What’s your nemesis?

NDGuy

WKR
Drawing an Fing tag.

I have draw 2 tags the last 8 years in ND (for whitetail!)

Last year I had a 90% to draw my tag and came up short.

Then this year I missed out on not only the LE archery elk permit, I missed out on the big game combo license totally in MT.

Really hard to have a hunting nemesis when you can't go hunting lol

Wapiti1

WKR
Distance and time are my two most frustrating opponents in general. In the midwest, it would be access. Tough to hunt if there isn't a place to do so. In response, I fish a lot here.

Jeremy

Mine is Merriam turkey here in Colorado. This is my 7th year trying to kill my first one lol

Last edited:
Mountain goats were my nemesis for several years, but now just getting older, and trying to stay in well enough shape to continue to effectively mountain hunt, seems to be my biggest nemesis. Oh, and like AK Shane, that elusive 30” rainbow. I’ve caught a few that were an honest 29”, but just can’t seem to be able to put hands on the 30”er.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Mountain goats were my nemesis for several years, but now just getting older, and trying to stay in well enough shape to continue to effectively mountain hunt, seems to be my biggest nemesis. Oh, and like AK Shane, that elusive 30” rainbow. I’ve caught a few that were an honest 29”, but just can’t seem to be able to put hands on the 30”er.

I got an honest 30” rainbow in naknek about 3 weeks after I moved to AK years back. Went with a guide last minute and only had about 2 hours to actually fish.

Gulfgoose

FNG
Javelina. I spent 7 years worth of 5 day hunts in south & west TX trying to connect with one & just never managed to put it together with my recurves.
Dude you must not be in the right ranches then.... We've walked up to them and popped with pistols at 10 yards many times. Find you a place with oilfield traffic and you can drive up to 75 yards and walk up to them if they have corn.

robtattoo

WKR
Dude you must not be in the right ranches then.... We've walked up to them and popped with pistols at 10 yards many times. Find you a place with oilfield traffic and you can drive up to 75 yards and walk up to them if they have corn.
Oh it's not that I can find 'em, I just keep missing the little bastards! :D

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Gulfgoose

FNG
Turkeys were my nemesis forever. They screwed me over every which way they could come up with, fences, houses, flying over water, coming in around the tree. Finally got my revenge Saturday morning. Hopefully that luck carries over to elk season.

I got an honest 30” rainbow in naknek about 3 weeks after I moved to AK years back. Went with a guide last minute and only had about 2 hours to actually fish.

Sweet! There are a lot of 30”+ bows in that system, but they’ve eluded me there as well.
2aaea51234e23e1e569096b845f5b9aa.jpg

Musk Ox. My luck at drawing tags in nonexistent so I have been trying to get it done on a registration hunt. Two years in a row Nelson Island plans had fallen apart. I had to cancel three years ago because I got extremely sick and last year my local contact had a family emergency come up when we were planning on going and could never find a time to reschedule. After they cut the tags on Nelson this year, my buddy had it all lined up with a local friend to hunt cows on Nunivak. When my buddy went in for shoulder surgery in January they decided to redo everything and then told him no flying or snowmachines for 3 months. Maybe next year I guess.

I'll edit to add my work schedule as well. They cracked down on non-paid leave after last year so....bye.

Last edited:

WoolyBugger

Lil-Rokslider
Turkey.. I try and resist buying a tag every year out of boredom because I know i'm not going to kill one. So far so good this year but that might be attributed to my new job giving me no time to hunt in the spring

CorbLand

WKR
Rimfires are legal now. 17 sounds pretty good huh? Lol. My decoy got molested today.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sounds like I need to link up with you. I want to kill one of the bastards but they piss me off so much I will probably give it all three just because. Hahaha

The Wyoming elk draw (4 years running of supposed 100% odds with no tag to my name), trees (you know the ones you don't notice are there till a buck or bull stops behind them), and entire mountains without 1 damn flat spot put a tent!!!

Wolverine

Lil-Rokslider
My nemesis is a ten point whitetail buck. 2 clean nine points then 2 that would have been ten points but each had a point broke flush with the main beam so two more nine points then an 11 point. Score isn't important, I just want a true clean 10 point! Is that too much to ask?