What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This pandemic shows how important good data is, and also how hard it is to come by. We shut down the country before we had real data.

jmez

WKR
We know the virus has a high contagion rate, that's not up for debate anymore. Like the flu, it will eventually spread everywhere. The rate at which it spreads can be slowed, but if everyone goes back to school, work, parties, sporting events, concerts, etc. it will spread fairly quickly like every other virus. Every town has the flu, every town will eventually have this virus.

10% of the US population has diabetes, 40% of the US population is obese, and over 70 million Americans are over the age of 60.

From what we know now it's going to take a heavy toll. It can be spread out over time or all at once. All at once leads to the overwhelming of the healthcare system so even more people die than necessary.

Old, overweight people in Fargo aren't going to be tougher than than those in NYC or anywhere else. We know the target market for deaths now as they are consistent across the globe. The US has A LOT of that market.
Like I said, no basis in fact.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump on Saturday said the United States will next week begin purchasing $3 billion worth of dairy, meat and produce from farmers as unemployment soars and people are forced to food lines.

“Starting early next week, at my order, the USA will be purchasing, from our Farmers, Ranchers & Specialty Crop Growers, 3 Billion Dollars worth of Dairy, Meat & Produce for Food Lines & Kitchens,” Trump wrote in a post on Twitter.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump on Saturday said the United States will next week begin purchasing $3 billion worth of dairy, meat and produce from farmers as unemployment soars and people are forced to food lines.

“Starting early next week, at my order, the USA will be purchasing, from our Farmers, Ranchers & Specialty Crop Growers, 3 Billion Dollars worth of Dairy, Meat & Produce for Food Lines & Kitchens,” Trump wrote in a post on Twitter.

Wow.....what are we creating here? Does anyone else see there is already a large part of the population that wants to keep drawing unemployment rather than going back to work. Now we are going to start feeding them as well? I mean more so than we already have been? I think its great for the farmers/ranchers that are hurting right now due to the inability to get livestock processed, but that is another problem in itself. These people have to go back to work in order to get the processing facilities back up and running at full capacity.
I know it may seem harsh, but it is not the governments job to support people.......in any way.

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
Wow.....what are we creating here? Does anyone else see there is already a large part of the population that wants to keep drawing unemployment rather than going back to work. Now we are going to start feeding them as well? I mean more so than we already have been? I think its great for the farmers/ranchers that are hurting right now due to the inability to get livestock processed, but that is another problem in itself. These people have to go back to work in order to get the processing facilities back up and running at full capacity.
I know it may seem harsh, but it is not the governments job to support people.......in any way.

Its probably a good thing that everything will be 'normal' very soon..... :love:

Its probably a good thing that everything will be 'normal' very soon..... :love:
Normal, in terms of what Ive commented on previously, is the end of house arrest, businesses open, restaurants open for dine in meals, people able to go back to work (if they choose to), resuming daily life......etc. That has all happened (or is in the process of) pretty much nation wide with the exception of a few states/towns. It certainly has not been months or years as others claimed adamantly that it would be (if ever). Some folks just seem to want to hang on to what is already old news to many. Lets start focusing on these hornets. The virus has lost the attention of a large percentage of America.

NDGuy

WKR
that’s a serious question. Not a gotcha point. What do you think is acceptable?
It's a shit situation to be in either way you look at it. The most frustrating part is how new it all is and the chaos it created. There are no universal standards for businesses and people returning to work and to enjoy public places. Some businesses don't have or are refusing to put in preventative measures. Workers themselves do not always have PPE. We do not have the testing capacity to effectively isolate and contain hot zones. Guess we will see how things look in the next month. The more we learn the better we will be to adapt and combat this damn bug.

I do not believe staying inside for a year is an acceptable path forward. But I do wish we were prepared more before re-opening. I just think it is ridiculous how many people are sharing videos that are claiming a global conspiracy. Like Bill Gates, vaccines, and 5G towers trying to take over the world and cause autism and disease? WTF!? There are definitely people and companies doing sketchy shit and trying to profit from this chaos. But thinking the virus was created to unleash global havoc makes no sense. People sharing their Facebook videos posted by Uncle Larry does not make them in the know and smarter than everybody else.

At the end of the day we need to clean house on our news agencies because of how sensational they have become. They have helped turn people into sports teams that think everyone else is wrong, stupid, racist, nazi etc we cannot live in echo chambers.

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
The virus has lost the attention of a large percentage of America.

I think that is not true at all. They can also open up everything tomorrow and the result will be far from normal. Schooling will undergo a huge change in the near future along with many other things. Many small businesses will never re-open, oil industry, travel industry, restaurant industry, airlines and many other industries have been and will continue to be devastated. Pro/college/high school sports will be greatly effected into 2021 and maybe for a longer period of time. Nothing will be 'normal' soon from my point of view. The kung flu is far from 'old news'....Now we have white house employees and secret service people testing +, wait till Trump or Pence tests +. This is far from over....and covid-20 may be coming soon.

