What is Going on in Canada

So this is nothing new and has been in the works for some time. Why are "we" just now finding out about this? It is because we are so busy in-fighting about trivial crap that we are blind to what is actually going on. We fall for it every damn time which is just how the gun control advocates like it.

2.5 years ago:

But yep, let us NOW bitch about it.

It's Canada at the moment but our President wants something similar here in the US. At some point they'll get it since we'll be fighting about more trivial BS.

So….. maybe an ignorant question, but does this directly impact a Non-Resident from crossing into Canadian territory with a bolt action rifle, that’s on the list, to hunt with? I would think it absolutely would.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
So the covid thing was a real eye opener with the shocky deal and advocating not giving refunds.

Who here thinks that the outfitters will refund your 10k deposit or more if canada bans guns to hunt with?

This is why canada is dead to me. I'll spend my hard earned dollars in another country. Sorry to my canadian friends.

So….. maybe an ignorant question, but does this directly impact a Non-Resident from crossing into Canadian territory with a bolt action rifle, that’s on the list, to hunt with? I would think it absolutely would.
But if your desired firearm is on the list, which has been tabled for the time being, it likely will be a hard "no" for crossing the border let alone getting it back to the USA.

But remember trophy hunting is "bad". This is likely another layer to prevent Canadian hunters from going on safari in Africa as there is no reason to ban a 600 NE for public safety.

KBC

WKR
Get me outta here! Just watched a video clip of Trudope supporting the current lockdown protestors in China but he’s been testifying in the past week as to why they put the Emergencies act in place to stop the freedom convoy protest last February.

There’s also plenty of clips of him in the past saying how they would never go after hunting guns. Pay attention you guys down south, your gooberment is coming for you!

The Second Amendment(Amendment II) to the United States Constitution protects the right to keep and bear arms. It was ratified on December 15, 1791, along with nine other articles of the Bill of Rights.
The Eighteenth Amendment (Amendment XVIII) of the United States Constitution established the prohibition of alcohol in the United States. The amendment was proposed by Congress on December 18, 1917, and was ratified by the requisite number of states on January 16, 1919.

Last edited:
Does Canada have a constitutional amendment protecting the right to owning firearms? I don't believe they do. The US stands alone with having that, politicians can try to take our guns, but it will be one of the hardest fought political battles in the history of mankind. The SCOTUS has ruled multiple times that we have the right to own guns, and they're likely going to be making more favorable rulings this coming Summer with some of the cases on their docket. I'm not saying it could never happen, but Canada losing their ability to own guns doesn't at all translate to the inevitability of Americans losing the 2nd Amendment to the one document that rules the land. Canada really is basically just another England/Australia, they came from the same process.

gabenzeke

WKR
The U.S. = Canada +12 years, give or take...it's coming here, question is, what will we do about it?!
I can think of a few things we should do about it. Can't tell you though. I'd end up on a list.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

TheHammer

WKR
What some fail to realize, these tactics have been going of for decades. How the left is so accomplished in chipping away at our rights is as simple as this, compromise. They fully understand the offense and defense side of their agenda. They propose extremes hoping to settle for subtlety through compromise. Inches eventually add up to miles. And in a short period of time complete alterations have been implemented all by the right giving in a little here and a little there. Soon the world we grew up in no longer exists, you will own nothing and be happy with it.

Can anyone cite a Canadian government source for this list? I looked and can't find anything but a few news outlets or gun rights organizations that say it was recently released to the public.

Released from where and from who?

Blowdowner

Lil-Rokslider
SOME Canadians ARE very compliant. But not all...Be careful with generalizations, and never mistake kindness for weakness.
Won’t matter. You need to be blunt and a big-mouth. If you wait quietly then suddenly fight back violently they will say you are crazy and divert more taxes to armored personnel carriers. You need to call Trudeau a you-know-what to every person you meet, every day, and still present yourself a respectable, clean and sane. Numbers, millions, need to scream their hatred of his snotty face.

Can anyone cite a Canadian government source for this list? I looked and can't find anything but a few news outlets or gun rights organizations that say it was recently released to the public.

Released from where and from who?
Supposedly it is in here:

You can go look for it. 300-something page PDF.

KBC

WKR
Here’s the list. Note that some of the guns listed are there as exceptions to the proposed ban so it can be a bit misleading if you are just searching for specific models and not reading the bits in between the lists.