What vanes do you all use?

JStol5

WKR
AAE Max Stealth in a four fletch with a bit of helical. Love this setup. Low profile and fixed heads fly amazing.

benellim2

FNG
Bohning Heat in 4 fletch, left helical. Super tough and look perfect after multiple target pass thru's. Prep vane with AAE pen and use AAE glue. Was shooting max stealths but the extra clearance and less drag at distance with the heat vanes work better for me.

DeePow

FNG
4 fletch, slight right helical with AAE Hybrid 26. A switch I recently made was using the AAE glue from Bohning and it is amazing how much better the AAE applies glue

I have only shot Bohning Blazers in 3 fletch (offset) and Heat in 4 fletch (helical).
It was quite surprising to me how much quieter the Heat are compared to the Blazers; a friend even made a comment about how noisy the Blazers were in comparison.
While I haven't yet shot broadheads with Heat vanes, I think the lower noise is so much more enjoyable in general that I will intentionally seek out quieter vanes (like the Max Stealth) if these don't work out for me with Broadheads.

JasonWi

WKR
AAE max stealth in four fletch LT helical.

I've also shot blazers 3 and 4 fletch configuration and they are very accurate as well.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I have seen a fair amount of that. Seems the material aged, independent of the usual contributing factors.
It's not just age, something else changed with the actual materials used to make these vanes. That changed when they changed their graphics on the vanes from the "Speed Hunter" logo, and they also started making the bases more narrow at that time. I still have arrows that I fletched up almost 15 years ago with the "Speed Hunter" logo like below, and they are still perfectly good. But I also had some bags of the vanes that they changed them into (also pictured below), and those crumbled like Bower's did. Their brand new vanes are now made in China, but have the wider base like before so they hold onto the shaft better.

Attachments

• 150177_ts.jpg
    150177_ts.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 28
  • fd9aa6e7-7d43-4a8a-98e4-ca2c4cf13d17_1.7f633a02e9126232f6eaac43cba443f7.jpeg
    fd9aa6e7-7d43-4a8a-98e4-ca2c4cf13d17_1.7f633a02e9126232f6eaac43cba443f7.jpeg
    15 KB · Views: 27

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
How many ,like me. are just reading this to find validation for what you already use?;)
I would expect most serious archers to do their own testing and find what works best for them. Odds are, some others will come to the same conclusions and use the same components. ;)

JaySalt

FNG
doing some testing on the TAC driver 2.25 in 4 fletch now. I have previously used max stealth and Hybrid 26 in a 4 fletch with good results

Q2i fusion 4 fletch for me. I’ve used blazers and beat vanes as well fusions seems the best so far.

It's not just age, something else changed with the actual materials used to make these vanes. That changed when they changed their graphics on the vanes from the "Speed Hunter" logo, and they also started making the bases more narrow at that time. I still have arrows that I fletched up almost 15 years ago with the "Speed Hunter" logo like below, and they are still perfectly good. But I also had some bags of the vanes that they changed them into (also pictured below), and those crumbled like Bower's did. Their brand new vanes are now made in China, but have the wider base like before so they hold onto the shaft better.

Yeah, I actually found an arrow last night that was fletched with them when they first came out. I played with the fletching, it's still good. Either a bad run, or they made a permanent chain materials, don't know. I haven't seen it with the twister vane.

Venator

Lil-Rokslider
DCA Custom Arrows created Super Sabre’s. Running these on my recent build. Kyle is an engineer and has been working on them for 2 years. He’s also one of the crew in the new dialed sight team. His attention detail and engineering background has my confidence

I didn't like the Twister vanes. They were too flexible.

Didn't say I liked them, just saying that's another NAP vane that I haven't seem the same issue with.

I guess to the original point, I'm not picky. I shoot a lot of Flex Fletch, also using some bohning heat right now, some vanetec, used q2i with good results but they are heavy.

I'm not going to use a vane that I need to buy a primer and special glue. Life's too short for that bs.

JStol5

WKR
I definitely agree with that. I'm a glue and shoot kind of guy.
It’s annoying but I really think they stay on better/ used max bond and different vanes before, a little extra effort and I’ve never had a max stealth come loose even with pass throughs on tough foam, etc