What’s your nemesis?

ShakeDown

WKR
Good question to contemplate. I can't say that one particular species of animal has eluded me but what has given me fits is the SUN!
I can't handle endless sun without shade. This goes for everyday life too, I am a creature of the shade and do not handle direct sun well. Heat is doable if I can stay in the shadow.

Better be careful out by Deming!

NateK

Lil-Rokslider
My %#&$@!! Knees. Had surgery on the right one in 2010 and need surgery on the left one now.
And I’m only 26.
And I didn’t play competitive sports.

Doesn’t keep me out of the mountains but it definitely makes me be much more cautious on the routes I take!

eamyrick

WKR
Permit on a fly rod. Hell...tarpon on a fly rod. Had a solid eat and 30 minute fight with both on a solo trip to Belize 3 years ago and lost both when leadering the fish. Definetly a love/hate with both of them. Not sure I’ll go back.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
The cold. Cant stand it. Makes my multiple smashed fingers feel like they are on fire. So naturally I chose to chase waterfowl and only like to go when its cold and windy and raining...... Thank God for zippo handwarmers.

Dehydration. I just cant seem to drink enough most days. Even at 128 ounces / 12 hrs in Texas in the summer i get dehydrated. Some times I get so sick of drinking gallons of water.

sram9102

WKR
Being patient enough to kill a big whitetail. My release/trigger finger gets twitchy when I get deer around. I just see meat in the freezer and more time to hunt ducks once I have a few deer on the ground.

jspradley

WKR
Pooping outside!

I suck at it. I hate doing. Had tons of practice and still suck at it. I don’t want to do it so I wait as long as I can. Get all sweaty. Can’t get my pants wide enough to squat right, so I have to take a boot off and pull one pant leg off, or else take my pants off entirely.

I happily endure most of the discomforts that come with the outdoors and even enjoy many of them. But I hate pooping outside.

Dang man I feel for you... that's one of my favorite parts of being outdoors! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Cng
WOLVES, but I haven't give up on the "rug" yet. I will keep trying. I just wish they wern't so far away where I could get more than 1 two week shot a year.

Last edited:

CJF

WKR
My wife.

Her schedule and mine of when I should be in the woods never really match up!

16Bore

WKR
Turkeys!!

Hunted all morning at our farm once...heard some gobbles, never connected.

Unloaded my shotgun and headed back across about a 15 acre field to the house.

There was a f-n turkey standing in driveway, not 10’ from my truck.

You can’t make that schit up.....

Azone

WKR
Rattlesnakes! I absolutely positively never ever want to run into one again. The place I deer hunt is loaded with the damn things and they're always mad as hell when I come across them. I've had more pissed off snake striking at you encounters then I care to count. I know it probably wouldn't be good for the eco system, but if they all died right now I would have the brightest smile.