Where do you get your daily News?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local news primarily then scan national headlines quick to make sure I didn't miss some world-altering event.

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
I’ll check in on Scripps News for a bit. It’s a little left leaning but I can see stuff there other news outlets don’t have.

Other than that, a little Fox News, Newsmax and of course local news.

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Mostly just the weather on local news. The actual news is always the same here......another motorcyclist dying in an accident, more pedestrians dying by getting hit crossing major streets while jaywalking or running, stabbings, shootings, and car accidents. So I turn it on at the time weather starts, then change the channel. My wife will fill me in on all the other idiocies going on in our country as I try to ignore most of it. She follows it all.

wingmaster

Lil-Rokslider
I read several newspapers each morning, including Wall Street Journal, New York Times, local paper, and others. Nothing else for the rest of the day.

No TV or internet news for me, I consider it an endless rabbit hole. I configured my internet browser so I don't get unwanted news popping up in my face.

Local news on the way to work, gives me local weather and hits the high points. Fox and a few local talking heads when I get to the office. Unbelievably, we still have a local newspaper that stays right of center.

JD Jones

WKR
No news or the standard social media platforms on purpose but inevitable that some “news” leaks its way into my life. Been avoiding for 5+ yrs.

BarCO

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Have clients that run from both extremes and everything in between, so I read from fringe to fringe each day.

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
Local news on the way to work, gives me local weather and hits the high points. Fox and a few local talking heads when I get to the office. Unbelievably, we still have a local newspaper that stays right of center.

I sure hope you’re not referring to the Denver Post

hunterjmj

WKR
Quit talk radio, major news and social media about a year ago. Life's way better without all that crap. I listen to the radio on the way to work to hear what's going on. RS is the only media I take in other than a little radio in the morning. I do subscribe to Fine Homebuilding magazine and read that once a month!

ODB

WKR
NPR, a selection of talk radio, the Times Of London, local news etc. All of it with a grain of salt. If I hear of something interesting or controversial, etc, I quite often do side research to see if I can get closer to the truth.

I enjoy studying social movements and patterns, and behaviours to find out what motivated people, or where the ideas came from. For example, I heard they Matt Walsh found out that people were planning on protesting a speech of his by sitting in the audience and just laughing. Sounds like a strange idea. Until you realize you have hears something like it before from Saul Alinsky where he suggested people make protests in theaters by farting. None of it is illegal, but annoying. But when you see a connection like that, it tells you where the ideas are coming from.

By the way, Bernie Sanders supporters said they’d do the same thing back in. 2016.

This stuff I find far more interesting than daily news.

Status
Not open for further replies.