When you find a game camera in public land

boonez40

Lil-Rokslider
I never go any closer than 10 feet to a camera because the guy or girl that owns might be as sadistic as myself. I like to plant half inch plywood with 16 penny nails drove through it around my game camera. I hope the next guy that steals one of my cameras enjoys his limp out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Greenbelt

Lil-Rokslider
Why is this even a question? This is why our world is in such disarray. The fact this is Even a convo when you know what the right answer is is a problem.

enbhunts

FNG
Found a trail cam on a tripod laying over on its side next to a well used wallow one time while elk scouting.

I picked up the tripod and made it stable, then left it alone.

CobraChicken

Lil-Rokslider
Bear boxes and python locks have been a huge investment for me. Had ballsy folks run up in my bear bait and try and take the camera. If a bear can't take it, I doubt captain dbag can either

Found one of my buddies cameras tonight while out on a hike, couldn't resist spicing up his next card pull.

Attachments

• WLD_0245.JPG
    WLD_0245.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 29
  • WLD_0365.JPG
    WLD_0365.JPG
    216.4 KB · Views: 30

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
It isn't yours leave your F*$king hands off it. All answers other than "A" are wrong.
Sorry, have to laugh because you are basically saying the land within view of the camera belongs to the person who set up the camera. B involves no touching, simply walking on public land.

Me and my brother ran into a strung up deer quarter while fly fishing. I took these pictures and almost thought about calling the F&G but I had no reason to think the deer was poached other then it was dead. I also think the trail camera was the messaging kind since it was about where you lost service, but I still had some. And the brown thing above the feeder said iirc Portland Zoo or some other zoo, which makes me think it was a scientific study. I just wanna know what predators your gonna get on that cam
right off the road in Utah.
View attachment 513108
View attachment 513111View attachment 513110

Honestly one of the strangest things I've ever seen in the woods, and I really wonder what was going on, if any of you guys have theories. But yeah I just let the camera be
Maybe a field biologist trying to get pics of local Mountain Lions for a study or something like that?

Mtns2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Should always be A but I truly hope there is an old well or mine around for someone that messes with someone else's property.

Seriously, I cannot understand someone stealing just because it is on public property. I have had multiple items picked up and taken: even a milk crate once that I had been using for a seat.

Walk in front of them intentionally every time i see one. Once i know it’s there i’ll make sure i swing in front of it going in and coming out every time i’m at that piece of public

If you run cams and don’t like getting multiple pics of me get your trash the F out of the woods.

jse5019

FNG
A is the preferred answer but B is also reasonable - just don’t touch it if it isn’t yours. I’ve had cameras stolen on my own land, trespassers have also walked in front of my cameras on my land, and I had a small game hunter shoot a camera with a shotgun on public.

I leave them alone and to keep mine from being messed with, i always hang them 9-10' up. I've always got a climbing stick on my pack when I'm hanging cams on public in Georgia. Knock on wood, havent had any messed with since i started doing that and I've had several pictures of oblivious hunters coming through.