What is your oldest firearm?

OP
Weldor

Weldor

WKR
Good advice and I know it hasn't been completed on mine. I also need to get some work done on the extractor. Unfortunately I know a ton about the model 100s and how the bolt can fall over the trigger assembly and brick the rifle if the action screws are even a touch loose. Been looking for a good smith to fix my extraction issues for a while but haven't run across anyone.
Yeap, they are hard to find (gunsmith). I did my own recall work, they sent me the firing pins and you send them back the old ones. That was about 20 years ago. Hopefully they still have parts available. Oh yea they also send you a check for $30 bucks I think it was to pay to have it done at a shop. I'm still mad at myself for
selling them.

SloppyJ

WKR
Yeap, they are hard to find (gunsmith). I did my own recall work, they sent me the firing pins and you send them back the old ones. That was about 20 years ago. Hopefully they still have parts available. Oh yea they also send you a check for $30 bucks I think it was to pay to have it done at a shop. I'm still mad at myself for
selling them.
Yeah I called the recall hotline and confirmed that the recall had not been completed. They must have changed because in order to get the updated parts, I had to send my old one back. They send the new firing pin and that check along with it. I just haven't been motivated to tear the thing down. That's the most difficult gun I've ever owned to break down and reassemble.

When I do tear it apart I'm going scope the chamber and polish it. I'm wondering if I have some pitting in there and that caused some extra stress on the extractor which lead to the failure. I understand why it probably didn't get cleaned enough due to the complexity of tearing it down and I won't clean it from the muzzle end.

I never shoot the gun anymore. I really enjoy hunting suppressed with my kids and that's just one I'll never be able to sell. But I would like both of them to take a deer with it so I want to get it running safety. It's never been the most accurate but it's packed full of sentimental value. It's plenty accurate enough for whitetail here in the south where you're looking at a max 100yd shot. I saw the matching 284 at a gun show recently and even though I wouldn't use that one much, I still kick myself for not grabbing it. For some reason I just like those model 100s. If I'm not mistaken, the 243 is the hardest to find. I've never ran across another one but I've seen handful of 308s for sale.

I think I'll order the parts and try to fix it myself first. Thanks for the motivation.

I have an old revolver that my Grandpa gave me. I dont have a clue what chambering it is or how old. Certainly early 1900s. Military or LEO very likely. WW I era. Has a leather holster.
My oldest rifle I still might use is my Ruger M77 Tanger 3006. Probably early to mid 80s.

This is my oldest acquired it back in the 80's out of WVA. Circa late 1850's, 32 cal. percussion rifle. I had it looked at by a pro. of the Ohio valley era. he said it was very much a parts built rifle. No makers mark but an X on the underside of the barrel. Shoots spot on, tiny silver front bead sight.

1727557360635.jpeg

I think this is my oldest, but I’m not 100% sure. Winchester model 1894 .30 WCF, circa 1897.
fdedf42705f283df5814a2754e8e8734.jpg

41ef380c01d80a88da050dd4a6092b70.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will 736

FNG
A Parker side-by-side 20 gauge made in 1925. It was my great-grandfathers shotgun. He was a doctor during the depression and took it in on trade for medical services. My grandfather passed it down to me. It was the first shotgun I ever fired at about age 6. Every year I take it out at least once to hunt sharps.

BigNate

WKR
I have my Great Grandfather's Ithica double 12. It has Damascus barrels. No idea when it was made, if he bought it new or what.
I do know my Grandpa shot a black bear with it that was stealing food out of his CCC camp during the great depression. Said the bear tasted ok, but he seemed happier about the box of buckshot the camp boss gave him for shooting it.

TomJoad

WKR
My oldest firearm is actually the newest in my safe 😂

A 19-teens/twenties Anschutz underlever side by side combination gun. 22lr right barrel, 410 left barrel.

Just picked this up as a dedicated grouse gun. I love combos, especially sxs combos. I’ll have it in the mountains next week!

IMG_1091.jpeg