What did you do in the reloading room today?

Yesterday I finished digging out my dad's old reloading gear and we are figuring out a workbench layout to get set up for the winter. I brought over my rock chucker to add to his old rock chucker and dillon 450. We're slowly but surely working towards reloading a handful of different calibers like he used to when he was younger!

Torque

FNG
Another update:

Update: We finished sheathing the walls in the shop proper and the flooring in the reloading portion. We ran out of pine and gum so we have two big stacks of oak and ash to put up. I am going to make sure the boards are cut square and straight. Then, run a 3/4" long rabbit down each edge to over lap the boards as they go up. It's been a lot of work, but well worth it. Please excuse the crowded mess in the shop. We had to move everything out of the reloading room to put the flooring down on top of stacking the oak and ash to finish dimensioning.

I cannot believe how pretty that sweet gum wood turned out to be as lumber.

OP
sierracharlie338
Another update:

Update: We finished sheathing the walls in the shop proper and the flooring in the reloading portion. We ran out of pine and gum so we have two big stacks of oak and ash to put up. I am going to make sure the boards are cut square and straight. Then, run a 3/4" long rabbit down each edge to over lap the boards as they go up. It's been a lot of work, but well worth it. Please excuse the crowded mess in the shop. We had to move everything out of the reloading room to put the flooring down on top of stacking the oak and ash to finish dimensioning.

I cannot believe how pretty that sweet gum wood turned out to be as lumber.

Stuff dreams are made of! Keep the updates coming

Luked

WKR
Haven't ben doing much in my reloading.
I am heading to the range tonight after work to get some ladder data on 2 rifles.
Did order some stuff today i needed to get back to reloading all the pistols I have.
Have a bunch of Pistol rounds to load up.

Slick8

Lil-Rokslider
I did full brass prep and primed 50 rounds of 338 Edge. I'll come back tonight and load two ladders; 265 CE Lazers and 300 Bergers for a 300 yard ladder test tomorrow.

Gonna load up 10 rounds of 162 ELDX over 46.7 grains of SB 6.5 and see how they shoot in the 7-08. Should be 2680ish MV. I ran into pressure at 47.2 in this rifle, and I'm hoping backing off a half grain is the answer.

OP
sierracharlie338
I’ve been using graphite for a while now and have been happy with it. Is it necessary, no but I also don’t have issues with bullets sticking in the case I’ve noticed.

wyosam

WKR
Not apples to apples, but I had a pressure issue from bullet weld in loaded ammo that sat for months. Graphite has so far eliminated that.

I’ve started doing the same with new or wet tumbled brass that’s going to sit loaded for the same reason. Mostly I’ve stopped using the wet tumbler for the most part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk