What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had not travelled but am in the military so a lot of my coworkers travel. I have been fighting a severe cough, shortness of breath, and a fever. Do not have underlying conditions but whatever it is I have it has put me on my ass. If it is the covid-19 I hope others who get it don’t feel the way I have. I’m a 31 year old and in excellent health and condition outside of this sickness.

Sounds like you certainly have it. However, if I were you I know I wouldn’t pay for the test to confirm it. You are young and will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you certainly have it. However, if I were you I know I wouldn’t pay for the test to confirm it. You are young and will be fine.

I have health insurance so I was tested and want to know so I can confirm if my parents who are older need to be concerned or some of my coworkers. Hoping I come back negative. It is unfortunate it takes 72 hours to get results.

I have health insurance so I was tested and want to know so I can confirm if my parents who are older need to be concerned or some of my coworkers. Hoping I come back negative. It is unfortunate it takes 72 hours to get results.

Did insurance fully cover it ?

ODB

WKR

problem is that the test is ephemeral. My wife works in a place with cv-19 pts...how many time will we need to be tested over the next month?

granite7

Lil-Rokslider

Same symptoms and I’m going into week 4. I’m a decade older, but healthy. My insurance refused to test me. A month ago they told me take cold medicine. This week they finally prescribed steroids, albuterol inhaler, and tessalon perles. I wanted to be tested for the same reasons - to warn people I have been in contact with. I work in a place with global travelers every week and my wife works in a school.

ODB

WKR
Same symptoms and I’m going into week 4. I’m a decade older, but healthy. My insurance refused to test me. A month ago they told me take cold medicine. This week they finally prescribed steroids, albuterol inhaler, and tessalon perles. I wanted to be tested for the same reasons - to warn people I have been in contact with. I work in a place with global travelers every week and my wife works in a school.

Call your local health department. To hell with your insurance company.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Can you imagine where we'd be right now if the media hadn't covered this virus at all? There would be people that are sick with a fever and some would stay home, and some would still go to work.....just like they do with the flu. Millions would have it and nobody would know the difference.....whether it was the flu, kung flu, or some other virus........and most wouldn't care what it's called. They'd stay home when it's bad enough and then go back to living their lives when they feel better. Some will die, and most will live and continue to live their lives in an uninterrupted society even without test kits. Hmmmm.

IMO, the media is worse than a terrorist attack. Cause panic, cause disruption to daily life, and cause entire economies to crumble. They've won.

You couldn't be more wrong. As well as a lot of other people posting on here. Lots of people are fixating on "how low the mortality rate is".

COVID19 is causing a considerably higher rate of severe illness compared to the flu. There are finite amounts of respiratory therapists, ICU nurses, and ICU beds. Oh yea and doctors...Imagine if it mutates and becomes more contagious or deadly.

Trial153

WKR
If. If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle. View attachment 161835

The numbers don’t match the panic
Cherry pick much?
acee533827a0deeb748d54cca4c45bad.jpg
489dd20e64a121a1c8984c9e2996b6be.jpg

kda082

WKR
Finishing up a 7 day cruise. Man what an eventful week at home. Hope I have toilet paper.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
You couldn't be more wrong. As well as a lot of other people posting on here. Lots of people are fixating on "how low the mortality rate is".

COVID19 is causing a considerably higher rate of severe illness compared to the flu. There are finite amounts of respiratory therapists, ICU nurses, and ICU beds. Oh yea and doctors...Imagine if it mutates and becomes more contagious or deadly.

Millions have died from cancer, millions have died from heart disease, millions have died from the flu, millions have died from old age, millions have died from car accidents, millions have died in wars, etc, etc, etc. There is one constant.........people die. That's a fact, that's a given. Now, you can live your life in fear and panic, or you can just live your life until it's your time........which nobody can predict. When it's your time, it's your time. You can't change that. But what you can do is prepare for eternity, and there's only one way to Heaven.

MtnOyster

WKR
I think it’s the unaverage age deaths that are worrying people.

I hate to say it but people are expecting elderly with health complications to pass or come close to it if we don’t protect them folks .

It's not just about dying, the chinese released a study and alot of cases end up with permanent lung damage. He should go get tested in case he needs care.

You aren't supposed to wear a mask if you don't have it.

The mask is for catching buggers when you sneeze or cough, it does nothing to stop you from inhaling the virus.

They thought you were sick.

I'm sorry but you are believing the lie being told by an unprepared health system. N95 masks dont work for you so dont buy them so they'll work for us.

The leadership and health people should go to hell for starting that damaging misinformation. They are telling us to increase the risk to ourselves because they screwed up.

No one wants to be inconvenienced in this “we need it yesterday” society but if we all sacrifice for a few months we can make a dramatic impact on the rate of spread of this virus.

It is an exponential curve right now and we have to do our part to change the rate of the growth. Hospital beds and the health care system are the real issue. Who gets the ventilator? Which grandparent gets to live?

Math can be fun. Here is a link to a great video that talks about the math of this virus spread. It might encourage you to help do your part with social distancing.

And I have 3 kids out of school for the next 6 weeks and my wife and I both have full time jobs. We are all in.

Elk97

WKR
Hope everyone here and their families are well.

The charts and graphs in the link below shows the spread of this disease in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.