YMMV.

I think Buffet and his people just took a huge loss of $ selling all their airline stocks.....obviously he is not expecting 'normal' very soon or he would not have taken a huge $ loss.

jmez

WKR
Returning to some normalcy here. Things opened up on Monday. Bi just ran to town. Restarsunt parking lots are all full. Hotel parking lots have a lot of cars. Mall parking lot was full.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

I been working in Logan, Utah a couple days a week. Last week the traffic on 91 (main street) was around 1/2 normal. Even at lunch, rush hour, a normally full undivided 4 lane + right, left, and center turn lanes road had plenty of room to pass, pull out, etc. This week (a lot of stuff opened Monday) it was back to being bumper to bumper in the middle of town.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It's a shit situation to be in either way you look at it. The most frustrating part is how new it all is and the chaos it created. There are no universal standards for businesses and people returning to work and to enjoy public places. Some businesses don't have or are refusing to put in preventative measures. Workers themselves do not always have PPE. We do not have the testing capacity to effectively isolate and contain hot zones. Guess we will see how things look in the next month. The more we learn the better we will be to adapt and combat this damn bug.

I do not believe staying inside for a year is an acceptable path forward. But I do wish we were prepared more before re-opening. I just think it is ridiculous how many people are sharing videos that are claiming a global conspiracy. Like Bill Gates, vaccines, and 5G towers trying to take over the world and cause autism and disease? WTF!? There are definitely people and companies doing sketchy shit and trying to profit from this chaos. But thinking the virus was created to unleash global havoc makes no sense. People sharing their Facebook videos posted by Uncle Larry does not make them in the know and smarter than everybody else.

At the end of the day we need to clean house on our news agencies because of how sensational they have become. They have helped turn people into sports teams that think everyone else is wrong, stupid, racist, nazi etc we cannot live in echo chambers.
I understand. However, I think it is naive to assume that we are being told the truth to any degree other then this is a virus that originated in China. While I pay zero attention to the Uncle Larry theories, No one should assume that China is telling the truth about anything. Maybe they are but, we'd be foolish to leave it at that. With that said, the freedoms to live as constitutional Americans rules over what any individual thinks. If anyone feels like staying at home, they have that right as long as they have a home

Nearly a billion people starve to death every year or are on the verge of starvation... 821 million, give or take. Seems "facts" are used by whomever wants to prove their agenda.
Studies now say that a huge number of our nations infections came from people traveling out of New York. Would an earlier lock down have prevented it? NOBODY KNOWS. Stands to reason we would have to limit exposure and reduce socializing in order to prevent overwhelming the health care system. Little clinics and hospitals in small town USA don't stand a chance if they get to a fraction of the infection rate of N.Y. Not enough Drs, nurses and funeral homes to keep up with the "supply".
Are you saying that 179 million more dying of starvation is acceptable as long as we save the average 76 year old? I don't think you are. However, I think you are trying to sensationalize your opinion. Which seems to be what you are arguing against. Also, you can keep on talking like Governor Cuomo but, with less people it means less infection rate. That is rural America. And, it has held true across rural America. Both of what I just typed seem to be fact. Based on your own words and, the what experience has just taught us in the last 5 months about Covid 19.

What is your point? Surely it isn't how well populated areas have done with this versus rural America. With all the might and technology with its superior healthcare systems that has basically set idle in all but NY. People haven't been given life saving surgery, treatments, or procedures country wide, etc based on over whelming of our healthcare system. For what? Words based on assumptions is what. And, it sucks all the way around.

I'm not being a wiseguy but, unless we get some kind of different trend, America has no reason to keep hunkered down by illegal mandates. You have the freedom to stay at home and self isolate if you feel like that is the thing to do. Just like people who need to make a living.

SlickStickSlinger

Lil-Rokslider
And the internet sarcasm detector strikes again.... Sorry if I got you riled. Not my intent. Just to clarify YouTube as a fact source. I read your post a couple of times looking for sarcasm, but wasn’t getting it. No worries. Hopefully, we are all good and can continue to Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.

No sarcasm this way. I was quite serious. I honestly have no idea how auto correct filled that in the way it did.

We can certainly strive as free living, humanity loving Patriots together. Now more than ever!

SlickStickSlinger

Lil-Rokslider

... what we have been saying for a while. Government buying up businesses to prop up the economy. This news you are citing came out about two weeks ago. Odd too because meat, dairy and egg companies have slaughtered, dumped out milk and broke tens of thousands of eggs. Which isn't very odd if you can read between the lines.

I cant remember who but someone up "there" said long ago they were going to control us through food.
Food and vaccines. Go figure.

I've been saying if you dont have a garden or livestock, yesterday was the day to get on it. Do not rely on the grocery store.

*not a joke*
Your life depends on it. Unless you like food rations similar to several other communist countries. Mind you more people have died from communism than all wars combined.....

Dont be foolish everyone. Become self sufficient, fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.