Solid color insulated jacket

You might find something by Outdoor Research as well. I tend to like their stuff in general, but not a super fan of some of their color options lol. I have the Refuge Hooded Jacket in brown, and it's a preferred piece, but I also believe it's discontinued... The Shadow Insulated Hoodie or the Superstrand LT Hoodie may be other options.

OP
S

Skybuster

FNG
You might find something by Outdoor Research as well. I tend to like their stuff in general, but not a super fan of some of their color options lol. I have the Refuge Hooded Jacket in brown, and it's a preferred piece, but I also believe it's discontinued... The Shadow Insulated Hoodie or the Superstrand LT Hoodie may be other options.

Yes I also consider those but I wanted something with exterior chest pocket and insulated.

Some jacket have chest pocket but the pocket is not insulated.

I also tried the RAB Xenon 2 super nice jacket but the pocket is on the inside and when you place your phone the jacket kind of change it shape hard to describe but the zipper line is not straight you could definitely tell something is in the pocket, I guess the structure of the pocket is not the best.

The Kelvin Aerolite is a great in between jacket, I’m impressed so far. Is not the most breathable but it would definitely let vapor escape easier than other jackets.
The size L weight 15.8oz
Full price is a hard sell but on discount is a great deal to use around town, travel etc.

The kenai was not a good fit is definitely way more breathable than the Kelvin so strong wind would make you cold.
The Cirque is like the Kenai but much thicker pretty much same breath ability a chin better wind resistant.

The other jacket I was impressed is the KOR Airshell Warm on sale would also make a great mid layer but if is windy would not be the best option. That why I send it back.

I probably left out 1 or 2 I also tried.

I also got on sale the DAS Parka this thing is crazy at 19oz over 133g of Primaloft Gold I should be good for a long time.
It layer over the Kelvin just fine.
Completely overkill let wait for next winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone familiar with decathlon clothing ? They make a seemingly decent synthetic jacket that I've been debatingggetting for traveling/around town

Anyone familiar with decathlon clothing ? They make a seemingly decent synthetic jacket that I've been debatingggetting for traveling/around town

I have purchased two of their down Trek 100’s. I don’t think there’s a better down jacket on the market for the dollar at that weight. YKK zippers. 7+ oz of fill for a total weight of just over 10oz.

That doesn’t speak to the one you’re referring to, but maybe another one to look at? The company is great to work with too- free shipping and returns. I’ve returned a few things in trying to find the right size (definitely size up!).

Been really impressed with Kuhl jackets lately, or beyond clothing (USA made line)
What Kuhls have you used? I have some pants and wondered about the jackets. Thanks!

for Kuiu, I LOVE my peloton 240 as an outer as you want to use it. Only has low side pockets though. Wind resistance is very good and it fights off light water really well. Great stretch and not at all bulky. More like a sweatshirt but way better. Dries really quickly in light rain. I feel like kenai has no wind or water properties really and little flexibility in the seams. I do like it with a shell better than any other insulating layer for movement followed by sitting.
id say try the guide all season with not much underneath for your pockets, wind and water resistance.