Wod

FlyGuy

WKR
Been out since Friday. Going thru some life changes and it’s taking all I have to get a workout in and stay on track. Today was my first time doing the 5:30 pm class.

5 min DU practice

Power Snatch - 9x3@ 65%

Bench Press - 5 @ 55/65/75%

WOD - For Time:
- Row 250m
- 50 Single Arm KB snatches (52#)
- 25 Over the Rower Burpees
- Row 250m

(8:05 RX)

I’m very happy to report that I was consistently hitting 4-5 consecutive DU/attempt today. I feel like I’m getting really close to re-gaining that skill.

“What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of spirit.“

Chief Seattle

FlyGuy

WKR
Deadlift - 4x10 @ 60% + 1 set of Max reps

Split Jerk - 9x3 @ 65%

WOD - For time w/ 15 min timecap:

3 rounds of
- 300m Run
- 15 reverse lunge db Thrusters (45#db)

(52 reps RX, scored as 30pts/rd)

This WOD was a little crazy. Only ONE person in the gym completed this one RX; and she is the main coach who also competes at a National level. I’d never heard of a reverse lunge db thruster before but I “thought” I knew what it would be. I was wrong. Turns out that, just to get one damn rep, after you get the pair of db’s up to your shoulders, then you have to do 1 reverse lunge left, then 1 rev lunge right, and then do a db thruster. That counts as one. It kicked my ass. It was so hard to make yourself pick the damn things back up off the ground. But, score was still good enough for 7th place so I’ll take what I can get!

“What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of spirit.“

Chief Seattle

FlyGuy

WKR
Power Cleans 9x3 @ 65%

Back extensions - 3x12

WOD -AMRAP15:
- Buy In = 150cal Bike (10min cap)
Then as many rounds as possible of:
- 50 DU
- 10 Chest 2 bar pull-ups
- 10 Ball Slams (20#)

(138RX)

The Bike portion was tough! Minimum 15cal/min to beat the cap. I finished @ 9:45. My DU are getting better! I mean, I still suck at them, but today I sucked a little bit less! I was Consistently hitting 4-8 per attempt. Still slow AF to get to 50, but way better than last time!

Chief Seattle