What music do you listen to?

I have no idea who most of these country artists are that you guys are listing to. I listen to everything from what my parents listened to like Merle, Hank Sr, Johnny Cash, Marty Robbins, Glen Campbell, and Roger Miller to my own high school years like Depeche Mode and the Smiths. I like modern alternative like Theory of a Deadman, Linkin Park, and Breaking Benjamin.

A Coworker had Jackson Taylor play his PD retirement party a few years ago. They were the closest thing I have heard to old school Waylon type country. Great guys. They even have a song about the new pop country bs...enjoy,

So I’m a millennial according the bullshit time period. I don’t wanna be one and would never brag that I am. I don’t listen to tractor rap and I don’t like that stupid shark song. I listen to Cody jinks, whitey Morgan, sturgill Simpson, Whiskey Myers and so forth. Waylon and the boys for the old stuff. I just went to a Chris Knight concert and I’m going to Jamey johnson and Tyler Childers in a week. What does everyone listen to?Anybody out west have any local guys they wanna tell everyone about?
Im right here as well taste wise. But im an old timer at 56.

Vids

WKR
I'm all over the board. Tool, Rush, Alice in Chains, Sevendust, Pink Floyd, Johnny Cash, Waylon, 80s country, all the classic rock from the 60s-80s, even a little rap or classical mixed in from time to time. Don't like too many new bands but Shinedown is my new favorite. My Sirius radio is usually tuned to Octane.

If it has great musicianship or great storytelling I'm in. I used to be a drummer so any band with a solid rhythm section is a hit with me.

Rs3003

WKR
Bruce Springsteen, Scorpions, U2, Warren Zevon. I’m starting to listen to the 70’s &80’s county.

The three Ms: Metallica, Megadeth, and Mes
I guess I'm odd man out so far, I listen to heavy metal pretty much all the time. Unless I'm in my wife's rig with her than I'm stuck listening to country
I make my wife listen to metal all the time. She just accepts it now. The three Ms in our house are Metallica, Megadeth, and Mastodon. She gets taken to the deep end with some High on Fire and Cattle Decapitation. I’ve played drums since I was a teen so I think I’m attracted to that kind of stuff partially because of the drums.

I'm all over the board. Tool, Rush, Alice in Chains, Sevendust, Pink Floyd, Johnny Cash, Waylon, 80s country, all the classic rock from the 60s-80s, even a little rap or classical mixed in from time to time. Don't like too many new bands but Shinedown is my new favorite. My Sirius radio is usually tuned to Octane.

If it has great musicianship or great storytelling I'm in. I used to be a drummer so any band with a solid rhythm section is a hit with me.
Check out Opeth. Their sound has changed a lot over the years. The new stuff is more 70’s prog but the old stuff is the best it gets for proggy Swedish death metal.

Just about all music. New rap is terrible and a lot of new pop is as well. I listen to almost all genre. 90s country, alternative rock, and rap are my favorites. I’m a millennial as well being born in 89.

So, being that you used to be a drummer, what do you think about the drummers for Tool (Danny Carey), and Rush (Neil Peart)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idahunt

FNG
No tractor rap/ bro country, haven't even listened to "old town road" and dont plan too either. Just saw the great Dwight Yoakam in concert this past thursday that man doesn't miss!