What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

“We are in the process of developing a strategy that’s going to be very, very powerful,”
I wonder what this will be?

“It will probably, unfortunately, get worse before it gets better,”
At least hes finally being truthful, better than 'It will magically disappear' and 'today its 15 cases, tomorrow will be zero'

“We’re asking everybody that when you are not able to socially distance, wear a mask, get a mask,” Trump said. “Whether you like the mask or not, they have an impact.”

Spike elk

WKR

On Nov. 4th, If Biden wins the election, your link or something like it will be the leading story on CNN and the Covid panic will be over. If Trump wins, which is now a long shot, then it will be groundhogs day and we will have four more years of Covid 19 or Covid 20, etc. Also if Biden wins, come 2021 or 2022, all of the dudes that post on here about how evil the orange man is will be crying about reduced hunting opportunities and 2A freedoms. Actually they will be crying about losing out on hunting, but I would bet that with all of the anti Trumpers on here, that a good number of those "outdoorsmen" would support more restrictions on firearms. You have heard it from these folks before: "Who needs to hunt with an AR or an evil semi auto." "Pistols are just made to kill people." You know, some of those people. Hard to imagine how any outdoorsman/hunter, even if they hated Trumps guts, could not plug their nose and vote for freedom. If you think that a vote for Biden is not a vote for the country to look like Cali, NY, Seattle, Portland, etc. then you are drunk on the media's cool-aide. From the sounds of it, many of you are A OK with that. Hell, if you chose to sit the election out because Trump melted your snowflake, you might as well have showed up and voted for Biden, and Schumer, Pelosi, AOC, and the rest of the gang, If the Ds have the white house, congress, and flip the senate then we will be lucky to eat meat let alone hunt it, See recent posts on this forum about reduced hunting opportunities and 2A issues in Cali for reference. Coming soon to a unit near you...........because of you.

And now we return to your regularly scheduled unbiased programming, how the coronavirus will kill you and your family. In the unlikely event you survive it, how Trump will kill you. He is a bad orange man and the left is here to save you from him and your freedoms. Oh, and a few more wolves will take care of all of those big game animals that hunters have been murdering, please enjoy your tofu.

Foldem

WKR
Or not

"A study published in April in the Annals of Internal Medicine found that a cloth mask offers more protection than a surgical mask for people nearby."

Yeah, OK :rolleyes: link to the study please?

According to the article it looks like the cloth mask stopped 28% of the virus particles compared to no mask. So 72% are still being expelled. Sounds really effective when we are talking about billions huh?

Last edited:

Spike elk

WKR

“We are in the process of developing a strategy that’s going to be very, very powerful,”
I wonder what this will be?

“It will probably, unfortunately, get worse before it gets better,”
At least hes finally being truthful, better than 'It will magically disappear' and 'today its 15 cases, tomorrow will be zero'

“We’re asking everybody that when you are not able to socially distance, wear a mask, get a mask,” Trump said. “Whether you like the mask or not, they have an impact.”

That is great! I feel like you had a bonding moment with Trump. You both agree on several points including masks. Now we can count on your vote so that we can keep our hunting rights. That is a relief! :D(y)

nednic

FNG
Great misconception. The masks prevent the spread, not the infection. By wearing it you are doing others a favor in case you are an asymptomatic carrier. A recent test indicates a cough or sneeze will travel 12’, with a homemade double layer mask it travels less than 3”.

My point was not that masks are useless, just enjoying the irony of the situation.

Billinsd

WKR
Most people like to talk about freedom and liberty. Few people actually want freedom and liberty.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty or Safety". Benjamin Franklin.

Pardon me for interjecting facts into the discussion, but where I live it is hospitalizations that are putting us at risk for going backwards in terms of opening the economy. Are you suggesting these patients are faking it for political gain?

"Santa Clara County is the lone Bay Area county underneath the 100-case-per-100,000-residents metric, but the county was put on the watch list due to a recent increase in hospitalizations."

What I’m suggesting is your lack of comprehension is clouding your judgement. If you go to a hospital right now with symptoms, they are going to submit you. If you have high fever and such, they are going to put you in ICU for observation. They will do so because the first over reaction nearly bankrupted every hospital in this country. So, you can bet if they can justify Your submission, they are going to do it.

That has failed to be mentioned one time. Only quotes of hospitals filling up. ICU’s teaching capacity, Etc... Have you ever stopped to ponder the monetary incentive with those scenarios versus sending patients home with the same symptoms before?

At this point, finances say a stubbed toe is likely to get you a bed if they have it. Yet, you just keep on posting about how the new out break is over running the health care in your area. With no regards to why. Yes, there may be positive cases in your hospital. But, how many would even have been submitted at this point if we hadn’t put the healthcare system into finically straits with months of over reaction?

Keep on with your agenda.

Struggling here in Alberta to understand why the absolute panic and new mandatory mask policies in some of our major urban areas. Our survival rate for those under 70 is 99.8%. Perspective, average life expectancy in Canada is 82, so understandably the survival rate of the 80+ crowd is lower.

Tough to find the info but for anyone interested https://www.alberta.ca/stats/covid-19-alberta-statistics.htm then click "Sever Outcomes" and scroll to table 3.

