Will Tikka CTR 223 mags work with 204 ruger ammo?

carbon

Like the title says. I haven't found an answer on this one. What got me thinking along these lines is I do know a 223 Accurate Mag AICS magazine works with 204 ruger ammo in a Rem 700.

But as I also have a Tikka 204 in a factory wood stock, I was thinking of converting it to CTR so I can have a ten-shot mag plus CTR mags are nice and short. I have a CTR bottom metal and I'd have to mill the stock a bit to make it fit.

I know I could simply buy a chassis that works with AICS or CTR mags, but humor me. I'd like to keep the stock.

Edit: the regular non-CTR mags in 223 work with the 204 round. So, I would think the 223 CTR mags would follow suit. But I just wanted to check. If no one knows I'll call Beretta.

Last edited:

amassi

Well Known Rokslider
They'll work just fine

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

Well Known Rokslider
The ctr stock has a larger inlet than a lite, you can’t simply swap to a ctr bottom metal.

Your best bet would be to find a ctr stock and bottom metal.

Honestly I’d go with a bravo and aics mags and get a better and adjustable stock and not have to deal with ctr mags.

OP
carbon

carbon

The ctr stock has a larger inlet than a lite, you can’t simply swap to a ctr bottom metal.

Your best bet would be to find a ctr stock and bottom metal.

Honestly I’d go with a bravo and aics mags and get a better and adjustable stock and not have to deal with ctr mags.

Yeah, I already understand that. I like double stack mags like the CTR. I have a secondhand CTR bottom metal laying around. And as far as I know, there are no regular Tikka 10rd mags.
I have a CTR bottom metal and I'd have to mill the stock a bit to make it fit.

I know I could simply buy a chassis that works with AICS or CTR mags, but humor me. I'd like to keep the stock.

Lawnboi

Well Known Rokslider
Yeah, I already understand that. I like double stack mags like the CTR. I have a secondhand CTR bottom metal laying around. And as far as I know, there are no regular Tikka 10rd mags.
Waters rifleman out of Australia. They are great mags but expensive. Another option. I have a 6 and 10 round 223 and need more. They fit the standard bottom metal. Got them for popping prairie dogs.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smith17311