What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8saki

FNG
Either you've had it, or will get it - you can't hide forever. And if you're not part of the 99.8% that recovery, you will die. Best thing you can do is eat healthy, workout, & sleep at least 6-7 hours. Obesity is the highest risk factor.

Here's a thought

If the virus goes away before they invent a vaccine, then they won't be able to the sell the vaccine.

Most problems are not problems, it's about money. Like a sandwich either way you flip it it's about the bread.

Broomd

WKR
Let's open up those schools, cause kids don't get sick and they also can't spread it ;)

9 years old dies of coronavirus
Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk
Fear mongering crap. There are millions of kids in this country, why are you not linking to the deaths of kids that have succoumbed to influenza? I saw that of 8.9 MILLION kids in Cali not one has died from Covid.
Give your hero in the basement a call, maybe he can straighten you out with the facts after his ensure and enema....that's if he can remember the facts. He'll sniff your hair for sure...

Spike elk

WKR
Not wanting to go completely sideways politically here but A Couple of things. . .

#1. Trump has already done the leg work on protecting 2a, the supreme court will be the deciding factor in the next 30 years on gun bans and restrictions. The 5 - 4 majority is very safe, so rest easy for awhile.

#2. Covid is not a left wing generated issue, the entire world did not pretend to have a virus to stop Trump, the entire world did not suffer to harm Trump. Texas and Florida are not pretending to have virus spikes to harm Trump, so covid will not disappear if he loses. But if he does lose and Biden were to actually promote helpful policies regarding the virus the narrative will change.

#3. This election is dog shit! It's like picking between the last 2 ugly 14 year old cats at the shelter. . . You know they will possibly/probably die before they clean up the mice that you want taken care of. But you only have two options and you're just hoping the one you pick doesn't take a dump on your bed before he's gone!

We need some quality politicians that have a firm set of values that they won't waiver on, but are willing to negotiate on the rest of it. Our country cannot continue functioning like 2 toddlers battling it out over a toy. One blissfully gloats when they have the toy while the other plots revenge and does all they can to ruin the fun of the one with the toy, then they fight it out and switch places. Only each time they get more bitter and more set in their ways. Rinse repeat.

The world is laughing at us while we flop around in the mire of our politics, meanwhile China is every bit our equal and working on an extensive network of economical allies to support their growth.

We need to shape up on both sides of the spectrum!

Ok story time is over.

#1 There is nothing in the constitution that limits the USSC to 9 justices. The left has already talked about expanding to a larger number to have more of a "balance". If they have both houses and the presidency they would be able to do that and appoint 2-4 liberal justices.

#2 I agree with you that Covid, the disease is not left wing, I would argue that Covid the panic and media coverage is left wing. Texas and Florida are having spikes as is Cali and a good number of states. NY wiped 33,000 people off the map. The media coverage for this- "Cuomo is a Covid God" Texas and Florida combined are circa 10,000. The media coverage for this- "Red Govs are trying to kill you because they opened their states in May." Cali is @ 8,000 deaths, more than either FL or TX. The media- "Crickets" They get a pass and have a mask mandate and never opened up. That is liberal privilege.

To say that Covid will be over if Biden gets elected is tongue in cheek. Covid will be here but the panic will be over. Honestly, the panic should have been over since late April when it became apparent that Covid was not even close to killing 2-3% of those infected. More like .02%-.03%.

#3 I completely agree that we should be able to do better with our candidates. It is not just this election, it seems most presidential elections in my memory have been the same. The choice is the lesser of the evils. I don't look at the candidates so much as I do the platforms. Not sure how any outdoors-man would think that Biden is OK for the 2A or hunting freedoms. He already said that he wants to take away your "AR-14". Vote for the platform, not either of the old bastards.

Our politicians are terrible. Generally that is true on both sides of the isle, although the Rs are much easier for me to take. To help flush the toilet in DC we should have a 2 term limit for all senators and congressmen. I also agree with you on China. They have been kicking our ass for a while. I would much rather have Trump vs China than Biden vs China. To quote him- “Come on, man,” Biden said. “I mean, you know, they’re not bad folks, folks. But guess what, they’re not competition for us.”

There are two clear platforms. One is pro hunting and 2A and the other has openly said what they would do to the 2A and has a history of being anti hunting. In closing, vote for the platform, not the person. Maybe 2024.......

