What's the most accurate fixed blade head on the market?

Seems to always turn into broadhead tune and do not worry about it, but some broadheads will emphasize a mistake in form or tune much greater than others.

Exactly. Try this sometimes......after you've gotten your setup where you want it with BH's, intentionally induce grip torque one way and the other and see where they hit in relation to the bullseye. You can also induce more heel of your hand or less heel on the grip as well and see the differences. Then change to another type of BH and see how the influences affect that one. Kind of like creep tuning......it does make a difference on accuracy, but every type of BH will react differently. I'm sure there is an answer to the most accurate given all these variables, but it would take a lot of work to narrow it down definitively. After all the shooting I've done with BH's, I'm still picking the Wac'ems as far as my testing goes.

Tried Muzzys, Shuttle T's, and Wac Ems last year and the Wac Ems worked best for me. Still not done testing though, gonna throw some solids on this year as well as some vented VPA's and see if they can out do the Wac Ems.

I am one of the few who do not have broadhead A.D.H.D. I started shooting Wac ems' before they were on store shelves, and have had no reason to switch it up yet. I know lots of guys like to tinker and try all the new heads, that bug just has never hit me. When Scott started having problems over @ Wac em' and production and sales stopped, I panicked and bought over 15 packs and 20 packs of replaceable blades. I was so happy when I got a hold of Sharon, (new Ceo of Wac em') and she told me that Wac em's were gonna be back on shelves soon and productions would be normal again. Great company, with a great product. Lots of good heads out there that are forgiving for us "lazy" guys who might have a lapse in form while hunting.

Aron- Did you start this thread to get people's opinions or are you going to do a video test of the more popular choices? What head are you currently shooting?

Last edited:
In general - the straightest, shortest, smallest diameter head will fly the best. How can it not? If any of those attributes are changed, well then stuff gets harder to get to fly. As bows get faster it's going to get harder and harder to get fixed blades to fly - heck, even mechanicals don't hit the same. Problem with mechanicals is that they are generally pretty long. So if they are not straight it really shows up AND your arrow acts longer (weaker) because of it. Probably a better idea to shoot a heavier arrow the same speed as you have the last 10 years and enjoy the extra whack from the speedier bow.

Anyone who claims to shoot fixed blade broadheads the same as field tips at 100 yards is probably not telling the truth. The extra drag at that distance even with the smallest of heads will show up......and if your group size is 18"x18" then how the heck can you even tell...?

Slick trick 100gr standards for me. They fly close to field points for the most part...but I sight my bow in with broad heads and just deal with my field points being a little off at super long distances...

SlickTrick Standards for me. Never had the "Broadhead bug" though so I never did much testing, although I always read threads like this.

Used 125 Snuffer SS heads for several years now. Gave 125 VPAs a shot this year and they didn't fly as good for me.

God Bless.

QAD exodus, TT shuttle t and VPA 3 blade in that order.

Qads in my opinion are the best heads on the market. I really like VPA's as well.

I got my bow tuned as good as I possibly could, and then shot a TON of broadheads and chose what grouped the best. Those 3 were the best, qads group was noticeably better, although the VPA were non vented an did very well, I think the vented would do better. I do beleive there is not a more consistent or well built head then VPA I've gotten probably upward of a dozen and every single one spins true, that cannot be said for any other head in my experience.

Speed of your bow and spine I also feel play a large roll. It's much more difficult to steer fixed heads when your up in the 300+ FPS range. I've seen a heavier FOC 14-16% also play a role in better tracking of the arrow.

Last edited:
Some of the top bowhunters/shooters use a Hooter Shooter to determine the most accurate BH design, and that is the right way to go about it IMO. It removes the influence of the shooter from the equation. Winter hit on the predictive design features above (and I will add blade surface area to that list). Some BH's have design characteristics that make them less prone to planing - but there is generally some trade-off on effectiveness on game.

side note - Magnus stinger broadheads are kind of an anomaly. They are long with lots of blade surface - not a huge cut, but lots of blade surface. They are so stinkin straight though and I think that goes a long way. Great head - easy to sharpen, affordable, warrantee'd for ever.

Everything has trade offs like MattB said. We can probably get a 7/8 inch tiny head to fly great at 80 yards, but that little head isn't going to cut much - probably about the same as a mechanical that doesn't open. Something to think about. That's why mechanicals are so attractive to a lot of guys.

Aaron, any way you could/would toss in a single blade or two for the test. VPA, Helix, Anarchy, etc?

They seem to be the new in thing now. I bought some Helix's recently to try but haven't shot them yet. I was pretty skeptical but after a few pm's on AT to a few guys that can shoot I bought some. I always assumed that the large, single, non vented blade would plane pretty badly from a fast bow. From what I've heard I assumed wrong. While they may not plane I would have to think this style of head is going to be far more critical of form errors than the compact type heads.

Solids fly great for me out to 80 yards. Took a hog at 65 this past fall. Was awesome to watch that arrow sail and hit right where I had wanted it to. I don't know about how durable they'll prove to be. Helix also fly very well, but the Solid is just a bit better at >50 yards. Also just bought some GK's and am looking forward to taking those to the range soon.

Back