will inflation/fuel prices change your hunting plans?

I laugh at all the comments about filling freezers……how much per lbs you paying? Lol

it’s all about priority…….for some hunting is a priority, for others it’s a braggin rights issue, for others it’s a fellowship time with family/friends……some of that you can’t put a price tag on!
Local hunts for me are super cheap and fill the freezer. We have filled several deer and elk tags, mostly cow and doe just miles from the house. A road trip hunt is all about the adventure which is good therapy as well.

Nope, not at all. It's nice to have an account just for hunting which prevents questions or issues with my wife.

Heading out to scout tomorrow and it's a five hour drive round trip. I also have an out-of-state mule deer hunt.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Costs definitely affect my hunting and fishing. Quit a lease last year due to cost.

wondering about long term plans w vax and travel restrictions and overall cost increases.

hunting is fun but travel hunts are done on a budget. Couple of us old guys are trying to fit another trip in. Need to draw the permits first, then will check the cost logistics from there.

Prices continue to rise here but I’m not letting it stop me, my sheep and moose hunts are too important to me, especially the sheep hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No it will not effect my travel plans. And I travel quite a bit to hunt Nov thru Feb. Everything is more like Hotels and gas. I work hard and live to hunt and Im not giving that up no matter how much it goes up.

It will effect me upgrading those VX 3‘s to VX 6HD’s on two rifles. Or that upgrade in binos from Older Swaro ELs to NL Pures. I will get by with what has been working for me. For me the challenges are all first world problems. I will pack that lunch with some great homemade sammichs from home for the road trips instead of spending $12-15 for out lunch on the road. Probably hold off trading the 2017 Silverado for a new model another year or two. You watch a bit for ways to cut spending all year and the money will be there for hunting trips. i make my grocery list on Thursday when the new weekly ad comes out. I stock up on BOGOs that would buy anyway at regular pricing. I probably save enough just doing that in food and cleaning supplies to pay for alot of my hunting.
Beyond that I will look for ways to increase my income buy
taking on a few pieces of business that In would otherwise let go by the wayside.
Sometimes I think my cost and stress cutting gets in the way of increasing my income.

The vaccine is a placebo, a saline solution. Otherwise, very few people would be getting sick...
Duh. I wish my boss and the home owners would realize that. Smart people, too. I think there's an ideological or political statement being made of your all for the vaccine. Whatever. Going to look for a bear this evening. And tomorrow. And every day because I don't have a job!

Back