I need help

willtim

WKR
I really screwed up 20 rounds. I need to pull bullets, dump powder, and de-cap unfired primers. Who makes the best bullet puller and how do I de-cap unfired primers? Thanks for all of the advice.

kota

FNG
I don’t know about best, but I have used the kinetic bullet pullers in the last. They work but it would take a while to do a box…

For the primers I have just “shot” them in my rifle after the bullet and powder were removed.

gman82001

WKR
I like the rcbs collet puller that screws in the press for uncrimped hunting rounds, set up correctly it doesn’t mark up bullets. Either a decapping die or just run it back in your sizing die and pop the primer out.

CRJR45

WKR
Don't waste your time with the hammer pullers , these work ten times as fast .

Last edited:
LOL even now 20 primers is like $2.

I like the collet pullers way better than the kinetic ones.

PlumberED

WKR
Classified Approved
I have used both the RCBS collet and kinetic bullet pullers, they both have there place. Sometimes the collet will leave marks on bullets. I agree with not wasting the primers, just remove the decamping pin from the die before resizing the brass

LOL even now 20 primers is like $2.

I like the collet pullers way better than the kinetic ones.

I dont pull many bullets because I am almost perfect, however the Eld style bullets and collet pullers have given me a fight..almost need the hammer to work them out a tad

Kinetic puller all the way. If you're worried about the cost of primers, the time involved in this isn't an issue. Collet pullers can/will leave marks as has been said.

Put a small piece of foam in the end to cushion the bullet as it comes out and the tips should stay in good shape.

Use one enough, and you'll develop a feel for the bullet coming out. As it starts to come out, lighten up the tapping as the bullet pops free.

Effective is as effective does. 20 rounds is a very small number to be splitting hairs about. Do a kinetic, spend the time and you're good.

Leverwalker

Lil-Rokslider
I just use a kinetic puller with foam at the end, and a Lee universal decapper. I collect the unfired primers and use them again. No issues with either the primers or bullets.

TaperPin

WKR
I bought a bullet puller, but for a long time a simple pair of vice grips in place of a reloading die will easily pull bullets with the press. I never trusted pulled bullets and just tossed them anyway.

Live primers are easily deprimed the normal way.

Go West Old Man

WKR
Classified Approved
RCBS collet puller. Doesn’t mark up the bullets, and is quiet ( no banging on a hard surface making a racket!)