Where do you get your daily News?

Status
Not open for further replies.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
If you read news, especially from many different points of view you can get some clarity and understanding.
The problem though is that 10 people can see the exact same thing happen right before their eyes, and you'll get 10 different opinions of what actually happened.......and none of the 10 opinions may be what actually even happened. Either that, or they'll interpret it completely wrong or massage it to meet their agenda. You really have to have good discernment and deductive reasoning skills to really get to the truth and facts.

We really don't get much actual "news" these days. We get "opinion" shows with idiots sharing their own opinions or following the parroted narrative or agenda lines. It's comical and sad even watching local news parrot the EXACT false narrative lines from all the national leftist media outlets. That way they get brainwashing from national, regional, and local news sources.

Last edited:
I don't. There is not much that concerns me and I don't feel my vote counts.
Only thing on the news is depression, anxiety and brainwash.
It there is something thats a big enough deal someone will meantion it and I may check into myself.

Lent of 2022 I made the decision to stop listening to ANY 24 hour news cycle channel. Even cancelled the XM in my truck. All I listen to now is music I choose and podcast.
Start the day off with a men's devotional and go from there.

One of the better things I've ever done.
I will never say my vote does not count, but I can understand why people feel that way.

At the end of the day, my vote is a "light one candle and curse the darkness" kinda thing for me.

KurtR

WKR
From the MHG on here

7d0zuy.jpg

MattB

WKR
See how reliable your news source is here -

View attachment 524415
That is awesome. I’ve always believed that the factualness of news dropped off as you move toward the tails of the bell curve but never saw anything that graphically depicted that phenomenon.

Reuters is my go to, and I usually feel pretty good about AP articles. Both made a string showing in your graph.

SonnyDay

WKR
Tucker Carlson mostly. And American Family Radio.
Tucker? The guy whose own legal team made the argument in a libel case that no reasonable person would believe a single word he says? That's not news in my book. That's infotainment pole-dancing. (they were successful and the case was dismissed, BTW).

As others have said, I try to sample from both sides of the spectrum. If nothing else, it can be quite entertaining to see the differences!

I listen to NPR on the way too and from work mostly to see what they are failing to leave out about the hot topics of the day. They have gone farther left over the past few years but at least I know why some of my more liberal friends are annoying about certain things.

Political podcasts are fun but again you only get one side and I like playing devils advocate about that too.

It's annoying that so many journalists have given up their duty to the truth.

JGTWI

WKR
Classified Approved
I read the WSJ daily and listen to podcasts. I gave up on national news shows a few years back and have been much happier for it. There’s just nothing of value there.

That is awesome. I’ve always believed that the factualness of news dropped off as you move toward the tails of the bell curve but never saw anything that graphically depicted that phenomenon.

Reuters is my go to, and I usually feel pretty good about AP articles. Both made a string showing in your graph.
Found this chart years ago, when I already knew how very different ‘News’ can be, depending on where it comes from. The chart is a great visual, and I find it to be spot on. There’s other charts like it, they look similar.

For me, News is about gathering facts from many sources, to make an informed conclusion. I'm a bit of a news junky.

Some new agencies say they are News, but only give the ½ of the story that echoes what their fans want to hear. It’s intentionally misleading.

Reminds me of the old Paul Harvey “Rest of the Story” report. Only difference is, to the hear the rest of the story, you need to turn the channel.

It wasn’t always like this. There used to be accountability in reporting news, and to enjoy a license to be a news agency. It was called the Fairness Doctrine, it was about truth and fairness in reporting. It was done away with in the late 80’s, the argument was - Free speech. Now, people can say anything, and call it News. So the bottom corner dwellers on the graph were born. Some people get all their news from the those bottom corners, they tend to be angry, misinformed and loyal to those “news’ agencies, who keep reporting what their fans want to hear. Facts have nothing to do with it.

Q child

WKR
Haha. My news intake is not mentally healthy. Literally. My therapist tells me to tune out. Print, radio, and television from many points in the political and ideological spectrum. From corporate and from independent sources. From local, national, and international sources. I respect very few of them.

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The chart is a great visual, and I find it to be spot on.
LOL. Some of those listed are so far left they don't even know what right is. And they're listed near the top.....SMH. NPR has always been LEFT. It doesn't take but listening to one of their stories before you're shaking your head wondering what idiot wrote that story.

Tucker? The guy whose own legal team made the argument in a libel case that no reasonable person would believe a single word he says? That's not news in my book. That's infotainment pole-dancing. (they were successful and the case was dismissed, BTW).