On Nov. 4th, If Biden wins the election, your link or something like it will be the leading story on CNN and the Covid panic will be over. If Trump wins, which is now a long shot, then it will be groundhogs day and we will have four more years of Covid 19 or Covid 20, etc. Also if Biden wins, come 2021 or 2022, all of the dudes that post on here about how evil the orange man is will be crying about reduced hunting opportunities and 2A freedoms. Actually they will be crying about losing out on hunting, but I would bet that with all of the anti Trumpers on here, that a good number of those "outdoorsmen" would support more restrictions on firearms. You have heard it from these folks before: "Who needs to hunt with an AR or an evil semi auto." "Pistols are just made to kill people." You know, some of those people. Hard to imagine how any outdoorsman/hunter, even if they hated Trumps guts, could not plug their nose and vote for freedom. If you think that a vote for Biden is not a vote for the country to look like Cali, NY, Seattle, Portland, etc. then you are drunk on the media's cool-aide. From the sounds of it, many of you are A OK with that. Hell, if you chose to sit the election out because Trump melted your snowflake, you might as well have showed up and voted for Biden, and Schumer, Pelosi, AOC, and the rest of the gang, If the Ds have the white house, congress, and flip the senate then we will be lucky to eat meat let alone hunt it, See recent posts on this forum about reduced hunting opportunities and 2A issues in Cali for reference. Coming soon to a unit near you...........because of you.

And now we return to your regularly scheduled unbiased programming, how the coronavirus will kill you and your family. In the unlikely event you survive it, how Trump will kill you. He is a bad orange man and the left is here to save you from him and your freedoms. Oh, and a few more wolves will take care of all of those big game animals that hunters have been murdering, please enjoy your tofu.
Not wanting to go completely sideways politically here but A Couple of things. . .

#1. Trump has already done the leg work on protecting 2a, the supreme court will be the deciding factor in the next 30 years on gun bans and restrictions. The 5 - 4 majority is very safe, so rest easy for awhile.

#2. Covid is not a left wing generated issue, the entire world did not pretend to have a virus to stop Trump, the entire world did not suffer to harm Trump. Texas and Florida are not pretending to have virus spikes to harm Trump, so covid will not disappear if he loses. But if he does lose and Biden were to actually promote helpful policies regarding the virus the narrative will change.

#3. This election is dog shit! It's like picking between the last 2 ugly 14 year old cats at the shelter. . . You know they will possibly/probably die before they clean up the mice that you want taken care of. But you only have two options and you're just hoping the one you pick doesn't take a dump on your bed before he's gone!

We need some quality politicians that have a firm set of values that they won't waiver on, but are willing to negotiate on the rest of it. Our country cannot continue functioning like 2 toddlers battling it out over a toy. One blissfully gloats when they have the toy while the other plots revenge and does all they can to ruin the fun of the one with the toy, then they fight it out and switch places. Only each time they get more bitter and more set in their ways. Rinse repeat.

The world is laughing at us while we flop around in the mire of our politics, meanwhile China is every bit our equal and working on an extensive network of economical allies to support their growth.

We need to shape up on both sides of the spectrum!

Ok story time is over.

Jacack

WKR
I'm not watching that but, using a statistical anomaly and a child's death to further your agenda is shameful.

They have been doing that here in fl every time a child dies, maybe this one is different but previously the youngest was 11 and they had it all over the news here until it became public knowledge the child had severe medical problems, he was on dialysis a few times a week already and had multiple other life threatening issues.

Its terrible he was overcome with issues from covid but far from healthy.

Its terrible to have anyone die from this and as a parent I understand but to use kids as media fodder is just wrong.

RyanT26

WKR

Mt Al

WKR
Are we going to close the schools every time a child dies from the regular old ass flu? Because it kill way,way,way more children this covid has or ever will . Stop being emotional.

^^^!!!^^^ And way more than that will die on their way to and from school in car accidents: so let's end school and cars. Problem solved!! When drama queens pretend to be problems solvers, it creates more problems.

MattB

WKR
Yeah, OK :rolleyes: link to the study please?

According to the article it looks like the cloth mask stopped 28% of the virus particles compared to no mask. So 72% are still being expelled. Sounds really effective when we are talking about billions huh?

Ah, the old "if I am too lazy to look it up, I can pretend the data doesn't exist" strategy?

Your math is WAY off BTW.

The most succinct comment on the topic was made by the author in the comment section of the link below:

"Further, my analysis of their published data indicates filtration efficiency with patients coughing into their masks averaged about 76% (possibly slightly lower due to their limits of detection). Surgical masks are often found to have 98 to 99% virus filtration efficiency under ideal conditions and about 80% in actual practice,..."

The difference between better cloth masks and surgical masks is not that great.

MattB

WKR
What I’m suggesting is your lack of comprehension is clouding your judgement. If you go to a hospital right now with symptoms, they are going to submit you. If you have high fever and such, they are going to put you in ICU for observation. They will do so because the first over reaction nearly bankrupted every hospital in this country. So, you can bet if they can justify Your submission, they are going to do it.

That has failed to be mentioned one time. Only quotes of hospitals filling up. ICU’s teaching capacity, Etc... Have you ever stopped to ponder the monetary incentive with those scenarios versus sending patients home with the same symptoms before?

At this point, finances say a stubbed toe is likely to get you a bed if they have it. Yet, you just keep on posting about how the new out break is over running the health care in your area. With no regards to why. Yes, there may be positive cases in your hospital. But, how many would even have been submitted at this point if we hadn’t put the healthcare system into finically straits with months of over reaction?

Keep on with your agenda.

I think you mean "admit" and no they will not. It is funny though that with all that has been in the news over the past months you seem to believe that we have enough beds to admit every person who goes to a hospital with COVID symptoms. Incredible really.

All that I have read is that, unless a patient is experiencing difficulty breathing, they are told to go home and self-quarantine. Likewsie, people with a high fever alone are not being put into the ICU let alone even being hospitalized. That is just foolishness.

My only agenda is to try and keep people honest, which is looking more and more like a full time job.

Below is an article which elaborates on my understanding of the factors that drive patient being moved to the ICU. Note that the factors listed are respritory-related.

Yes admission would have been a better word. I was busy and in a hurry

I’m not sure what part of symptoms you misunderstood. But, respiratory definitely fits in that description.

Status
Not open for further replies.