The Skre Ptarmigan is 5.2 oz of fill

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
What color
The dark blue color.

does it (MH Phantom) show anywhere the amount of fill? it's pretty light at 16 oz, be interesting to see how much fill

Ghost Whisperer is a summer jacket only, a nice one at that though :)

My XL (sized down from 2XL per the reviews) weigh 19oz on my $10 kitchen scale and I did the online chat to learn an XL has 8.5-9oz of down.

The only thing it doesn't have is a stuff in its own pocket type feature. I have enjoyed the double opposing chest zippers.

I have a Big Agnes 7oz pullover that is neat, https://www.bigagnes.com/collections/mens-apparel/products/danvers-pullover?variant=43324131049721
And the under armour alpine ops 30oz thing, so this fits in the middle. There's a fair chance that this has as much down as the UA parka, but who knows.

The Uncompahgre is now my garage work coat.

I have a really old MH ghost whisperer. It's awesome. I use it on hunts that don't go below 30.

+1 on the Rab Electron. I've got the same one pictured a few posts back. It's A+++. My only qualm is mine is too small.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
@sndmn11 darn I was hoping to see what you thought of that construction worker yellow 😂

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
@sndmn11 darn I was hoping to see what you thought of that construction worker yellow 😂

If I had shoes to match it might have been an option.

I think of it weren't for the price I'd have probably looked more at Rab or Mammut. Or if I didn't have other down pieces. For a daily wear piece I know it will get snagged on something and get a hole, or get a stain from something. At $130 I think it won't matter to me if either happens.

nobody

WKR

This one is on the low end of your desired down fill threshold, but holy cow is it high value. Picked one up last fall and I've been happy with it. Especially for what I paid. Runs true to size.

Macintosh

WKR
I have a pile of mammut jackets including that meron in, I used to work for them. Its very warm, v nice jacket that I really like, but like any really light one wont be super durable so imo not a great daily driver. Note that they made the fabric slightly heavier after 2021 in case you find an older closeout, the newer version is a big improvement in durability, albeit still pretty lightweight. But $$$$. Mine is the older version, Im not aware of really anything that packs as small for the warmth, but its fragile.
I think of it weren't for the price I'd have probably looked more at Rab or Mammut. Or if I didn't have other down pieces. For a daily wear piece I know it will get snagged on something and get a hole, or get a stain from something. At $130 I think it won't matter to me if either happens.

Last edited:

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
does it (MH Phantom) show anywhere the amount of fill? it's pretty light at 16 oz, be interesting to see how much fill
I knew I heard of that jacket somewhere :D, I bought one for my wife a couple of years ago- this jacket has big time loft. If you can find it in a hunting friendly color, this would be warm choice!

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
I knew I heard of that jacket somewhere :D, I bought one for my wife a couple of years ago- this jacket has big time loft. If you can find it in a hunting friendly color, this would be warm choice!
I've started wearing "backpacker" colors when I know there are other hunters around in hopes that they don't pay me any attention.
IMG_9578.jpg
I am digging the jacket so far. The double chest pockets work out well for phone and wallet, and it is quite fluffy.

Valumpessa

Lil-Rokslider
I was in the same boat a few months ago. Wanted more insulation power than my FL Brooks but not too much (I hunt down in the 20s at the lowest). Ended up with a Sitka Down Lite. It's a solid "midweight" treated down jacket and a step up in loft/warmth from the Brooks, and appears to have a more durable shell. Looking forward to using it in the field next season.

Attachments

• 20230122_152813.jpg
    20230122_152813.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 32
  • 20230122_152902.jpg
    20230122_152902.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 20230122_153010.jpg
    20230122_153010.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 30