What’s your nemesis?

robtattoo

WKR
Javelina. I spent 7 years worth of 5 day hunts in south & west TX trying to connect with one & just never managed to put it together with my recurves.

H2PVon

Lil-Rokslider
Turkeys here too. I'm just getting into it so I haven't made every mistake in the book yet, but I'm on record pace.

tgus59

Lil-Rokslider
Myself. Whatever I think I should do while hunting, I should do the opposite instead. Hindsight is 20/20, and I guess that's what makes hunting so fun if/when you finally have some success.

TheCougar

WKR
Getting good tags/hunts, whether it’s in a draw or trying to get an air transporter for a moose hunt in AK. The hunting is the easy part.

TheCougar

WKR
Javelina. I spent 7 years worth of 5 day hunts in south & west TX trying to connect with one & just never managed to put it together with my recurves.

Really? Dang... if you ever want to try again, let me know. I’ve got a mess of points for AZ Javelina and I’ve got a few areas.

Wind!!!!!!!! I hate windy days I can't hear sh!t on a calm day now put 30 mph winds I should just stay home. And when elk are close it's going to swirl. Stupid wind.

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
Turkey (killed my first one this year, only took me 40 + years), and eastern coyote despite having a thermal scope, foxpro, hand calls, etc. the whole 9 yards i still haven't killed one. I did miss one on a pig hunt this year.

Also trying to hunt mature whitetails only,on public land most of the time, in an area not known for mature whitetails. I find myself getting frustrated at times, when you go for weeks without seeing something mature and end up towards the end of the season shooting a scrub just for meat. I have found just going and not thinking so much about big bucks and just having fun is more suitable.

isu22andy

WKR
I find it crazy some of you guys on here can live out of a backpack for a week in a glorified tarp drink water from a stream and pack an animal 4 miles out but cant kill a turkey haha. They have their days . Many of times set up on them just to watch them strut away 70 yards out.

Mine is a mature whitetail . 130-140 inches is what they cap out around here it seems .

Btaylor

WKR
A mature whitetail on public ground around here can be as hard to find as an elk that the wind doesnt blow straight too.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Mountain Lion. I have spent over 30 days chasing them in SW Montana. I shudder to think how many thousand miles I have racked up between trucks, snowmobiles, and hiking after those buggers.

Sniff

Lil-Rokslider
Elk, Pronghorn, Deer...Before any of those its finding animals and just getting opportunities. Going on year 2 as a bow hunter.....