wolf management debate

mt terry d

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Was this in response to my post above?

Colorado (which it clearly states in the post) IS a state that's essentially managing wildlife through mob rule (ballot initiatives).

Kind of a bizarre take.
it was in response to those who believe “middle of the roaders’ opinion regarding wildlife management” is the problem.

Management by mob rule as done in this instance in Colorado is merely a symptom of the actual problem as described in #1.

Hnthrdr

WKR
It describes golden eagles and weasels and mink and orcas and....and...and... I saw a shorebird in Maui kill a lizard a month ago when I was there. Ohhh that bloodthirsty killer!!!

But noone describes any of them that way. So why are some hunters so adamant about describing them that way? If killing something to eat it, makes something a blood thirsty killer then why do we not describe ourselves that way? Because killing something for food does not make one bloodthirsty killers.
Think about it that way maybe.
My guess is because we are in direct competition with wolves. IE we prefer to eat the same things. Also outside of cats (big and small) and wolves and humans of course not many creatures sport kill. For a recent example The wolves that killed 4 yearling cows outside of kremmling a couple weeks ago, they did not eat those cows

2ski

WKR
Listen up and I'll spell it out for you. Wolves were compared to criminals, not called criminals as someone else said.
In this country we operate under the principal of innocent until proven guilty. No one is a criminal until convicted. How do we dress our convicts?
I'm not suggesting that wolves are actually running around in prison attire.
If you bother to read you'd see that the disagreement was around the word "likened" which is comparative. Wolves need management just as criminals need management. This does not mean the poster of the comment called wolves criminals as the offended party said.
You're free to voice your opinion however you like. Keep.it up.
You missed the whole point man. You're so keyed up on being able to compare wolves to criminals you missed the point. I'm not taking the time to explain it because you can read the thread just as well.

Again the dumbest thing I've read so far. And the fact that you think it's profound makes it funny as all get out.