What did you do in the reloading room today?

Today I loaded a small amount of rounds to test for pressure signs in a new rifle and prepped some brass for follow up loads. Seeing what other people are doing in their loading rooms motivates me to spend more time doing something I enjoy and don’t do enough of.

Post up what you’ve been doing as big or as little of a job as it might be, hell even cleaning up your bench counts!

IMG_9115.jpeg

wyosam

WKR
Loaded a ladder for 90gr Absolute Hammer for my 257 Roberts Improved, packaged up dummy rounds for the 338-284 project I’m working on for having a factory crimp die made, and a couple for setting free bore on the chamber. Loaded some 7-08ai for whenever I get to the range to test the 257- probably Monday or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
sierracharlie338
Loaded a ladder for 90gr Absolute Hammer for my 257 Roberts Improved, packaged up dummy rounds for the 338-284 project I’m working on for having a factory crimp die made, and a couple for setting free bore on the chamber. Loaded some 7-08ai for whenever I get to the range to test the 257- probably Monday or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice feel free to post here your results with the hammers and the 257AI. I have some sitting on the bench for my 257AI as well!

Compared brass dimensions in New un fired to fired brass for my 22cm. Trying a lap and some srp brass that was necked down from 6cm. While shooting most all the srp brass(starline) was really tight in the chamber prior to firing, the lap (hornady) was not.

Starline necks are thicker.

OP
sierracharlie338
In the process of building a new, better reloading bench, which meant I had to clean the shop.
Man I did that a couple of years ago and while it was 100% worth it, it was a pain cleaning and moving everything to get to that point. Good luck with your build and show us how it turns out!

OP
sierracharlie338
I just cleaned mine off, it became a dumping ground for gear throughout the season. Looking forward to the next work up.
Same here man. At the end of the season I clean and put all my gear away and can really get focused on loading ammo at that point. Though the season there is just enough room to tweak a load if need be haha.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"

What did you do in the reloading room today?

I looked around it and thought......."gee, it's winter, I should take my bow press down and put up my reloading stuff and load up a bunch of rounds". But the stuff has all been waiting for me to do that a few years already. I have enough ammo ready to go to last me a few years, but I'm not sure whether to load all of my components up, or just keep them loose for now.

My plan for today is similar to above… interior decorating. My reloading room looks like a bomb went off in a sporting goods store. I bought a 5 shelf industrial gorilla rack and am reorganizing everything.

I finally have some time off, so the next couple weeks I’ll get everything cleaned up then reload for a 7mag, 2 300s, a 6.5 man bun and a Warbird.

Tis the season… I lift weights, hike, reload and make jerky.

OP
sierracharlie338
My plan for today is similar to above… interior decorating. My reloading room looks like a bomb went off in a sporting goods store. I bought a 5 shelf industrial gorilla rack and am reorganizing everything.

I finally have some time off, so the next couple weeks I’ll get everything cleaned up then reload for a 7mag, 2 300s, a 6.5 man bun and a Warbird.

Tis the season… I lift weights, hike, reload and make jerky.
This seems to be a common theme among reloaders haha I wonder if it s a personality thing or what?

Post up some stuff on the warbird when you get around to it. I’ve never messed with one of those.

prm

WKR
Picked up a crimp die. I’ve had a challenge with consistent neck tension, or just too light. To the point that rounds will get moved when in the mag and shooting. Will play with this to see if it helps.

This seems to be a common theme among reloaders haha I wonder if it s a personality thing or what?

Post up some stuff on the warbird when you get around to it. I’ve never messed with one of those.
Ahh the Lazzeroni. I’ve had it since 2004 and it was the primary rifle for 15yrs. Haven’t shot it much the last couple and then my oldest went back to it this year.
Honestly, I wouldn’t recommend someone going out and getting one unless you really just want to dink with a fun caliber. The Lazzeroni is like justifying to your wife why you decided to buy a Ferrari for your economical commuter rig.
That said, it does hit like the hand of god. I originally shot 180s Mach 2, reduced the powder charge well under max and my brass life was great for any magnum and it was still ridiculously fast. We’re sending 230 Bergers now.

I'm going to try and call wolves a lot this winter, but in between those times I hope to get serious about loading up a bunch of ammunition. I have 3 - 6mm Remingtons to load for that shoot different loads, a 280AI, 300 WSM and a 30-06. Like to have 100 rounds at least all loaded up for each rifle.

OP
sierracharlie338
I'm going to try and call wolves a lot this winter, but in between those times I hope to get serious about loading up a bunch of ammunition. I have 3 - 6mm Remingtons to load for that shoot different loads, a 280AI, 300 WSM and a 30-06. Like to have 100 rounds at least all loaded up for each rifle.
Calling a wolf in would be awesome. Good luck with man!

waldo9190

Lil-Rokslider
Pretty much done packing mine away as we're moving, but I get to go from a GP workbench/reloading bench in an unfinished basement, to a small bedroom in our new house that will be my reloading/rod building/gunsafe room. Should be good for the next 6-7 years until our kids are older and we actually need to use it as a bedroom, but by that point I'll have the garage insulated/heated and will move my operation out there.

OP
sierracharlie338
Pretty much done packing mine away as we're moving, but I get to go from a GP workbench/reloading bench in an unfinished basement, to a small bedroom in our new house that will be my reloading/rod building/gunsafe room. Should be good for the next 6-7 years until our kids are older and we actually need to use it as a bedroom, but by that point I'll have the garage insulated/heated and will move my operation out there.
Goals. I like it.