Who is this weasel??

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorbLand

WKR
I disagree if he puts it on his Instagram profile then he is always flying their banner.

He is a representative of the company but he did not go there as a representative of Sitka.

Sitka is going to have to make a statement about this and I hope this guy is canned. All I am saying is that because someone in your organization has an opinion does not mean its a representation of the organization.

He removed the part on his bio about working for Sitka

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

He is a representative of the company but he did not go there as a representative of Sitka.

Sitka is going to have to make a statement about this and I hope this guy is canned. All I am saying is that because someone in your organization has an opinion does not mean its a representation of the organization.

While you're right he does have a 1st amendment right, that only applies to prosecution. A company can/should take action if a rogue employee goes against the grain of their foundation. I tell my employees all the time they represent us at and off work...act accordingly. In 2018 it's tough for people to take ownership for their actions. If the NRA had an employee making a video like this I suspect, despite no legal ramifications, they wouldn't be employed long even if on their own time.

I don't neccessarily hope he gets canned. I do know if his employer doesn't do anything then the statement has been made. If he is discharged then we know where they stand also...

good discussion though.

EastMT

WKR
I don’t own any Sitka but I’m sure they will react reasonably and within employment laws.

He’s an environmental lead, probably not a hard core right winger to start with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
While you're right he does have a 1st amendment right, that only applies to prosecution. A company can/should take action if a rogue employee goes against the grain of their foundation. I tell my employees all the time they represent us at and off work...act accordingly. In 2018 it's tough for people to take ownership for their actions. If the NRA had an employee making a video like this I suspect, despite no legal ramifications, they wouldn't be employed long even if on their own time.

I don't neccessarily hope he gets canned. I do know if his employer doesn't do anything then the statement has been made. If he is discharged then we know where they stand also...

good discussion though.

I agree with you. I am mostly making my comment to those that are acting like he went there and did this because Sitka told him to, therefore making Sitka an anti second amendment company.

Shrek

WKR
I don’t just hope he gets fired but demand he be fired before I buy another piece of Sitka gear. I’d hate to have to give up Timberline pants but there’s other options.

tdhanses

WKR
I agree with you. I am mostly making my comment to those that are acting like he went there and did this because Sitka told him to, therefore making Sitka an anti second amendment company.

I agree to a point but Sitka has many social media representatives, all the people they sponsor and if an employee adds into their profile their place of employment to me they are then representing their employer at all times on that platform. Many Sponsored Individuals of Sitka also liked his post, they represent Sitka on social media as well. So to me he was representing Sitka. So while Sitka probably didn’t tell him to do this he and everyone they sponsor are representing the brand when they use the company name to further their profile or self on social media, I mean who puts their company and title on social media unless they are pushing it for recognition any way.

Be interesting to see if Sitka responds or if they just let this fade with time.

Trial153

WKR
He will get shit canned for volition of some local media policy they have. Nobody writes a contact or policy statement nowadays without a clause in if for stuff like this. I don't think anyone with a half of brain would take this as some kind of statement from Sitka gear as being anti 2A. However you can't stop people from spinning things.

Still waiting for Newberg or Jacobson or the other Sitka ambassadors to speak up or do they all agree with what was posted. The post was bad enough but having that douche nozzle that helped get a hunt cancelled was the ultimate slap in the face to hunters and gun owners

tdhanses

WKR
Still waiting for Newberg or Jacobson or the other Sitka ambassadors to speak up or do they all agree with what was posted. The post was bad enough but having that douche nozzle that helped get a hunt cancelled was the ultimate slap in the face to hunters and gun owners

I don’t think they need to even acknowledge this guy or respond one way or another unless they liked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.