What to do with the meat foreign hunter in Wyoming, Idaho and Colorado. Need meat cutters and places to donate

OP
Mojave

Mojave

WKR
There are probably more noble donations, but I'd be more than happy to take the meat and butcher it for my family. I've got 4 kiddos and we've nearly eaten an elk, mule deer and 2 pronghorn from last season. Shoot me a PM and we can work out details if he's interested. I'm in Northern Colorado, close to I-25.
PM sent!

It’s not jealousy it’s just pointing out dudes a trophy hunter who is not a resident and not entitled to just come shoot up whatever he can afford.
Save your red herring bs about the disabled veteran tag program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's playing the game and drawing tags.

Nothing prevents disabled veterans from doing the same.

amassi

WKR
If someone bought a governors tag, shot an animal, took the horns and left everything else. The consensus should/would be that that is wanton waste and they should/would be prosecuted accordingly.

Most states have a donation rule that allows for the meat to be donate, like OP is asking about. Thus, if that rule is in place and followed, it is not wanton waste and is perfectly legal.

And have you noticed that hunters who aren’t going to use the meat take very good care of it?
I don’t think trophy hunters by large and especially foreign ones have good intentions for the game animals they pursue. That’s it

amassi

WKR
He's playing the game and drawing tags.

Nothing prevents disabled veterans from doing the same.

Except there’s more to the North American model of conservation than just playing the game, right?

Forget I said anything about disabled veterans
It’s clearly clouding the conversation

He should turn the tags in to be reissued so another “player” can use them fully

OP
Mojave

Mojave

WKR
t
Except there’s more to the North American model of conservation than just playing the game, right?

The actual North American model of convservation deals with trustees.

You are not a trustee of 49 states.

So under the actual North American model there is no room for non-resident hunting.

Yet we have it.

CorbLand

WKR
And have you noticed that hunters who aren’t going to use the meat take very good care of it?
I don’t think trophy hunters by large and especially foreign ones have good intentions for the game animals they pursue. That’s it

I know of people that donate meat and they all take good care of it. I also know people that keep the meat for themselves and dont take care of it.

Man, your "thats it" are all over the place. First it was trophy hunting, then it was wanton waste, now its that they dont take very good care of the meat? So, lets do this. Either A) move on with the thread, you have said your piece or B) tell us what your real problem here is.

You seem to be doing more assuming than actually creating a logical, consistent argument/statement.

OP
Mojave

Mojave

WKR

Forget I said anything about disabled veterans
It’s clearly clouding the conversation

He should turn the tags in to be reissued so another “player” can use them fully

Please tell me why he should turn in his tags?

I do not understand your point.

He is a hunter, and plans to utilize what he can use and donate the rest. Is there something not noble about it?

JFK

WKR
I don’t see what the issue is. Guy accrued points for 10 years and got some great tags. He wants to come over and see what hunting in the US is all about. He has a friend who is working ahead of time to find a good home for the meat because his buddy can’t fly with it. So this guy comes over with legally acquired tags, has some success, and the meat ends up being utilized by people in and around the community it was harvested.

Seems completely above board to me. Hope he has fun.

BadDogPSD

WKR
I'll be in the northern Bighorns in October. Let me know if I can help your friend.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Dude got the tags legally and is giving the meat away, zero issue. Yet I get why Amassi doesn’t love it. Same issue I have with influencers hunting 3-6 elk tags, 2-3 mule deer tags, and pronghorn to boot and throw a moose in and they are a single dude… they “need” that meat right? It’s glutinous. Zero envy here btw. I guess if I went to the old world I’d want to kill as much as I could… but I have zero desire for Africa or Europe…

Jethro

WKR
@amassi, thats a pretty high horse you rode in on. You seem to know more about OP's buddy than he does.

@Mojave, I thought the idea someone posted about checking with area outfitters was a good one. You're guy not the first to want to donate meat.