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
The dems win house, senate and potus and they will have control of the government for the next 50 years. The republic of laws will be totally finished. You could see separation of some states from the USA.

Biden is a demented looser and he is the best they have......

MattB

WKR
Yes admission would have been a better word. I was busy and in a hurry

I’m not sure what part of symptoms you misunderstood. But, respiratory definitely fits in that description.

You wrote "If you go to a hospital right now with symptoms, they are going to submit you. If you have high fever and such, they are going to put you in ICU for observation."

Sniffles, sore throat, and diarrhea are symptoms of COVID-19 but will not get a person admitted to the hospital. That is what you wrote, but that is not true. Very specific symptoms may.

You then doubled down suggesting a "high fever and such" will get you admitted to the ICU for observation. Those symptoms would likely not even get you admitted to the hospital let alone the ICU. Moreover, ICU's are not used for observation, but generally for intensive treatment - hence the name.

Attached below are a couple of links that provide suggestions for when those who believe they have COVID-19 should seek emergency medical attention. Strangely the articles do not generically reference COVID-19 "symptoms", a high fever, or even "and such". Virtually all of the symptoms are directly or indirectly related to breathing difficulty.

MattB

WKR
The dems win house, senate and potus and they will have control of the government for the next 50 years. The republic of laws will be totally finished. You could see separation of some states from the USA.

Biden is a demented looser and he is the best they have......

And yet he is how many points ahead of our demented loser in the polls? ;-)

Matt, you’ve misunderstood or purposely twisted what I said. Eitherway, it’s beyond me to continue.

FWIW, I’ve spent about 30 people’s time in hospitals. Under all kinds of care. Including icu and ccu. I know what’s done where. You just misunderstood or purposely are arguing. I didn’t double down in anything.

Billinsd

WKR
All that I have read is that, unless a patient is experiencing difficulty breathing, they are told to go home and self-quarantine. Likewsie, people with a high fever alone are not being put into the ICU let alone even being hospitalized. That is just foolishness.
Sixteen and a half years ago when my daughter was born I got a terrible flu with the highest temperature I can remember. A couple weeks with the flu my asthma kicked in and I got pneumonia. I went to the ER every few days late at night when my meds weren't cutting it, for relief. I had my O2 checked, which was ok and given a breathing treatment and sent home. My wife was at the hospital with my daughter and I was on my own at home. I was extremely freighted for my life and was never admitted to the hospital for difficult breathing, let alone sky high fever. However, my O2 was ok. There wasn't room in the hospital for someone with my symptoms. If everyone that got a high fever and everyone who had trouble breathing was hospitalized, I would have spent most of my youth in a hospital. Maybe medicical practice is completely different for covid versus the flu? They are both viruses and yes Covid is a lot nastier than the flu, but it's not like the bubonic plague either. Flatten the fear. Cheers Bill

Ex Obama healthcare head wants to shut down for another 4-6 weeks. No interstate travel, "Instead of 50% lockdown (which is what we did in March in April), let’s say it’s a 90% lockdown."

Scary people are still out there like this.

That would be first degree murder to shut down like that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

204guy

WKR
Ex Obama healthcare head wants to shut down for another 4-6 weeks. No interstate travel, "Instead of 50% lockdown (which is what we did in March in April), let’s say it’s a 90% lockdown."

Scary people are still out there like this.

^^^ That's why 50% of Americans have zero faith in anything government.
"Okay, spring harvest is in, we have plenty of food to feed the country. Now we can do a much more expansive shutdown."

Small hospitals in the south overwhelmed, and daily deaths in the US still trending up.

us deaths.jpg

Last edited:

jmez

WKR
But cases have leveled off, as you would expect. Even with death rate tending up, cases are twice what they were in the first out break while deaths are down by about 60%.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

But cases have leveled off, as you would expect. Even with death rate tending up, cases are twice what they were in the first out break while deaths are down by about 60%.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
Case #s mean almost nothing very little because the testing has been a disaster.

% of positive cases relative to the number of tests administered is a much better metric.

My county has gone back to only testing those cases they consider "high priority" because they don't have the capacity to meet the demand for testing. And the turn around for results is still over a week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.