What hunting rig are you running/how do you use it

Naaate

FNG
Had any issues with your LR3? In my research they seem much more reliable than the earlier discoverys
want something bigger at some point soon but will never get rid of the LR3 hopefully. no issues outside of normal wear and tear and still so much fun to drive with the great engine, smooth suspension and quiet cabin.

98 Subaru Forester with a 2.2 out of a Legacy swapped in...slow but extremely reliable. Not lifted yet but will be at some point.

Its paid for and works and is not horrendous on road on the way to where I hunt and works great offroad as long as I don't treat it too much like a jeep.

Once I get a new truck/car then I will get wild with Subaru offroad mods just for fun.

246k miles on it, almost broke in.

OP
SilentPursuit

SilentPursuit

Lil-Rokslider
98 Subaru Forester with a 2.2 out of a Legacy swapped in...slow but extremely reliable. Not lifted yet but will be at some point.

Its paid for and works and is not horrendous on road on the way to where I hunt and works great offroad as long as I don't treat it too much like a jeep.

Once I get a new truck/car then I will get wild with Subaru offroad mods just for fun.

246k miles on it, almost broke in.
Sounds great! Reliability is what I look for anymore.

Alaska 4x4 Rentals

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I drive a 2022 2500 Sierra AT4 and tow my 20’ trailer with my 2014 Argo HDI. Bought the Argo naked and had a custom frame built and had it enclosed with a strong canvas like material.
13338b15735dc514c60b874e7f8fab17.jpg

7257cc4397cf7a4a4345af00880a0638.jpg

08ec1e7742d65b9a035cc0529caac6e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowtie747

FNG
I’m from Ohio so looking for some help/advice

I’ve never been out west and do worry about some of the roads in various states. Does a f150 limit you compared to something more off roading material like a jeep/tacoma? I’m assuming some of those roads get pretty rough

180ls1

WKR

I’ve never been out west and do worry about some of the roads in various states. Does a f150 limit you compared to something more off roading material like a jeep/tacoma? I’m assuming some of those roads get pretty rough

Possibly some. If I am driving 20-30hrs each direction I'm still taking the f150 though unless its a brand new tacoma or a jeep that isn't a wrangler.

Rjk300

FNG

I never felt the 2500 we take out to CO or MT limited us any more than any other 4wd you would drive. We take SxS’s and that gets us down trails you don’t see on road vehicles able to travel but we use them mainly for the guys to be able to go in different locations to hunt. We bring tire chains for everything and that’s a big help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
SilentPursuit

SilentPursuit

Lil-Rokslider

It can all depend on which part of Colorado you’re going to be hunting. If you’re looking into high country that’s steep you can get into some straight rock crawling situations. But for the most part you should be fine. Just note when you see a narrow ruff road sign in Colorado it’s not lying. Scouting I ended up rock climbing more than once. A lot of guys will bring a atv/utv just for navigating roads in those ruff areas.

Bowtie747

FNG
Seems toppers are really liked here. Sleeping in them is my biggest question.

why sleep in your topper? When u could just put a tent beside your truck?

Asking because it would help me justify the cost of a topper thanks!

Te Hopo

Lil-Rokslider
Seems toppers are really liked here. Sleeping in them is my biggest question.

why sleep in your topper? When u could just put a tent beside your truck?

Asking because it would help me justify the cost of a topper thanks!
I've always preferred sleeping in the back of my truck for a multitude of reasons, #1 been ease of set up and pack up means I can hunt later and get out there earlier in the morning.

It's also peace of mind that no matter how bad the weather turns, the truck is gonna be drier/quieter than a tent and has given me a better sleep ready to get back out there.
A couple times I've packed up my tent camp and retreated to my truck when I see a severe weather change coming.

OP
SilentPursuit

SilentPursuit

Lil-Rokslider
I've always preferred sleeping in the back of my truck for a multitude of reasons, #1 been ease of set up and pack up means I can hunt later and get out there earlier in the morning.

It's also peace of mind that no matter how bad the weather turns, the truck is gonna be drier/quieter than a tent and has given me a better sleep ready to get back out there.
A couple times I've packed up my tent camp and retreated to my truck when I see a severe weather change coming.
Exactly why I like to sleep in the back of the 4Runner. I was out scouting and it rained hard for most of the night. I was nice and toasty in the back.

kyguylal

FNG
Miss my small truck for how easy it was to drive and get things in and out of the bed. Moved up to a full size 1500 with a lift and trying to figure out how to get a deer into the bed ha