct - woo ha! - I got you all in check....

And most rap does indeed suck...
Indeed a lot does, not arguing there. Just have an issue with lazy dishonest people who make that statement that they hate ALL rap, cause I damn sure know they probably like Walk This Way and it was essentially a rap song, done in a classic rock vibe.

TheGDog

WKR
Until you have daughters that listen to Katy Perry or Rihanna or Taylor Swift, you don't know the meaning of stupid lyrics. Take a listen to Umbrella by Rihanna and get back to us. Pro tip, don't have any sharp objects nearby that can be used to puncture your eardrums.
My boy finds "interesting" songs on youtube. Some of em quite good, by total unknowns, but they're usually specific in theme to a game he'll be enjoying as of late. Lot of em borrow melodies of popular tunes and parody it related to the game or cartoon characters they're referencing. It's actually a smart way to get your name out there these days. Lotta Minecraft themed tunes out there, for example.

TheGDog

WKR
I would say I'm not a huge fan of rap but this is now days rap . Beads in hair all that nonsense. Face tats. always has made me think WTH. But I can listen to Adam calhoun . Some older Mac Miller. Hell even some ODB. But don't get me wrong I listen to alot of Waylon Jennings and other outlaw country. I think a person could put Luke combs in a hole so we never have to hear that crap anymore.
Agree the face tatts trend is not a good thing at all. But oh well, these trend things come and go. like saggin used to be the thing and now skinny jeans or sometimes sk8rboi boy or 909 looks are the thing.

Agree the face tatts trend is not a good thing at all. But oh well, these trend things come and go. like saggin used to be the thing and now skinny jeans or sometimes sk8rboi boy or 909 looks are the thing.
I still have a pair of fubu jeans from back in 8th grade. Lol . That was a blast from the past. I miss the old days . Who is your favorite underground artist for today? just curious. I think mine would be almost on the bluegrass side of things. His name is Jesse Stewart. Song is called cold beer. Also . Check out the grouch as an artist. Pure gold.

TheGDog

WKR
Just to clear things up G-Dog. Rap SUCKS!!!
Dont give a scheite what you think.
Honest question: Have you always been this close-minded? Just really curious here what motivates you to make yourself look so combative? I gave my response to the "I hate Rap" thing and then went into detail to defend my assertion, as to why I stood behind my statement. You've not done that here like the way adults do.

I mean... shoot man... this is like the verbal equivalent of a kid on the short bus pipin' up outta nowhere with something like "I DON'T LIKE KOOL-AID!!!" where everyone just looks at em like WTF? "Uh yeah..Ok Buddy!"

TheGDog

WKR
I still have a pair of fubu jeans from back in 8th grade. Lol . That was a blast from the past. I miss the old days . Who is your favorite underground artist for today? just curious. I think mine would be almost on the bluegrass side of things. His name is Jesse Stewart. Song is called cold beer. Also . Check out the grouch as an artist. Pure gold.
You would NEVER catch me in a million years with a piece of that racist clothing on my body. You DO know what fubu stands for.. right? (For "Us" By "Us", and the "Us" only means black folk, bump that noise.

For today? Well first I have to preface it with I don't have as much time nowadays to keep my finger on the pulse the same as before in terms of off-the-beaten-path artists and venues. Been really vibin on Alla Xul Elu (A.X.E.) though lately. But let's see... an example of a non HorrorCore artist I've really enjoyed might be like... Eyedea? Brother Ali (A White Albino dude). Um... DZK is very clever. Several more horrorcore artists in the mix for sure like Necro, and of course that whole <ICP, Twiztid, Psychopathic Records, MNE> thing. A fun one is Homeless Bob. For some wickedly vivid imagery pop in some Rheotaxis some day when nobody is around and the windows are up, and trip the bleep out. Another dude by the name of Gentle Jones has some really good dream-like imagery too. Hell's Kitchen has some real catchy growly tunes. And whoo! For some high octane Rap-Rock type of stuff Jason Porter aka JPD brings it in spades. Bishop Lamont, gotta rep Carson baby! Also kinda dig on the different vibe of Die Antwoord, a South African rap duo that does a style called Zef that reps their area and sometimes has elements reminiscent of 90's rave-like bits thrown in for flavor. And definitely that land has influence on some of their rthymical inspirations for sure. And I forget where I found his track at...maybe MP3.com? Some dude going by illnon... man.. his stand-and-deliver battle-rap styles are DEEP! He's that dude I said will have like lines that have 3 layers deep of word-play within them! QStrange another good up and comer in the horrcore thing. Wolfpac is intense. ZipperNeck has a song you'l never forget, PM me about it, NSFW. There's some chic called Jymini that was makin fresh stuff independent as well. OH and of course been diggin on Tom Macdonald. MadChild is growing on me a lil. The High Children have some really cool joints people been diggin on when I slip em in at parties.

