Which bullet puller

I've used the rcbs inertia one and have the metal multi caliber hand tool that the extreme store sells. I use that one now

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

SloppyJ

WKR
RCBS collet puller over the Hornady. I also have the plastic hammer type Lyman but doing more than 5 ot 10 is a real PITA. Go with the RCBS and a few collets to cover you.

VernAK

WKR
I had a primer detonate in a hammer type inertia puller and fortunately the powder didn't ignite or I'd have been injured.

SloppyJ

WKR
I had a primer detonate in a hammer type inertia puller and fortunately the powder didn't ignite or I'd have been injured.
How did that happen? The ones I've seen have an open back around the primer. Shouldn't be anything there to strike it. I've had one go off at chest level when I was seating them in my press. About shit my pants.

jfk69

Lil-Rokslider
RCBS collet for me, though I do have an inertia puller if I only have one or two to do.

Snowwolfe

Lil-Rokslider
RCBS collet. However, the inertia hammer does have its place when removing short stubby handgun bullets.

rayporter

WKR
it depends....
if you only have one to pull it is easy to grab an inertia puller and not have to unscrew a die and screw in the collet puller then unscrew the collet and screw in the die to get going again.
if you have several to pull the collet is tops. if you have room and an extra press to leave the collet in you are golden. when loading at the range i keep an extra press with a collet in it tight beside my sizing press.

Runwilderness

Lil-Rokslider
I hate the hammers. Require earplugs and a surface you don’t mind beating to s—t. Grip and pull has worked well the few times I’be used it.

TaperPin

WKR
If you only have a few, a pair of vice grips, side cutters, or even wire strippers works. Simply run the loaded round into the press without a die, clamp the bullet and pull the case down. It does damage the bullet, but they can be loaded for fouling rounds. Many of us just pull the bullet and toss it in the trash.

buffybr

Lil-Rokslider
I have both a RCBS inertia puller and a RCBS collet die with .22, .25, 7 mm, .30, and .375 collets. I use them both. I put a foam ear plug or a wad of cloth in the bottom of the inertia puller to prevent lead bullet noses from distorting.