I need help

OP
W

willtim

WKR
I bought an inertia puller and it made short work of pulling 20 rounds. I then resized with the de-capping pin removed with no issues except it increased the length. The only problem I now have is I trimmed three cases too short. The trim length is 2.025. I trimmed to 1.99-2.00. Are these three cases safe to shoot? Thanks

Jeff_Gibbons

Lil-Rokslider
Don't waste your time with the hammer pullers , these work ten times as fast .

I tried this tool and didn’t like the results. Maybe just me but I either squeezed too hard and deformed the bullet or scraped it up and didn’t pull. Hammer puller always worked

PlumberED

WKR
Classified Approved
I bought an inertia puller and it made short work of pulling 20 rounds. I then resized with the de-capping pin removed with no issues except it increased the length. The only problem I now have is I trimmed three cases too short. The trim length is 2.025. I trimmed to 1.99-2.00. Are these three cases safe to shoot? Thanks
I think they will be safe to shoot. I have made the same mistake and shot them with no problem.

sdupontjr

WKR
RCBS collet puller. Doesnt mark up bullets. I had pulled bullets often whe. I was working up pressure loads. Pulled bullets with no issues.

But then I decided to pull my decapping pin out of my FL RCBS dies so that I can resize the neck area after the bullets are pulled. So now i have a resized brass ready to go with a good primer already in it. Bought a separate LEE universal decapping die to punch primers and works like a champ. 20221006_165801.jpg20221006_165733.jpg

WCB

WKR
I've "pulled" hundreds and hundreds of rounds with just an RCBS Kinetic one. 3-5 good whacks does the job most of the time.

Trim length will be fine, they'll grow a bit as you shoot them as you know. If all the cartridges you were shooting were short it could get fouling in the chamber area at the neck but that's not enough to even blink at, IMO.

I've had excellent results with these.

I've used Kinetic pullers, but prefer the Grip-N-Pulls. As long as you don't gorilla squeeze them, I haven't noticed any issues with bullets.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk