What's the most accurate fixed blade head on the market?

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We've been testing a bunch of different heads the last couple years, but we haven't gotten to all of them yet and was curious what you guys think?

So what's the most accurate fixed head on the market today?

dotman

WKR
Can't say but the most accurate I have used is the shuttle T's. Would get pretty expensive to test all of them :)

BSeals71

WKR
Don't' know what is the "most accurate", but have had great flight out of these:

G5 Montec
Wac'em Triton
Shuttle T
Exodus Swept
Solid
Helix

IMO, the Razortrick by Slicktrick would be my #1. I actually only tried them because I called Slictrick one day several years ago for a question and the owner told me they were his most accurate head. I am sure you have thought of the ST but perhaps not the RTs. I personally hunt with the German KineticXL and the ST with great accuracy but I do not know how the GK would stack up as the "most accurate"

I have never used them but I hear the Ramcat and the heart craft are very accurate. If I am not mistaken, the owner Aerovane had a hand in the design.

I am sure with the question, we are throwing out the "bow tuning" "proper spine"and "form" factors of this.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
IMO, the Razortrick by Slicktrick would be my #1. I actually only tried them because I called Slictrick one day several years ago for a question and the owner told me they were his most accurate head. I am sure you have thought of the ST but perhaps not the RTs. I personally hunt with the German KineticXL and the ST with great accuracy but I do not know how the GK would stack up as the "most accurate"

I have never used them but I hear the Ramcat and the heart craft are very accurate. If I am not mistaken, the owner Aerovane had a hand in the design.

I am sure with the question, we are throwing out the "bow tuning" "proper spine"and "form" factors of this.

Jeff martin

Give me a call 720-937-1418

Wanna pick your brain

velvetfvr

WKR
A bow that is properly tuned, meaning bare shafts the same as fletched at 20+ yards as end result, should send almost any broadhead on an arrow where you aim.

Tune and proper form Are as important as "which head is most accurate"

charvey9

WKR
Thats hard to say, and probably affected a lot by individual setup and tuning. I've had good luck with G5 Montec and Muzzy Trocar.

Magnus stingers and slicktrick mags fly very well for me usually.

I want to try the helix and hartcraft heads this year also.

forkhorn

FNG
Ditto "velvetfvr"

However, it would make sense that the less surface area a head has, the more you can get away with in terms of slightly out of tune. It also follows that less surface area would reduce wind planing, which would affect accuracy.

weaver

WKR
Havent tryed them all but i quite searching after trying slick trick standards. For me they group as well as field tips at 80yds. I think short ferrule designs are inherently more accurate than longer designs.

ridgefire

WKR
I have shot st magnums and magnus snuffer ss and have had great success with the snuffers. Fly like my fieldtips and awesome penetration.

Lukem

WKR
I'll say that the most "precise" (closest to the same spot every time) fixed blade I've used has been a GrizzTrick. I've shot Montecs, Stingers and a couple others over the last 10 years and none have been as repeatable as the Griz. The others all seem to have fliers.

black525

WKR
I've had my best results with shuttle t's, they group with my field points at any range and are quiet in flight.
A close second has been the deep six slick trick head. I was very impressed with the way they grouped.
I'm not sure if you're considering Ramcat a true fixed blade due to their design but they have been deadly accurate for me also.
I'm really looking forward to trying the new A-Tac from trophy taker, it looks like it will be a very accurate and very strong.

Manosteel

WKR
Been using TT Terminal T's the last few years as they have been the most accurate and dependable head I have shoot. However, I have been testing the Wac'em Triton with excellent results, group my FP Terminal T's and Wac'em in nice tight groups out to 50 yards. To cold and to much snow to head out to where I can really stretch out the distance but the Wacem fly fantastic so far.