Link to participating processors in WY's First Lady's hunger initiative program
Processors

amassi

WKR
I don’t see what the issue is. Guy accrued points for 10 years and got some great tags. He wants to come over and see what hunting in the US is all about. He has a friend who is working ahead of time to find a good home for the meat because his buddy can’t fly with it. So this guy comes over with legally acquired tags, has some success, and the meat ends up being utilized by people in and around the community it was harvested.

Seems completely above board to me. Hope he has fun.

A 30 year old has been accruing points for over 10 years, But in all that time couldn’t figure out what he’s going to do with the meat? Tens of thousands of dollars in applications and has no plan for what he’s going to do after the kill? Seems legit

wytx

WKR
Unless Wyoming has changed some regs he may have to get the meat processed to give away.
Check those regs and the cwd regs on transporting whole carcasses out of the state , don't think he can do that.

Last thing he needs is a hassle after the hunt.
If he finds a processor for donating that would be nice for some local folks in need.

Sounds like several folks are getting some great meat, a little jealous about the moose meat actually.

CorbLand

WKR
Dude got the tags legally and is giving the meat away, zero issue. Yet I get why Amassi doesn’t love it. Same issue I have with influencers hunting 3-6 elk tags, 2-3 mule deer tags, and pronghorn to boot and throw a moose in and they are a single dude… they “need” that meat right? It’s glutinous. Zero envy here btw. I guess if I went to the old world I’d want to kill as much as I could… but I have zero desire for Africa or Europe…
Even though I was one of the ones going back and forth with @amassi, this is my feelings pretty much to a T on the entire thing.

I just dont see how accusing the dude of some of the things he was is warranted.

IdahoBeav

WKR
So an Austrian buddy of mine ended up punching above his weight limit, and has the following tags:

Idaho moose bull
Wyoming deer
Wyoming antelope
Colorado deer
Colorado ewe bighorn

He has the Colorado species sorted as he is going to drop them to some family of mine near Cheyenne.

The Idaho moose he has sorted out as well. A friend who lives in Eastern Washington is going to meet him in the unit and take the meat from that one.

The Wyoming deer and antelope we do not have a solution for, they are hunts in NW Wyoming. The only hunters for the hungry outfit I can find is in Jackson. 350 miles from where he is.

Does anyone have a meat cutter near Sheridan or Buffalo they like. I told him to drop it there and then pick it up after he is done moose hunting. Then he can drop it in Cheyenne on his way back to Denver to fly out.

The antelope hunt in NE Wyoming is October 1, 2, 3.

The deer hunt in the bighorns Wyoming is the 15th through the 23rd of October.

He is a freaking deer ninja. He will fill all these tags. He self guided and hiked into the New Zealand backcountry 15 miles and killed half the forest.

People talk about expert hunters, he is one. Never met a finer hunter than this guy. Just incredible.
Is there a reason why he didn't pull his WY apps once the Idaho OIL results were made available?

S-3 ranch

WKR
I’m a huge proponent for hunters for the hungry and food from the field
Just google up a donation center or contact a game warden
I treat the wild game meat exactly the same way whether I am eating it or donating it to the food bank .
Never had a problem giving away meat to the hungry/ food bank

I wish I had your buddy luck in the draw

Yoder

WKR
It’s not jealousy it’s just pointing out dudes a trophy hunter who is not a resident and not entitled to just come shoot up whatever he can afford.
Save your red herring bs about the disabled veteran tag program.

Actually, he is entitled to shoot everything he legally got a tag for. I hope he fills every tag.

Yoder

WKR
What a brave nuanced stance you have.
I hope he crashes his moped and has to cancel his trip

Apparently, it's as nuanced as yours. We have public land and freedom here. He put in for all the tags, has the money and time off. If the state can't support the hunting pressure, they shouldn't sell nonresident tags. You should be pissed at them for whoring out your wildlife to nonresidents for top dollar.