What hunting rig are you running/how do you use it

Usually dont hear that when talking about toyotas.

I got worse fuel mileage in a 3.0l toyota pickup than I do in my 6.4l ram 2500. Tell me how that makes sense.

Really depends how you drive em. Automatic doesnt help anything either.

2.7L on stockish tires, driven easy, actually doesnt do to bad. I normally get pretty bad fuel mileage in mine though. Goona need a driver mod to improve on that

OP
SilentPursuit

SilentPursuit

Lil-Rokslider
Do you have a link or brand/part number for the radiator with fan? My has an aux fan for supplemental engine cooling but it’s not a great unit. My radiator has a hairline crack on the mounting bracket so it’s due for a replacement.
Mine came with this one, nothing fancy but works excellent so far. It also has the led controller so I’ll link both. I’ll get a photo of the led controller tomorrow. It’s dirty, working on cleaning everything up currently.

IMG_2510.jpeg

OP
SilentPursuit

SilentPursuit

Lil-Rokslider
JK Rubicon, mild lift, 35’s, hitch rack when I need it, and a winch. Gets me where I need to go.
Nice, here is what I used last year. It’s my girls so don’t have a good picture (camping trip this year). JKU Rubicon on 37s 6 inch lift and regeared, we have taken it some crazy places. I bought a hitch rack in case I got something cause there’s not much room even in a jku. I’ll use it on my 4Runner now IMG_1766.jpeg

OP
SilentPursuit

SilentPursuit

Lil-Rokslider
Got this pretty mint 2003 TJ with a winch and a little lift last year. Thing was absolutely clean when I got it and its since seen a lot of death. Will absolutely hold two grown men and 2 quartered out bull elk but the fenders rub haha.

It made a 1500 mile one way road trip in a day and then the same trip back a week later.
Now that’s pretty impressive, was the rubbing before or after the lift? I always imagine this photo when I was thinking about getting a 2 door Jeep
IMG_2532.jpeg

OP
SilentPursuit

SilentPursuit

Lil-Rokslider
Or if it takes longer because of a broken or rusted bolt...
Ha I have been in Colorado for 8 years but spent the rest of my life on the east coast mostly upstate NY and PA so I know all about rust. One of the reasons I like Colorado better is no rust hence the 95 4Runner with zero rot on it.

OP
SilentPursuit

SilentPursuit

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 2003 Ford Excursion with a V10. Love, love, love it. I could probably sell it now for more than I bought it for in 2017. It fits a queen sized mattress in the back and still has room for gear. 35's with Old Man Emu springs that gives it ~6 inch lift.
My uncle had diesel Excursion and we would take it goose hunting every year to PA border of Maryland. So much room and so comfortable.

Mwing98

FNG
View attachment 734784View attachment 734785View attachment 734786

Pic 1 loaded for beach
Pic 2 typical mountain load
Pic 3 in an area a guy on sxs asked me how I got a truck in there..
Pic 4 also have softopperView attachment 734787

By far sleeping in the aoftopper at truck is way better than sleeping under diamondback or in tent at truck.
Have you considered a hard topper and then still use the capability of having rails to put your kayak on top? Also considering an F250. Have you had any issue getting into tight areas or are you out in the open most of the time? Is the FX4 package really worth it or did you upgrade the suspension and skid plates anyways?

vladkgb

FNG
I used my girls jeep wrangle rubicon jku last season and you’re right about not a lot of room. The v8 and atlas transfer case sounds awesome. Did you do the work yourself? We plan to do a tdi swap when the motor goes, it’s already on 37s re-geared and rear bumper. I slept in it last November and it’s wasn’t the best but got the job done.
After the 37s, 1 ton axles (dynatrac 60's) and steel bumpers the stock V6 had no balls at all, it was borderline unsafe on mountain passes, I couldn't go faster than 65 lol I got the Chevy LT1 swap done by motech in Vegas they've done over a thousand jeep swaps, they did a great job and quick turn around, took about a month. Huge gas mileage improvement too.

Currently working out last few details on a salvage title 2016 tundra I've been putting together for hunting and some family camping trips. Started out as a bone stock limited with front end damage. It's not perfect cosmetically but mechanics are all there with only 70k miles.
I love my toyota's, they have their quirks and issues like anything else just not typically the major drive train problems I see from Ford, Chrysler and GM...of course they seem to have screwed the pooch there on the 3rd gen tundra. That thing broke my heart, so underwhelmed with the new ones.
Main changes here are Bilstiens all around, add a leafs and RAS in the rear for 2.5" more height and the extra weight. 34" tires, Full RCI engine/trans skid plates and rock sliders, c4 bumper, warn evo 12, nuthouse hard deck nutshell rack, natur nest hardshell RTT, Rhino backbone roof platform and a cheap Ironman awning and enclosure.
200watt solar system, 75qt fridge freezer.
working on insulated 20 gal water system with rv style pump and propane instant hot water.
Its a bit heavy loaded with gear and only gets few mpg better than my 8.1L Chev beater but drives/rides really nice. Supercharger would be the ticket but not in the cards presently.
1000003483.jpg1000003980.jpg1000003485.jpg

OP
SilentPursuit

SilentPursuit

Lil-Rokslider
After the 37s, 1 ton axles (dynatrac 60's) and steel bumpers the stock V6 had no balls at all, it was borderline unsafe on mountain passes, I couldn't go faster than 65 lol I got the Chevy LT1 swap done by motech in Vegas they've done over a thousand jeep swaps, they did a great job and quick turn around, took about a month. Huge gas mileage improvement too.
That sounds amazing!

OP
SilentPursuit

SilentPursuit

Lil-Rokslider
Currently working out last few details on a salvage title 2016 tundra I've been putting together for hunting and some family camping trips. Started out as a bone stock limited with front end damage. It's not perfect cosmetically but mechanics are all there with only 70k miles.
I love my toyota's, they have their quirks and issues like anything else just not typically the major drive train problems I see from Ford, Chrysler and GM...of course they seem to have screwed the pooch there on the 3rd gen tundra. That thing broke my heart, so underwhelmed with the new ones.
Main changes here are Bilstiens all around, add a leafs and RAS in the rear for 2.5" more height and the extra weight. 34" tires, Full RCI engine/trans skid plates and rock sliders, c4 bumper, warn evo 12, nuthouse hard deck nutshell rack, natur nest hardshell RTT, Rhino backbone roof platform and a cheap Ironman awning and enclosure.
200watt solar system, 75qt fridge freezer.
working on insulated 20 gal water system with rv style pump and propane instant hot water.
Its a bit heavy loaded with gear and only gets few mpg better than my 8.1L Chev beater but drives/rides really nice. Supercharger would be the ticket but not in the cards presently.
View attachment 742212View attachment 742213View attachment 742214
Absolutely love it man, looks like a perfect setup.

MTguy0341

Lil-Rokslider
I run an 86 Toyota pickup, has 35’s but bought a new set of 31s for this fall and winter. Great little truck that goes places. Strictly my mountain rig. Only downside is seating with my family