Re fletching arrows

I need to re fletch an arrow entirely. I ripped a vane off the wrap shooting groups tonight and tore the wrap. no biggie except I am out of vanes. I’ve thought about switching things up. On my last dozen shafts built for my new bow, I did four fletch for the first time using q2i fusion xll vanes. They turned out sharp! The arrow I need to redo is from another set for my other bow. They are all 3 fletch q2i raptors. They fly extremely well from this bow so I really don’t have any reason to change them. But I’m thinking if I have to buy new vanes now is the time if I’m going to do it. First I have to decide if I’m sticking with the same vane and configuration and then if the answer is yes I need to decide if I want to go back to the same color or switch colors. I’m really kind of bored with my current color so im seriously considering a new color if I stick with the same vane and configuration.

What I can’t decide is whether to strip my remaining arrows, which all have perfect vanes and shoot great, just to have a set of matched arrows. Seems wasteful but I’m not sure if my ocd can handle arrows with mismatched vanes in the same batch.

Last edited:
OP
fulldraw71
If they are target arrows I wouldn't even bother. 2 vanes will shoot fine with a field point, and you can use this situation to help you work on your OCD.
Yeah that’s a good point. Vanes aren’t too pricy so I won’t be out much. Plus I make my own wraps so that saves a lot too

OP
fulldraw71
I probably started this thread in haste. Typical of me lol. I just got the itch to strip all my arrows down and redo them in a different configuration or color or both but my grandmother in me said what a waste 😀. She grew up during the Great Depression and used to wash and reuse zip loc bags lol. Anyways headed to town today so I’ll think of something

OP
fulldraw71
My OCD wouldn't allow me to waste all that time, effort, and money doing that.
Possibly the money yeah but honestly, I enjoy arrow building especially in the evening. I make my own wraps and I’ve got a bunch on reserve and the vanes cost me 14.99 for 50 so it’s all minuscule I suppose. I’ll tell my grandmother I’m sorry 😂