Wod

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Smoke at home is hazy, but not horrible. Basically just drift from Oregon.
Missoula on the other hand is significantly worse. They are getting it from the Bitterroot, Southern Idaho and Oregon. Gotta love a town at the confluence of 5 valleys.

Even centuries ago, Native Americans evidently called it the valley of a thousand smokes :D

TripleJ

WKR
Every 1:15 for 10 rounds
-3 box jumps @ 30" + 1 power clean & 3 split jerks, building from 60%

2 minutes at each station for max reps or cals/ 15 seconds rest between station
-assault bike
-push jerks @ 115#
-ski erg
-power cleans 115#

2 rounds:
-10 tempo GHD back extensions
-10R/10L pallof press
-10 GHD reverse hypers

sjwfarms

WKR
full body:
warm-up before all working sets
BB bench 3x10 225
DB arnolds 3x10 60's
Hammer pulldowns 3x10 180
DB 24" box steps 3x15 20s
dips 3x15
abs

stretch

still 2 months out but switching to more full body lifts and cutting back on weight just a bit. Focusing more on the trails

Sorry I went MIA gentlemen, clearly y’all are having more fun than I. Still packing/loading and working. Still getting in short workouts nothing like this group.
I’ll get back on track soon just bear with me until we close on the sale of our home. Still looking for old school gym, but down here it’s either a “ no judgement” place or a mortgage payment to lift weights. I’ll find something that fits.
Keep up the great work and good luck in the backcountry

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm trying something a little new—a thread from awhile back discussing muscular endurance https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/muscular-endurance-for-mountain-athletes.371086/

Basically finding a steep ass slope and hiking it w/ ~ 25% of your weight on your back AND keeping your heart rate in Zone 2. The idea is to throughly fatigue the muscles, not the cardio system. Taken from Uphill Athlete (and others) who have a pretty good idea on what works in the mountains. Their take is doing this once or twice a week for a month or so before whatever it is you're getting ready for.

Soooo... 5 miles today (w/ Tiny Elvis- no extra weight for him!) and ~ 1400' of gain, the gain all coming in the first 3/4 miles—using 45# pack.

I had to make a conscious effort to keep the heart rate in Zone 2—I kept it right at the edge of 2 & 3. A little over 40 minutes to go 3/4 of mile :D

I'll give it another shot in a few days.