What is Going on in Canada

OXN939

WKR
Apparently this is a list of firearms specifically targeted by the latest gun ban in Canada, Bill C-21... I'm guessing this is legit since The Gun Blog has an article on it.

Screenshot_20221128_213359_Instagram.jpg

So who had "mandatory confiscation of bolt action rifles" on their bingo card for '22? Please correct me if I've got wires crossed somewhere, but pretty wild to see.

OP
OXN939

OXN939

WKR
I'm not turning in anything. EVER.

That's kinda what I'm wondering... apparently this is a serious attempt to collect everyone's waterfowling shotguns and bolt action hunting rifles? I feel like I heard one time there are a lot of those up there

Flyjunky

WKR
Last edited:

Hoodie

WKR
All the news sources I'm seeing are referencing a ban on semi-autos with detachable magazines w/ capacity greater than 5 rounds.

Half of the rifles on that list in the picture are bolt guns. Several are double rifles or Ruger No. 1 style single shots. This makes me doubt the list.

For instance, this is a "Wesley Richards Single Under-Lever".
1669744038381.jpeg

Flyjunky

WKR
Who made that list then? It sure seems like an official list to me but I’m seeing the 5 round restriction as well.

Ram94

WKR
That list is legit. There is also caveats for firearms (and variants) capable of producing 10,000 joules of energy. My best guess is that these models have options for large caliber chambering like .460 wby. Keep in mind this list was put together by folks who have likely never put hands on a firearm. Complete joke.

That list is legit. There is also caveats for firearms (and variants) capable of producing 10,000 joules of energy. My best guess is that these models have options for large caliber chambering like .460 wby. Keep in mind this list was put together by folks who have likely never put hands on a firearm. Complete joke.
This makes sense. Those Weatherbys have to justify having 9 lugs somehow, and by god it's to support ammo producing over of the scientifically important metric of 10,000 joules of energy to "blow the lungs clear out of the body".