As others have said, I try to sample from both sides of the spectrum. If nothing else, it can be quite entertaining to see the differences!
I didn’t studder when I said it. And, I didn’t misspell it when I typed it either.

Have you ever actually watched him? Or, are you the standard, middle of the road, self proclaimed authority of news legitimacy that dismissed him? I’m willing to bet 99% of the people that insinuate he’s not credible, have never spent one second listening to him. And, you all but confirmed that.

The thing that makes Tucker a reliable source is he gives no party or no candidate a free pass. If they lie, he exposes it. If it’s a bad idea, he says so. And backs it up with facts. Not rhetoric. He’s not right wing, left wing, or interested in being attached to any party. He’s simply a conservative.

I’m so tired of lectures from the middle crowd. The middle aren’t saints. They are fence riding lunatics that fancy their intelligence as supreme. While not possessing enough backbone and character to actually stand firm.

The principles to life and morality are black and white. No where is the middle a better or more educated position.

As example, I have much more respect for an outspoken liberal nut job than a guy who claims to be a fiscal conservative but, has zero issues with social policy that doesn’t lend itself to that conviction.

I don’t need or seek your validation on credible news sources. I don’t associate life as left and right. I categorize it as conservative or liberal. There is no middle ground on social policy in a just and effective society.

Middle ground thinking and acceptance has led to every abuse we see in our government and daily lives. We would have an immigration policy that worked if we didn’t cloud it with the what ifs. We wouldn’t have whole communities living on government assistance if not for the middle. We wouldn’t have federal and state taxes so ridiculous if not for the middle guy. See my point?

You probably don’t and that’s fine. But, I could care less what you think. You lost me when you recited the standard response of the middle man. That’s been fed to you by the liberal disease that’s killing this country.

Last edited:

UncleBone

WKR
I didn’t studder when I said it. And, I didn’t misspell it when I typed it either.

Have you ever actually watched him? Or, are you the standard, middle of the road, self proclaimed authority of news legitimacy that dismissed him? I’m willing to bet 99% of the people that insinuate he’s not credible, have never spent one second listening to him. And, you all but confirmed that.

The thing that makes Tucker a reliable source is he gives no party or no candidate a free pass. If they lie, he exposes it. If it’s a bad idea, he says so. And backs it up with facts. Not rhetoric. He’s not right wing, left wing, or interested in being attached to any party. He’s simply a conservative.

I’m so tired of lectures from the middle crowd. The middle aren’t saints. They are fence riding lunatics that fancy their intelligence as supreme. While not possessing enough backbone and character to actually stand firm.

The principles to life and morality are black and white. No where is the middle a better or more educated position.

As example, I have much more respect for an outspoken liberal nut job than a guy who claims to be a fiscal conservative but, has zero issues with social policy that doesn’t lend itself to that conviction.

I don’t need or seek your validation on credible news sources. I don’t associate life as left and right. I categorize it as conservative or liberal. There is no middle ground on social policy in a just and effective society.

Middle ground thinking and acceptance has led to every abuse we see in our government and daily lives. We would have an immigration policy that worked if we didn’t cloud it with the what ifs. We wouldn’t have whole communities living on government assistance if not for the middle. We wouldn’t have federal and state taxes so ridiculous if not for the middle guy. See my point?

You probably don’t and that’s fine. But, I could care less what you think. You lost me when you recited the standard response of the middle man. That’s been fed to you by the liberal disease that’s killing this country.
Tucker is the man. The fact that he is constantly calling out GOP leadership for their nonsense is awesome. Not to mention he has Tulsi Gabbard host the show from time to time when he is gone. Plus hes an avid fisherman, and definitely spends more time outdoors than anyone on NPR or CNN.

Tucker is the man. The fact that he is constantly calling out GOP leadership for their nonsense is awesome. Not to mention he has Tulsi Gabbard host the show from time to time when he is gone. Plus hes an avid fisherman, and definitely spends more time outdoors than anyone on NPR or CNN.
Yep. He has no sides. But, since he’s on Fox, liberal America thinks he’s biased. Because biased news said so. The truth is, both republicans and democrats are terrified of him. He knows no allegiance to anything except the topic at hand.

The “middle” really are special.

UncleBone

WKR
Yep. He has no sides. But, since he’s on Fox, liberal America thinks he’s biased. Because biased news said so. The truth is, both republicans and democrats are terrified of him. He knows no allegiance to anything except the topic at hand.

The “middle” really are special.
In my opinion his main stance is pro American.

Extrapale

WKR
I get a daily email called 1440 Digest, and couple from WSJ coving politics and money.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.