What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
And if left unchecked and it runs through the population. . . 60-80% of the global population gets it with a 2.3% death rate. . . I'll do the math for you!

@70% infected that would be 123,970,000 dead people! That is the concern and the hysteria. People don't shut down multi billion dollar industries on a whim, or a scam sickness, they are doing these things to slow the spread and mitigate damage. If we slow it down we can get in front of it and maybe stop it.

If you think they are looking only at # of dead you are an idiot! They are looking at infection rates and exponential numbers and realising just how FKD our hospital system will be in July if we keep going at this rate!

Complain about hysteria, complain about fights for TP, I don't care. But for the love of God stop spewing every where you can stupid numbers!

For comparison sake, should Colorado game and parks take harvest numbers on the first day of archery season and say "well shit, hunting doesn't harvest enough animals better stop doing that"?

Death rates are much higher than the flu on a percentage basis and that is the fear! If it infects billions it will kill millions!
All good, but no need for calling anyone an idiot.

Rmauch20

WKR
Well he declared a national emergency. I don’t see this helping everyone not freak out. I believe the current count is 5088 deaths worldwide.

granite7

Lil-Rokslider
Someone local posted this for the nearby Costco. People waiting in line just to get in the store.
04f6da4b7512dee53af106b913a9cd00.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skywalkr

Lil-Rokslider
Just canceled schools here for next week so I’ll be working from home trying to simultaneously keep a five year old from going crazy. Those screen time advisory’s are going out the window.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Someone local posted this for the nearby Costco. People waiting in line just to get in the store.

My wife texted me this afternoon and asked if I needed anything from Costco. I replied "You're never even going to make it in the door". And she replied "I'm already in and the lines are pretty normal". So she bought some stuff and came home. Tomorrow will be a zoo. We have two appointments for tire rotations in the morning, so my wife should have time to stand in line while I'm doing laps around the parking lot to kill time. :)

Shrek

WKR
I saw this posted elsewhere

Coronavirus update day 36: I’m not sure how many of you are still out there or are able to see this message. Most of my friends and family are gone now and I’ve been on my own for a couple of weeks. My food stores are getting pretty low so I will probably have to risk it and attempt to go scavenge for some food in the wastelands. I’m down to my last 700,860 surgical masks that have pretty much kept me alive up until this point and I have 2,000,000 bottles of hand sanitizer left. I’m not sure if that’s going to be enough to make it until summer. Hope I dont get the [bleep], cause 84,431 rolls of toilet paper could go fast. My water supply is getting low too, I was only able to purchase 57,000 cases before the outbreak really got out of control. Luckily my 750 drums of gasoline are still full because I haven't left the house in a about three weeks. I will send out another update after my search for food is complete.

EastMT

WKR
So we just got a notification from DC (I’m govt) I that there is a fake live CoronaVirus map website going around that is malicious. It says it’s from Johns Hopkins but it’s an instant malicious attack. Be careful snooping around, pay attention to the link, make sure it’s real

Trial153

WKR
We use CPAP everyday in treatment for severe cases of dyspnea a means to administer medications, however I not sure is there is any contraindications associated with CPAP and viral infection though...

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Just canceled schools here for next week so I’ll be working from home trying to simultaneously keep a five year old from going crazy. Those screen time advisory’s are going out the window.

Washington just shutdown all K-12 for 6 weeks... I think we're gonna go camping. Glad I just bought a couple boxes of 22lr, gotta keep the kids entertained with something.

jmcd22

WKR
Apparently there were a few fist fights and a few arrests today at a local Costco...with ZERO confirmed cases. That was this morning and it was just announced that we have one confirmed case (Im sure there are more)...I'm more worried about other people than I am about the virus at this point. I don't think this is something to just brush off but I also don't see why people are making a huge deal out of it. Be prepared, be smart and stay calm.

Poser

WKR
Suspension of payroll taxes, student loan interest waived, 1.5 trillion pumped into the Economy.... might as well roll out UBI and call it a day.

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
1.5 trillion is nothing, wait until they are cutting checks for everyone who has to stay home because their work is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.