Which bullet puller

Another vote for the RCBS collet puller! Much easier than the hammer, won’t suddenly break and throw components all over your garage (ask me how I know…), and much less noisy!

How about the "why" as to inertia pullers "suck"?

How did one "break"? Cap come off, shatter, etc?

A primer should not detonate with an inertia puller. Otherwise, primers would go off during recoil, not clear on that?

Put a piece of foam in the puller to cushion the bullet when it leaves the case. Tips are fine.

Yes, noisy. But how many rounds does a guy take apart?

How about the "why" as to inertia pullers "suck"?

How did one "break"? Cap come off, shatter, etc?

A primer should not detonate with an inertia puller. Otherwise, primers would go off during recoil, not clear on that?

Put a piece of foam in the puller to cushion the bullet when it leaves the case. Tips are fine.

Yes, noisy. But how many rounds does a guy take apart?
Nothing detonated with mine, it just shattered. It was old, had pulled many rounds. They work, don’t get me wrong. If mine hadn’t broken and I didn’t replace it with a collet puller I’d still be using one. But now that I’ve switched to a collet puller I find it to be much easier, faster and less effort/mess than an inertia puller. If I had to advice someone starting from scratch, I’d lead them towards a collet puller.

My main concern is the damage a collet puller could do to the bullet. The inertia puller, despite named disadvantages, keep the bullet intact and with some padding at the front no tip distortion

jfk69

Lil-Rokslider
My main concern is the damage a collet puller could do to the bullet. The inertia puller, despite named disadvantages, keep the bullet intact and with some padding at the front no tip distortion
I’ve never seen damage to a bullet from using the properly sized collet in my RCBS. But, I bought some pulled 160gr. Accubonds on Gunbroker that had slight marks on them. Haven’t seen one iota of difference in how they shoot compared to pristine factory bullets.

I always hear this touted as a concern. Never had an issue with it. At worst it’ll leave a faint ring similar to what the seating die may leave, but never have had one with actual damage to the bullet itself.

06 SB

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Hornady collet puller and have been happy with it. Some collets can pull double duty too. I use the 7mm for it and 277 cartridges. 6mm collet works for 6.5. It doesn’t mess up the bullets at all if done properly.

Axlrod

WKR
I have an RCBS hammer, an RCBS collet, and the Hornady collet.
The hammer works fine, I use a large block of wood and hold the puller between the thumb and index finger and let the puller "rebound" when striking the wood.
Both collet pullers work well, the Hornady is faster than the RCBS.