Wild Game Recipes

There doesn’t seem to be a thread out there sharing your favorite wild game recipes! Let’s hear them! Any game, any cut any cuisine.

Pictures makes the recipe better! After all, we do eat with putt eyes.

I specifically looking for a pickled venison heart recipe. Anybody have one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I too am looking for recipes/spice/seasoning suggestions outside of the typically steak seasoning

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Your favorite wild steak pan seared in olive oil and butter, take off and let sit when it hits a little above rare. splash a new TBSP olive oil in the same pan and pan fry some crushed cashews, dehydrated apricots, dried cherries, and some tarragon, salt and pepper...

once the nuts are brown and the fruit has softened (2-3 min), cut those steaks thin and return to pan until its done to medium or med well.

serve with rice or quinoa. boom!

Patton

Lil-Rokslider
I treat wild game as if it’s like any other meat. Some cuts are better slow cooked, others fast and rare.
Stuffed bell peppers, venison Parmesan, Thai larb with venison, beef (venison) Mongolian, Turkey pot pie.

An easy recipe:

Cajun Pork/Venison Roast over Rice
Season 2lbs Pork/Venison (cumin/chili/salt/pepper) and brown in pan. Remove and add to crockpot. Add chopped celery, bell pepper, onion, garlic, fire roasted tomato(optional), mushrooms, tomato paste, to crockpot. Add beef or game stock. Cook until tender and serve over white rice, cauliflower rice, mashed potatoes. Wait to add mushrooms during the last hour of cook.

OMG, those white tail tomahawks look fantastic! I will have these if I fill my tags this season. Thanks for posting.

OP
RockinRam96
Those tomahawks look amazing. I wished I had thought if that when quartering my buck. If we shoot another one these are certainly in order!

winny94

FNG
Not really a recipe, but my first time grinding my own meat. Mixed 10 lbs with 2 lbs bacon. We are going to use this just for burgers.View attachment 340131
Love me some rare meat, but with the bacon in there, how rare can you go? (And I know the threat of undercooked domesticated pork is fairly low - but old habits die hard)

bowhunter307

Lil-Rokslider
Spicy venison udon noodles:

Barbacoa tacos:

Recipes from this page have never let us down. Definitely worth a try.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

OP
RockinRam96
I did a pulled venison neck roast and venison ribs for my buddies at camp this weekend. Surprisingly they both turned out great!

The neck roast was half of the neck from the base of the skull to the spine where the first rib starts. Was about 6-8” long and about 4-8” in diameter. Seasoned the roast with some Pitt Boss pulled pork rub, poured some Dr Pepper in the crock pot and let it cook on low all day long. Didn’t have the slightest taste of gaminess or much venison taste. My buddies said, “Taste like roast beef.”

For the ribs, I seasoned them as you would season pork. Favorite dry rub, salt and pepper then vacuum sealed them and threw them in the freezer. Thawed them and grilled them over charcoal. Turned out great! My buddies said, “This taste like steak!”

I was pleasantly surprised. When I was younger I remember many gamy tasting venison meals. More recently I have been able to get rid of that gamy flavor and enjoy venison much more.

2b026e81a7f386d823792144ed6d98c8.jpg

Last edited:

Lhook7

FNG
I did a pulled venison neck roast and venison ribs for my buddies at camp this weekend. Surprisingly they both turned out great!

The neck roast was half of the neck from the base of the skull to the spine where the first rib starts. Was about 6-8” long and about 4-8” in diameter. Seasoned the road with some Pitt Boss pulled pork rub, poured some Dr Pepper in the crock pot and let it cook on low all day long. Didn’t have the slightest taste of gaminess or much venison taste. My buddies said, “Taste like roast beef.”

For the ribs, I seasoned them as you would season pork. Favorite dry rub, salt and pepper then vacuum sealed them and threw them in the freezer. Thawed them and grilled them over charcoal. Turned out great! My buddies said, “This taste like steak!”

I was pleasantly surprised. When I was younger I remember many gamy tasting venison meals. More recently I have been able to get rid of that gamy flavor and enjoy venison much more.

2b026e81a7f386d823792144ed6d98c8.jpg

Looks great!

Stuffed deer loin, section of back strap (loin) poke full of holes with a fork, take a long thin knife and cut a pocket through the loin, soak in apple cider about 24 hrs., take a pound of good loose sausage, grate a grannie smith apple and mix with sausage, remove the loin from the soak and stuff the loin with the apple,sausage mix, wrap in thick cut bacon, place in roasting dish, and pour about a cup of cider in dish, foil cover and bake low and slow until its cone where you want,remove the foil and continue baking until the bacon is done, basting the loin as it finishes.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
xiaoxu425