What knife for a gift?

Hey everybody,

if y’all were going to gift someone a very nice fixed blade knife what company would you buy from?

I like the idea of a Puma or Randall made but wanted to look at a few more options.

I’d like it to be something that would last a lifetime and I guess be in the 100-500 dollar range but if there’s better options at more or less I’d love to hear em!

Thanks

A friend of mine is a well-regarded custom knife maker.

@deeringknives on Instagram.

Check out the YouTube video that Wranglerstar did on his knife. His books are technically closed, but shoot him a message and he might be able to get you in!

Typically in the $400-$550 range, but amazing knives. He makes his own sheaths as well and they are the best I’ve seen.

He is making a knife for me for a similar situation, a gift for a relative that is taking me elk hunting out west for the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
it would be nice to know the intended purpose.

I think i would go with a recognizable name….or some thing that when he looks it up, he is totally blown away. It would probably take too long- he is probably years out but Phil Wilson with Seamount knives makes some of the best knives in the world…just check the articles bookmarked on his site.
Seamount website
I think he had the record for edge holding for a long time