What's something you wish you would have learned sooner in life

"Deeds, not words" and what is  truly important in life: family, close friends, not worrying what other people think, just be your good old self and be a good person. Life is crazy hard enough alone, everyone else can use a little hand no matter how small.

jimh406

WKR
Don’t buy a new car or new boat or other expensive toy. There are plenty of great unwrecked one owner cars with full maintenance records traded in all of the time

Diversify your investments. Sure, you might not make quite as much when a particular one is doing great, but the amount you risk is much less.

Understand Keto to keep my metabolism high and lower my weight to an ideal weight sooner. I feel I would have had more fun with different activities if I had been living at a lighter weight the past decades.

Spend more time thinking before creating long term relationships of friends and partners/spouses. It’s easy to fall into an uneven relationship when the relationships will never be close to 50/50, but still hard to end long term ones.

It’s been said. But don’t waste your money on frivolous stuff when you are young. Invest as much you can. Spend money on quality experiences.

Yoder

WKR
How important religion is.
Thinking more about others.
There's no such thing as a "good person". We're all sinners.
What a terrible impact alcohol would have on my life. Usually just 3-4 beers a night to "relax" is all it took to ruin relationships and contribute to me acting like an ass.

Bachto

WKR
That's a really good one!

Save and invest your money. You don't need $80k trucks and $100k boats and RV's to impress people that don't care anyways. I would be retired right now (34 years old) if I started my exact same investment path at 19 years old. Instead I started it when I was 29 hahaha. Oh well, better late than never. Money, and less financial stress does buy you emotional and physical freedom, and lots of it.
This is basically what I came to say.

I live a debt free life besides my house and having no payments is the best feeling.

Don't be caught up in others success and compare it to your own. Everyone's comes at some point, sooner or later.

huntnful

WKR
This is basically what I came to say.

I live a debt free life besides my house and having no payments is the best feeling.
My house is also my only payment. I almost paid it off 4 years ago. But actually made a post on here asking for advice. Long story short, I refinanced to a 15 year at 2.25% and that chunk of money I was going to use, has grown quite a bit in the market since then.

FNG
I have learned that everything you do, or for that matter don’t do, matters. Every decision, little or big. I have wasted so much time on unproductive pursuits. Live and learn.

Erebor

Lil-Rokslider
I have learned that everything you do, or for that matter don’t do, matters. Every decision, little or big. I have wasted so much time on unproductive pursuits. Live and learn.
Nothing is not a big deal, Everything you decide to do or follow matters.
especially the company you keep. I wish i had better friends.