OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
What did you use to mount it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We use something like this.

Are you both using thermals and if so what's y'alls setup/s? Also, are you only night hunting or are you day hunting and switching back and forth between thermals and standard scope optics during the day.

For what it's worth, depending on what thermal y'all are using, I've been reading where some of the units are having issues with holding zero.

All the thermal optics belong to my brother. He has some really nice equipment! I'm hooked on them and would buy some but I just don't do it enough at this point to justify the cost. Maybe at some point down the road.

He has two scanners. They are Bering Phenom 640's and he mounted them on a pair of old hiking sticks that had 1/4x20 threads on top. That way your arm doesn't get tired holding it up all night. He also mounted battery packs to them so we could leave the scanners on all night. Worked great.

The sight I was using is the Super Hogster-R which has a 384x288 core resolution. It worked fine but I see why people like the 640 resolution better.

His personal sight is the Super Yoter R and it's really nice according to him. Last year he had a Trijicon that cost almost twice as much and he likes this one better.