When you find a game camera in public land

bpurtz

WKR
I peed on a scrape once. Looked up saw the camera. Felt pretty dumb but walked off. A month later maybe I was at the parking lot of the same section and was approached by a DNR gentlemen. Who chatted me up and then pulled out a laptop. Same hat, same dog. Yep thats me.
He wouldn't give any info but I gathered it was sent in along with a complaint I was trying to ruin someone's deer hunting. We exchanged some words. He actually asked if I was trying to show off. I laughed at that. He ended with well be more careful and I said that I would certainly be more careful while peeing in the woods.
I actually considered removing the card so somebody didn't review the pics with their kids or somthing but Ultimately decided to leave it be since it wasn't mine.

I think id do the same again.

You might have done the trail cam owner a favor...

williaada

WKR
I leave them alone for the most. One time I checked to see if the batteries were good and an SD card was in my there. Afterwards I just go on my way.

jpmulk

WKR
If I look up and see I’m already on camera, I typically smile and wave.

This year, I was crawling on my hands and knees to avoid being spotted by a few deer that I was trying to make a move on. I looked up and saw a camera pointed at me. Awkward.

I wouldn’t mess with someone else’s property, but I honestly hate trail cams. I’m in the crowd where I wouldn’t cry a tear if they were outlawed. Something about looking up and seeing a camera always frustrates me.