What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickStickSlinger

Lil-Rokslider
So instead of trusting 1000s of scientists and doctors around the world, nearly every news agency, and most of the world's governments you think we should all listen to 1 youtube video by an anti-vax butthurt former employee of Dr. Fauci who was fired and was caught stealing research? Who's paper has been discredited by the scientific community?

Freedom of speech has limits, just like you can't yell fire in a theater because you want to.

To be clear, I do not believe one should take news agencies at their word. I am just dumbfounded by the conspiracy theories popping up and how many people still think this is all a hoax and BS.

I never said it was a hoax and I never said anything about scientists. Matter of fact the majority of what you are saying i said, i hardly said at all. YouTube is by far the best source of information. Maybe you should rethink your position because it sounds like your saying some stuff you havent spent much time looking into. I've been following this stuff for over a decade reading research papers and following the money.

I mean no I'll words towards you at all. If anything encouraging people to seek the truth and stand up for our freedoms being taken away at a rapid pace.

We the people, including humanity around the globe need to come together to stop the tyranny that is taking place from four different angles.

Edit. Those scientists, governments whi pay the scientists and many news outlets you are referring to ate vastly corrupt putting out paid for information. Educate yourself

I never said it was a hoax and I never said anything about scientists. Matter of fact the majority of what you are saying i said, i hardly said at all. YouTube is by far the best source of information. Maybe you should rethink your position because it sounds like your saying some stuff you havent spent much time looking into. I've been following this stuff for over a decade reading research papers and following the money.

I mean no I'll words towards you at all. If anything encouraging people to seek the truth and stand up for our freedoms being taken away at a rapid pace.

We the people, including humanity around the globe need to come together to stop the tyranny that is taking place from four different angles.

Edit. Those scientists, governments whi pay the scientists and many news outlets you are referring to ate vastly corrupt putting out paid for information. Educate yourself

I'm an exploration geologist / wellsite geologist. On a recent drilling campaign, we were discussing the different potential reservoir intervals with the client. The client had picked the well location, and to say the least it was a very poor location based on very little science, and a completely misconstrued understanding of the local geology. This particular client had rounded up tens of dozens of grandma/grandpa investors to pay for the well. Some of those investors visited the wellsite and were curious to know when they would see a return on their investment.

A line I'll never forget: We asked the client - so, how exactly did you pick this location and decide to drill here? He muttered the fact that everything you need to know about geology can be found on YouTube. He went to YouTube University! Not to our surprise, the well was a dry hole.

ODB

WKR
I'm an exploration geologist / wellsite geologist. On a recent drilling campaign, we were discussing the different potential reservoir intervals with the client. The client had picked the well location, and to say the least it was a very poor location based on very little science, and a completely misconstrued understanding of the local geology. This particular client had rounded up tens of dozens of grandma/grandpa investors to pay for the well. Some of those investors visited the wellsite and were curious to know when they would see a return on their investment.

A line I'll never forget: We asked the client - so, how exactly did you pick this location and decide to drill here? He muttered the fact that everything you need to know about geology can be found on YouTube. He went to YouTube University! Not to our surprise, the well was a dry hole.

We found our well on the top of a mountain by a Y-shaped dogwood Branch. Water not oil, but we got 60gpm. Voodoo man, voodoo!!

We found our well on the top of a mountain by a Y-shaped dogwood Branch. Water not oil, but we got 60gpm. Voodoo man, voodoo!!
Another time, working for a small international company in Asia, our company's American exploration manager got into a spat with one of the local, well-respected senior geologists. This was a publicly traded company at the time, and the local senior geo was hell bent on a particular well location. The issue was that he couldn't scientifically explain why he liked that location so much, just that he 'felt really good' about it, and had done some sort of shamanistic witching exercise out there that had confirmed its potential in his mind. After the translator relayed that to our exploration manager, he furiously batted him down, noting that if a publicly traded company was picking their prospects on witching principles, it would ruin their credibility. It was some interesting drama to watch.

SlickStickSlinger

Lil-Rokslider

Sucks to be that guy!

Check this out

The other thing that is killing me right now is how we can figure out a way to allow people to consume meaning shopping in stores yet cannot figure a way to "allow" a basic human right to assemble in a church. Even further they ticket those who do following the CDC guidelines.

Your geologist title is pretty neat, no doubt 👍

Okhotnik

WKR
Bolded part...libel and slander, both illegal and punishable by law, just sayin'...

Not that they don't have the freedom to say what they want under the First, just that the First doesn't protect them from saying stupid chit and being held accountable.

Many don't savvy that...

Curious Do you have a law degree now?

