Why the NR HATE?? Let's fix it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A visual representation of how @Wyo_hntr loves non-residents.

uIkZb4.gif

MTN BUM

Lil-Rokslider
Well I’ve opened a big enough can of worms here so what the heck.

If we’re going that route. . .

Anyone that gets a tax refund shouldn’t be hunting on any of the government owned lands. They’re not paying for it. Someone else is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would almost agree, but first you need to change your language:
FROM
"Anyone that gets a tax refund shouldn’t be hunting on any of the government owned lands. They’re not paying for it. Someone else is."
TO
Anyone that does not pay net taxes shouldn’t be hunting on any of the government owned lands. They’re not paying for it. Someone else is.

eltaco

WKR
I think the OP was doing a good thing by trying to find a way for hunters to begin advocating as a group for the common good, and it went completely sideways as it usually does…. And so goes our continued losing battle of a divided group of hunters vs an organized group of anti-hunters.

That really is the entire premise of the thread and will lead to the eventual outcome we all suffer as a result.

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Wow. A bunch of entitled rich guys scheming for reallocation of resident tags. I think resident commoners, new hunters, and young people should be prioritized. Every NR tag in these fully prescribed states takes away from resident allocation.
Or the new hunters and young hunters might want to hunt MT also and not just ND every year. It's not JUST rich people hunting out of state, that's a big assumption to make an incomplete argument. Pretty sure hunting in different states affordably is beneficial to all. Seems odd anyone would be 100% for this, same crap with out of state education except a lot of states banded together in regions to make college more affordable for each other. Western Undergraduate Exchange, etc. MT might not want hunters from California or MA, but you'd think ND and MT working together to exchange tags at similar prices for each other would be a good thing. Or of course it's just 100% all about the money, and if so screw the Govt.

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It’s been a really long time so I don’t remember the details as to “why” anymore but it’s been litigated more than once. You can try to find the court case that NM guide George Taulman brought against Arizona when it came to opposing the AZ 90/10 res non-res split. He lost.
Thanks I figured, I'm no legal genius, but payed attention enough in all those History classes to think it maybe applied or someone had looked at it. For the most part I think the commerce clause did as much damage as it did good in this country. Possibly best this way, god knows none of us want the federal govt taking over control over another resource in this country. But they took over waterfowl because they cross state lines, wait till some activist realizes deer do the same thing....

S.Clancy

WKR
I think a big thing that gets missed is a lot of us that live in these states everyone wants to hunt make huge sacrifices (mostly financial but others as well) to live here and enjoy these things as residents. Thus, it rubs us the wrong way when NR insist they are entitled to things or certain allocations outside what the law states (our legislatures have determined NR allocations, same I would imagine as the rest of the western states). I find it highly unlikely a state legislature is going to listen to more NR allocation outside of outfitter set asides, which would make most worse off.

As was stated above, the G&F departments will find a way to spend the money that is generated from NR license revenue, it may not be necessary. In MT you are prob paying for BS. It's not like that $$$ actually goes anywhere to move the needle like habitat acquisition, etc. And, as I stated before, I find it highly unlikely that increased G&F revenue is positively correlative to game herd health, number, or positive hunting experience.

Well, if you guys lived in Oregon, you wouldn’t worry too much about NR, not many come here to hunt😂

I personally don’t like residents

eltaco

WKR
I see the word “entitled” only applies to NR applicants, not to residents owning 1/4 acre of land in town expecting to hunt freely on someone else’s property so long as it is within the boundaries of the state they just moved to.

Ah, I understand now.

Get off my lawn you entitled NR! I own this 1/4 acre and everything else within this state boundary!

CorbLand

WKR
I see the word “entitled” only applies to NR applicants, not to residents owning 1/4 acre of land in town expecting to hunt freely on someone else’s property so long as it is within the boundaries of the state they just moved to.

Ah, I understand now.

Get off my lawn you entitled NR! I own this 1/4 acre and everything else within this state boundary!
It has nothing to do with who owns the land. It has to do with who owns the animals. It’s the law that animals are held in trust for the residents of the state. How can one be entitled to something that is literally theirs?

The bottom line is that as a nonresident, I am owed nothing. Everything that a state, that I don’t reside in, gives me is a privilege.

HuntCrazy

Lil-Rokslider
WOW.... 16 pages I'm not gonna go back and read it all; I just find this ironic!
I've been saying for the last couple years... its a "blame the NR" for everything! I mean its all fine and dandy... just remember we are all NR somewhere. Also if I might add.... its really not surprising looking at the world we live in with the "its someone else's fault" "as long as I get mine" and so on....Covid was an eye opener. Sad thing is we will all suffer in the end.... and it will be to late..
I just pray I get to experience a few great hunts with my two young boys before its all over with!

Status
Not open for further replies.