Decked System Fit with Truck Cap and Yeti 210?

jonesn3

Lil-Rokslider
I've been debating a DECKED system for awhile. Wondering if a YETI 210 will fit into a truck bed with Decked drawers and a truck cap? I've reached out to customer service teams and I can't seem to find anybody that has proven this setup will fit.

The purpose to help make out-of-state archery elk hunting a bit more efficient this next season. The last few seasons I've gotten tired of unloading gear bins so I could sleep in the back of the truck. The drawers, at least in theory, seem like they would help solve this problem. On paper the measured dimensions seem like it would work...but I am hoping somebody here has first hand experience.
  • Truck: 2018 F150 6.5 ft with Century Ultra Sport topper
    • 36.5" clearance from bed corrugations to top edge of cap door
    • 43" clearance from bed corrugation to ceiling of topper
    • 3.5" clearance from end of truck bed to start of drawers (from manufacturer)
  • Yeti 210: 24" height
  • DECKED: 12" height
So you can see by the numbers, I only have about 1/2 inch of clearance. Too close for comfort without know for sure if it'll work. I might mock up a model to feel more comfortable about the setup. If anybody has experience with this setup, thoughts, suggestions on something better, I would be more than willing to hear! Thanks

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I can't answer your question since I have a different canopy and cooler but I can tell you that I'm a huge fan of the Decked system under a canopy with opening side windows. It's my favorite hunting setup I've ever had.

I will say, though, that it should slide in since the drawers sit inside a few inches, as mentioned.

OP
J

jonesn3

Lil-Rokslider
This might be a short thread…just blocked it out with dimension lumber and pallet. Looks like it’ll fit with the mentioned 1/2” clearance at the opening. Looking good!

Attachments

• 3D09C959-7516-43CF-A1B2-7B754CE0D0C1.jpeg
    3D09C959-7516-43CF-A1B2-7B754CE0D0C1.jpeg
    336.7 KB · Views: 55
OP
J

jonesn3

Lil-Rokslider
Good point. Lifting it in general with any amount of weight inside is a chore

ODB

WKR
I can't answer your question since I have a different canopy and cooler but I can tell you that I'm a huge fan of the Decked system under a canopy with opening side windows. It's my favorite hunting setup I've ever had.

I will say, though, that it should slide in since the drawers sit inside a few inches, as mentioned.

Did you spray your bed before installing the Decked?

Lytro

WKR
Have you thought about making your own deck for the bed of your truck? I considered a Decked system last year, but the reviews are far from stellar for the prices they charge. I also had the same concerns with my larger cooler fitting. I built a deck with just enough clearance to use 2 ice sleds underneath for storage that easily slide out to get to my gear, and the entire project cost me about $80.

wyogoat

WKR
Have you thought about making your own deck for the bed of your truck? I considered a Decked system last year, but the reviews are far from stellar for the prices they charge. I also had the same concerns with my larger cooler fitting. I built a deck with just enough clearance to use 2 ice sleds underneath for storage that easily slide out to get to my gear, and the entire project cost me about $80.
This is definitely something to consider. As a Decked owner, I can say that it isn’t a life changing addition to the truck.
Aspects are handy but building one to your own dimensions may get you the storage you want and the clearance you’re looking for.

bozeman

WKR
Build your own for 1/2 the truck bed to sleep on with your stuff in the drawer. Put cooler in other half of truck bed. That 1/2” clearance is too close for me and limits options/maneuverability. Just my .02

I sleep in my truck topper every year, small blow up bed with a foam top, sleep like a baby! I put all coolers, gear, stuff and pack and such on the driver side of the bed and sleep on the passenger side of the truck bed.

Thoughts on getting the 210 back into the truck loaded with meat?
I load up all big coolers with meat already in the back of the truck, the not being able to open it in the bed would be a deal breaker for me. I'm usually hunting alone though so no way I am moving a packed 140q+ solo. A 210 with a bull and ice would be a tall task for even two guys, especially lifting it higher to clear the deck system. Something to consider.

Dos XX

WKR
My one dislike about my Decked system is lifting stuff the extra 13" to get it in the truck, particularly ice chests. That said, it isn't enough to get me off of using them.

Lift it on to the tailgate, lift one end onto the decked, push it in. Might not work with the size cooler you are talking about, but I don't have a cooler that large.