And how many college level science classes have you taken? I don't mean social science but real science like 300, 400series bio, organic chem, physics, calc, fluid dynamic, engineering, biochem, genetics?

Jason__G

FNG
YouTube is by far the best source of information.

I will have to disagree. Youtube(and in some ways the internet as a whole) is a place where experts and idiots both have equal footing. They succeed not based on accuracy of content, but rather based on entertainment value of presentation. A very well-edited, persuasive, video posted by someone with no actual knowledge of the source material will go viral faster than a boring, dry, video containing vetted facts by a professional with a lifetime in the field. There are some that can do both, but how are you to know which is which? Just because I can sell you an opinion, doesn't make my opinion fact. Youtube is where you go for entertainment, not where you go for facts.

Laramie

WKR
I will have to disagree. Youtube(and in some ways the internet as a whole) is a place where experts and idiots both have equal footing. They succeed not based on accuracy of content, but rather based on entertainment value of presentation. A very well-edited, persuasive, video posted by someone with no actual knowledge of the source material will go viral faster than a boring, dry, video containing vetted facts by a professional with a lifetime in the field. There are some that can do both, but how are you to know which is which? Just because I can sell you an opinion, doesn't make my opinion fact. Youtube is where you go for entertainment, not where you go for facts.

Jason, I tend to agree with you but I like to turn on my BS detector and dive right in. I mainly do it for entertainment but occasionally I find something that makes sense to me. Out of curiosity, where do you suggest a person should get unbiased, non-political, information that they can trust?

Mike7

WKR
Maybe the truth is somewhere inbetween at times. If the following is true as I suspect it is, there are some people above in this thread that should get ready to be sued for peddling lies...assuming of course that they knew they were lying.

Shouldn't you really know now though that you're likely lying if you are regurgitating a CNN science report as fact, without considering its validity thoughtfully for yourself, assuming you have some microbiology background to help understand where the flaws might be?

Mike7

WKR
And this looks good also if you want facts. I can barely understand 1/2 of this, so that makes it completely not understandable for 99% of reporters in my experience, even if they don't have a lot of bias.

So instead of trusting 1000s of scientists and doctors around the world, nearly every news agency, and most of the world's governments you think we should all listen to 1 youtube video by an anti-vax butthurt former employee of Dr. Fauci who was fired and was caught stealing research? Who's paper has been discredited by the scientific community?

Freedom of speech has limits, just like you can't yell fire in a theater because you want to.

To be clear, I do not believe one should take news agencies at their word. I am just dumbfounded by the conspiracy theories popping up and how many people still think this is all a hoax and BS.

It’s not one doctor and she explains very well that what you posted is false.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laramie

WKR
"Don’t let your ears witness what your eyes didn’t see and don’t let your mouth speak what your heart doesn’t feel"

Seems to be pretty good advice right now. Many people are making arguments based on emotion right now that lacks significant personal experience. Don't let fear rule your life.

ND, I believe the The over whelming in the medical field don’t disagree with getting on with life. However, you seem to be basing your opinion of over whelming on what’s being fed to you by only one side. Spend some time watching something besides Fauci and you’ll see a different story.

Yes, it’s serious. Death always is. Yes, it’s killed a lot of people. By and large most of those people were on the way out too. Not my story. Just the CDC facts of it. Yes, a very small percentage of those dying are young BELIEVED to be other wise healthy. Once again, that’s fact by the numbers. Not what anyone thinks.

I’m curious what you guys think needs to be done. We reported over 20 million unemployed last month. The UN says so far they expect over 1 BILLION people to be starving in the world by next fall. What do you suggest?

that’s a serious question. Not a gotcha point. What do you think is acceptable?

We still talking about this plandemic?

you guys need to stay at home, this things global and it’s killing a huge percentage of the population

I repeat it’s global!

don’t make us treat you like a criminal!

Mike7

WKR
Stay home and die? Hmmm.
Maybe you should just do you, and let others decide for themselves.

Billinsd

WKR
Another time, working for a small international company in Asia, our company's American exploration manager got into a spat with one of the local, well-respected senior geologists. This was a publicly traded company at the time, and the local senior geo was hell bent on a particular well location. The issue was that he couldn't scientifically explain why he liked that location so much, just that he 'felt really good' about it, and had done some sort of shamanistic witching exercise out there that had confirmed its potential in his mind. After the translator relayed that to our exploration manager, he furiously batted him down, noting that if a publicly traded company was picking their prospects on witching principles, it would ruin their credibility. It was some interesting drama to watch.
That's interesting. I got a BS in Geology in the 80s and always wanted to work for an oil company as a geophysicist. I also got an MS in Civil Engineering and that's what I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.