What’s on everyone’s 2020 gear list?

I might have just bought a house so I'll likely spend very little money on hunting until I feel comfortable about spending money again.

If I do get the urge, I'd like a Great Northern sidekick quiver, and also a Toelke Pika or Whip - takedown model.

Besides that, I don't want for much in terms of hunting gear and I just want to keep hunting as much as I can.

Last edited:

EJMK

FNG
Hatch Out West Bipod and I need new waders. I’m booked for a caribou hunt in September and trying to decide if G3’s are worth the spend over the freestone waders.

DavePwns

WKR
Going to try a kifaru pack, need a bit more support in the hips for heavy pack outs and training. I just wish their bags weren't so dang heavy. Looks like the muskeg 5000 is the best bag for the weight so I'll try that this year

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
this is the first year I can say that I don't really have anything on my list; possibly new boots, but I think I can go another year w/ this pair

of course easy to say now, 6 months from now hard telling if something shiny doesn't catch my eye :cool:

Poser

WKR
Mountain Laurel Designs “FKT” bivy sack.

Cuben fiber tarp of some type, preferably one that I can use with an upside down bike when there are no trees available.

Maybe:

Spotting scope for longer range scouting (4 miles or so).

ljalberta

WKR
Mostly doing a gear purge and cleaning out a bunch of room this year, but there will be a few additions.

- Pair of 8x30s
- New boots (Likely will give Crispi Nevada or Colorado's a go after having some failures with Scarpa and Kenetrek).
- New gaiters (destroyed my old ones).

Maybe:
- WM Alpinlite or Versalite
- New Puffy

Mudflap621

Lil-Rokslider
Im trying to decide between the Kifary Stryker or Exo 1800 pack and also want to try some First Lite gear. Im sure ill "need" something else along the way

coyyota

WKR
Classified Approved
I guess we will have to wait for the shows before a lot of new stuff is officially announced. ATA, SHOT, etc...

What’s on my list? Glad you asked.

A truck outfitted for camping.

I have the truck on order. 2020 Ford F-250 in the Tremor package with the new 7.3L gas Godzilla engine. Adding ARE overland topper and currently looking at bed/sleeping options within the bed of the truck. When it’s warm I’ll sleep in a hammock. Cooler weather then I want to sleep in the bed of the truck.

Do any of you have ideas around the best way/item for the truck bed? I’ve seen the inflatable air beds that are fit to the size of your bed. I can always sleep on my air rail but looking at more comfy options for 2 people.

Is there anything else you’d suggest for a truck camping set up?

Anyone have experience with the ARE overland topper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Decked in-bed storage