What to do with the meat foreign hunter in Wyoming, Idaho and Colorado. Need meat cutters and places to donate

tstith

Lil-Rokslider
@Mojave You may have some luck connecting with locals in Newcastle. The Bread Office is in touch with locals who are in need and would likely take game meat, their contact info is below. DM me if you need anything else from that neck of the woods *ahem* prairie.

I am trying to understand why someone would want to fly all the way from Europe to Colorado to shoot a ewe bighorn sheep and then give that meat away. Is that not just killing? I honestly can’t comprehend doing that
I can’t comprehend shooting at something 1,000 yards away when I can use some skill and get closer, but people do it all the time. Not my thing but more power to them.

Big Horn Meat Cutting in Buffalo Wyoming, just south of Sheridan is great for processing. Quick and professional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chanson_roland

Lil-Rokslider
So an Austrian buddy of mine ended up punching above his weight limit, and has the following tags:

Idaho moose bull
Wyoming deer
Wyoming antelope
Colorado deer
Colorado ewe bighorn

He has the Colorado species sorted as he is going to drop them to some family of mine near Cheyenne.

The Idaho moose he has sorted out as well. A friend who lives in Eastern Washington is going to meet him in the unit and take the meat from that one.

The Wyoming deer and antelope we do not have a solution for, they are hunts in NW Wyoming. The only hunters for the hungry outfit I can find is in Jackson. 350 miles from where he is.

Does anyone have a meat cutter near Sheridan or Buffalo they like. I told him to drop it there and then pick it up after he is done moose hunting. Then he can drop it in Cheyenne on his way back to Denver to fly out.

The antelope hunt in NE Wyoming is October 1, 2, 3.

The deer hunt in the bighorns Wyoming is the 15th through the 23rd of October.

He is a freaking deer ninja. He will fill all these tags. He self guided and hiked into the New Zealand backcountry 15 miles and killed half the forest.

People talk about expert hunters, he is one. Never met a finer hunter than this guy. Just incredible.
The last time an Austrian ninja came this side of the Atlantic to hunt...

1719436263969.png

KurtR

WKR
I can go for a hike and camp when ever i want. When i go hunting the purpose is to kill something. Its odd to me people go hunting and killing something isnt on the top of the list. I guess some people just like sunset pictures.

The guy drew the tags hope he has a good time fills all his tags and people are happy to get some meat from him

This thread reeks of jealousy and entitlement. So many righteous guys in here it's awesome to be in your presence. Who Gives AF if this guy is hunting multiple species in 1 year. If he broke out his hunts over 5 years, would that make you guys feel warm inside? FFS, this guy is trying to be responsible and get the meat in the hands of people who will eat it. That in and of it's self is good to see. Pre-hunt planning and not just flying by the seat of his pants.

To the OP, Don't let all these Chads on here turn you sour, you are doing the right thing and so is your buddy. I hope he fills all his tags. Good luck

Wyo_hntr

WKR
I would suggest to people that are applying for a lot of tags, have an idea how they are going to handle logistics before drawing the tag(s).

Last edited:

bmrfish

WKR
Does anyone have a meat cutter near Sheridan or Buffalo they like. I told him to drop it there and then pick it up after he is done moose hunting. Then he can drop it in Cheyenne on his way back to Denver to fly out.

Big Horn Meat Cutting in Buffalo is who we use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waspocrew

Lil-Rokslider
Agreed with others - he drew the tags, so why the fuss The meat will get put to use, not wasted. I would imagine there are several customs issues preventing him from taking meat back to his home country.

grfox92

WKR
Some pretty backwards ways of thinking on this thread. I hope your Austrian bro fills every tag.
e485afec576aa7150e28eae53826a7dd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

This is so weird…like somebody grinding it out on the job site all week then saying, “can anybody do something with this damn paycheck?”

Last edited:
OP
Mojave

Mojave

WKR
So to put some further thoughts out there.

Here in Europe we rarely get he meat on hunts. The meat belongs to the local hunting area. My own personal hunting area is leased from the German Forest Service. I do not own any of the meat from animals I take. Every animal has to be gutted at the forest service office and the meat left there. If I want the heart and liver I can take it. I also get the head. If I want the cape for taxidermy I have to buy the entire carcass.

Driven pheasant hunts here in Europe are the same, it would be uncommon to get the birds as part of the cost of the hunt.

Trophy bird hunts are not normally that way. For a capercaillie or black grouse of course you would get the meat.

Game meat is often available in supermarkets, especially around Christmas. It is also generally always available from butcher shops in the freezer.

So to put some further thoughts out there.

Here in Europe we rarely get he meat on hunts. The meat belongs to the local hunting area. My own personal hunting area is leased from the German Forest Service. I do not own any of the meat from animals I take. Every animal has to be gutted at the forest service office and the meat left there. If I want the heart and liver I can take it. I also get the head. If I want the cape for taxidermy I have to buy the entire carcass.

Driven pheasant hunts here in Europe are the same, it would be uncommon to get the birds as part of the cost of the hunt.

Trophy bird hunts are not normally that way. For a capercaillie or black grouse of course you would get the meat.

Game meat is often available in supermarkets, especially around Christmas. It is also generally always available from butcher shops in the freezer.
Just some more confirmation on why the USA and North American model is superior to Europe in every f*(%ing way imaginable! USA! USA! USA! Thank you forefathers, no one can do what you do!