Anyway it's really not a thing of particular artists. I began in the era where a song had to stand on it's own over the radio only and attain notoriety that way.

Nowadays you got a lotta (EDIT: main-stream) songs that won't even make any sense unless a person has seen the video it was produce for/from. And that's just plain dumb.

For me.. I have to be able to close my eyes and listen and be able to "see" all the imagery the MC is trying to deliver and sense whether or not I can feel the vibe he's trying to emote in the delivery of his lyrics. And is he committing completely to their delivery or not? When you experience an MC that truly connects with the material and they commit themselves fully to the personna or caricature they envisioned for these lyrics. Violent J is the hands-down best there is at committing fully to the delivery, injecting intense emotional inflection into it while delivering, makes for excellent story-telling/picture-painting of the imagery invoked.

anyway I'm sure there's a bunch I'm forgetting. :)

EDIT: Not a Rap artist, but I'm really diggin on tunes from the duo "Rising Apalachia" You country guys would likely dig on them.

Last edited:

grfox92

WKR
You would NEVER catch me in a million years with a piece of that racist clothing on my body. You DO know what fubu stands for.. right? (For "Us" By "Us", and the "Us" only means black folk, bump that noise.

For today? Well first I have to preface it with I don't have as much time nowadays to keep my finger on the pulse the same as before in terms of off-the-beaten-path artists and venues. Been really vibin on Alla Xul Elu (A.X.E.) though lately. But let's see... an example of a non HorrorCore artist I've really enjoyed might be like... Eyedea? Brother Ali (A White Albino dude). Um... DZK is very clever. Several more horrorcore artists in the mix for sure like Necro, and of course that whole thing. A fun one is Homeless Bob. For some wickedly vivid imagery pop in some Rheotaxis some day when nobody is around and the windows are up, and trip the bleep out. Another dude by the name of Gentle Jones has some really good dream-like imagery too. Hell's Kitchen has some real catchy growly tunes. And whoo! For some high octane Rap-Rock type of stuff Jason Porter aka JPD brings it in spades. Bishop Lamont, gotta rep Carson baby! Also kinda dig on the different vibe of Die Antwoord, a South African rap duo that does a style called Zef that reps their area and sometimes has elements reminiscent of 90's rave-like bits thrown in for flavor. And definitely that land has influence on some of their rthymical inspirations for sure. And I forget where I found his track at...maybe MP3.com? Some dude going by illnon... man.. his stand-and-deliver battle-rap styles are DEEP! He's that dude I said will have like lines that have 3 layers deep of word-play within them! QStrange another good up and comer in the horrcore thing. Wolfpac is intense. ZipperNeck has a song you'l never forget, PM me about it, NSFW. There's some chic called Jymini that was makin fresh stuff independent as well. OH and of course been diggin on Tom Macdonald. MadChild is growing on me a lil. The High Children have some really cool joints people been diggin on when I slip em in at parties.

Anyway it's really not a thing of particular artists. I began in the era where a song had to stand on it's own over the radio only and attain notoriety that way.

Nowadays you got a lotta (EDIT: main-stream) songs that won't even make any sense unless a person has seen the video it was produce for/from. And that's just plain dumb.

For me.. I have to be able to close my eyes and listen and be able to "see" all the imagery the MC is trying to deliver and sense whether or not I can feel the vibe he's trying to emote in the delivery of his lyrics. And is he committing completely to their delivery or not? When you experience an MC that truly connects with the material and they commit themselves fully to the personna or caricature they envisioned for these lyrics. Violent J is the hands-down best there is at committing fully to the delivery, injecting intense emotional inflection into it while delivering, makes for excellent story-telling/picture-painting of the imagery invoked.

anyway I'm sure there's a bunch I'm forgetting. :)

EDIT: Not a Rap artist, but I'm really diggin on tunes from the duo "Rising Apalachia" You country guys would likely dig on them.
I agree with a lot of what your saying.

To just make a statement that "Rap Sucks" is very foolish. I would say some of the best and most brilliant lyrical songs ever made are from the 90s rap era.

I don't like any rap that has been made in the last 20 years. But to pretend none of it has ever been good is closed minded and absurd.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Honest question: Have you always been this close-minded? Just really curious here what motivates you to make yourself look so combative? I gave my response to the "I hate Rap" thing and then went into detail to defend my assertion, as to why I stood behind my statement. You've not done that here like the way adults do.

I mean... shoot man... this is like the verbal equivalent of a kid on the short bus pipin' up outta nowhere with something like "I DON'T LIKE KOOL-AID!!!" where everyone just looks at em like WTF? "Uh yeah..Ok Buddy!"

But what if he said "I don't like Tang"

And everyone agreed....