What vanes do you all use?

It’s annoying but I really think they stay on better/ used max bond and different vanes before, a little extra effort and I’ve never had a max stealth come loose even with pass throughs on tough foam, etc

I shoot through field targets with Flex Fletch vanes held on with super glue. Vanes stay on, ain't looking for more than that. Especially when a vane gets shot and needs to be replaced, still able to scrape it off and replace.

The AAE system works well for adhesion, but it sucks replacing fletching.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
It’s annoying but I really think they stay on better/ used max bond and different vanes before, a little extra effort and I’ve never had a max stealth come loose even with pass throughs on tough foam, etc
I love Max Bond, and have never used any primer on any of my vanes with it. Ya, they stay on good, I pass through targets all the time. That's one of my requirements, because of that. And no vanes that curl or wrinkle from passing through stuff as well.

OctoberGold

Lil-Rokslider
I go between Flex Fletch ffp-360s in a 3 fletch configuration and ffp-300s in 4 fletch. Both of these options were significantly more quiet than blazers, max stealth, or silent knight. Plus the flo orange is so bright it almost glows.

2Stamp

Lil-Rokslider
This year I'm using the 2.75 TAC drivers, 4 fletch. And trad vanes on my recurve arrows.

Yoder

WKR
I just tried some AAE Max hunter and Max Stealth vanes. I used Acetone to clean the shafts and vanes then used their Max bond glue. None of them stuck. I shot them a few times and they all started falling off. One thing I did notice is the Max hunter vanes are really loud. Next I got the prep kit with their custom wipes and primer pen. I followed the directions exactly and every vane is good. I can't pull them off. You might actually need pliers to get them off.

The Primer pen smells like Acetone. One thing I noticed is they say after priming, you should glue within 30 seconds. I think this is the key. As soon as the "primer" dried (5-10 seconds) I applied glue to the vanes. When I used Acetone, I cleaned the vanes and let them sit a few minutes. I need to try Acetone again and glue immediately to test this out. The pen is pretty convenient but I would rather not have to buy it. I'm pretty happy with the stealth vanes in a 4 vanes configuration. Arrows fly great. I need to test them with my broadheads.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I just tried some AAE Max hunter and Max Stealth vanes. I used Acetone to clean the shafts and vanes then used their Max bond glue. None of them stuck. I shot them a few times and they all started falling off. One thing I did notice is the Max hunter vanes are really loud. Next I got the prep kit with their custom wipes and primer pen. I followed the directions exactly and every vane is good. I can't pull them off. You might actually need pliers to get them off.

The Primer pen smells like Acetone. One thing I noticed is they say after priming, you should glue within 30 seconds. I think this is the key. As soon as the "primer" dried (5-10 seconds) I applied glue to the vanes. When I used Acetone, I cleaned the vanes and let them sit a few minutes. I need to try Acetone again and glue immediately to test this out. The pen is pretty convenient but I would rather not have to buy it. I'm pretty happy with the stealth vanes in a 4 vanes configuration. Arrows fly great. I need to test them with my broadheads.

I use the primer pen and gorilla super glue. Never had an issue with them not sticking. I don’t like the inconvenience of the primer pen, so I’m gonna stay with Blazers or Q2i vanes.

trackboss

FNG
For me it's been fobs for over 10 years now. Rarely do I see anyone else using them, but I really like them. For hunting one thing they have over fletchings is that they pop off with a pass through shot and land in the general area of where the animal was shot which is nice to indicate the beginning of a tracking job if it's in an area with lots of cover.

MattB

WKR
I was using AAE Max Hunter then the FF 2" No Prep and now the Q2i Fusion-II which seems to work as well or maybe better than the other 2. The Q2i has a really wide foot which seems to help with adhesion.

Jbxl20

WKR
Q2i fusions for me in a 4 fletch. I’ve also had bad experience with the AAE vanes coming off. I’m sure it’s something on my end, but using the same process on the Q2i I don’t have any issues. Very tough vane.the do well with broadheads, I Practice will 100gr annihilators out to 60 on a regular basis.

Super 91

Lil-Rokslider

I've been building some arrows using the Max Stealth vanes. I scuff the shaft with green scotch-brite pads, then clean with the AAE wipes. I use a AAE primer pen on the base of the vane, then use Starbond Medium CA glue on the vanes. Let them set for 1-2 minutes and you can't rip them off with pliers. Their system works. Yes, it's a pain to have to buy their products, but they do work if used as directed.

ncavi8tor

WKR
AAE Max Stealth and following their instructions. Can't pull them off with pliers! Great products!

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Sarcazmo

FNG
Typically use q2i fusion IIs.

Recently started experimenting with DCA super sabre vanes and have been pretty impressed with them. Not sure if I'll make the switch completely, but they've been just as consistent, super easy to adhere, and perhaps a touch quieter.

TheViking

WKR
Typically use q2i fusion IIs.

Recently started experimenting with DCA super sabre vanes and have been pretty impressed with them. Not sure if I'll make the switch completely, but they've been just as consistent, super easy to adhere, and perhaps a touch quieter.

I really like Q2i Fusions II’s. I also have a pack of the Sabre vanes…haven’t fletched any up yet. Would love to hear more feedback/comparison of these two.