What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But day y to day z might go down and the media wouldn't mention it. There's a reason they used day x to day y and not w to x.
From the dates they used total child cases increased 34% while hospitalizations increased only 23%. Therefore the hospitalization rate obviously went down.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That wasn't comparing two dates that's an increase over a period of time, not picking choosing anything. Just saying from day x to day y. Cases have increased and so have the number hospitalized.

The point is kids get it, they can transmit it and they can get really sick from it. Add them into close quarters school situation with hundreds-thousanda breathing the same air, school is going to be a disaster.

Look at baseball trying to start. They couldn't even make it two days. That's with rigorous testing, quarantine and dealing a small number of adults.

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk
Coronavirus doesn't show up in two days after exposure, particularly if its not concentration exposure. Baseball was not the cause.

Coronavirus doesn't show up in two days after exposure, particularly if its not concentration exposure. Baseball was not the cause.

Obviously baseballs isn't the cause. Do you think these guys just got back together two days ago? No they've been practicing up before opening day.

Likely a group of adults that had taken a break from being together, getting back together in close quarters, locker rooms, and traveling together buses airplanes.

Very similar to school taking a break and getting back. Just going to be on a whole nother level compared to this small expirement. Locker rooms = classrooms / airplanes = buses.

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

In most places around me we are on the second cut..and we might get another cut in before it gets cold if the summer rains keep up. All depends on how you manage the land and weather conditions.

Lawnboi

WKR
New mandate, if you see anyone over 300 pounds with a cart full of chips, cookies, soda and booze you can dump it out and tell them to go home. Smokers you can look at like they are breaking the law now cause their second hand smoke is hurting your grandmas lungs and the chronic health issues of the obese are causing a skyrocket in health care costs because their Medicare only pays the providing entity quarter of what is billed. Want to fix the real problem in America? Take away the fricken booze!

COMPLETE SARCASM. Man I would be good at making rules for others health!

Last edited:

Billinsd

WKR
The truth about masks is that they are helpful in preventing spreading disease, but don't get a false sense of security. I copied this from Glenn Beck. I believe this is the truth.

If you have a triple-ply mask, the pore size will end up being effectively five microns. And five microns, to a COVID-19 virus particle, is 50 times larger. That’s approximately the same differential between the two-inch separation between the wires of a chain-link fence, and a gnat,” Jensen explained.
“But now what we’re seeing is if we have some collision of COVID-19 viral particles with the latticework of any mask … if you’re breathing out or breathing in and the viral particles collide with the actual latticework of a mask, I think intuitively, yes, we can reduce the amount of virus particles that are going back and forth.”

Dr. Rutherford said masks are essential tools for fighting COVID-19, as long as you wear them correctly. He laid out the three main reasons he believes we should all be wearing masks.

“So, we’re trying to do three things,” he said. “First of all, we’re trying to protect the people around you, in case you are one of the 60% of people who have asymptomatic infection and don’t know it. The second thing we’re trying to do is to protect you. The third thing we’re trying to do is, if you get infected, you’ll get infected at a lower dose, and then you’re less likely to develop symptoms. That’s the threefer.”

NDGuy

WKR
Dr. Rutherford said masks are essential tools for fighting COVID-19, as long as you wear them correctly. He laid out the three main reasons he believes we should all be wearing masks.
This is the part that frustrates the hell out of me. People shouldn't be arguing whether masks work or not. They do.

To what extent based on the material of it, the seal it creates etc is another story and there are still studies in progress to provide those findings.

For now, any effectiveness is better than 0% for the protection of yourself or others.

Lawnboi

WKR
I completely understand the whole mask thing. There is no end game though, we are going to be wearing masks forever. There are many other diseases out there that we put surgical masks on sick people for and have been for years. I think healthy people wearing masks, just because you might be an unknown carrier is a little out there. Might as well just make it the new normal, put your mask on as soon as you put your socks on to leave the house. I just question when it will end. I personally have no issue wearing a mask if a business really wants me to. I do have a problem when they are using it to profit, and personally I don’t want to wear a mask at all, given the choice I would not be.

On top of that, they are giving lots a false sense of security to go do whatever, congregate, go shopping when in reality they do not keep you from getting sick.

There’s a reason I’m wearing an n95 mask and not a surgical mask at work.

NDGuy

WKR
There’s a reason I’m wearing an n95 mask and not a surgical mask at work.
Me too, luckily will be getting a new job where I will be working remotely for the foreseeable future.

I wish there were more recent studies on the effectiveness of surgical masks/cloth hand-stiched ones.

JFK

WKR
Its really easy for people to say masks do nothing behind the comfort of a keyboard. We ran a call on a covid positive patient yesterday. 37 year old female with difficulty breathing. You better believe we had a mask on her and ourselves. Anyone who thinks they are pointless....ask yourself if you were face to face with someone who had it if you’d want one. On them and you. All the hospital staff we transport to wear them. They work. It’s not up to Glen Beck or Trump or whatever online personality to decide. There are far smarter people out there who do this shit for a living and they all wear masks when treating patients. Not because they are trying to play politics but because they want to keep themselves and their family safe.

Lawnboi

WKR
Me too, luckily will be getting a new job where I will be working remotely for the foreseeable future.

I wish there were more recent studies on the effectiveness of surgical masks/cloth hand-stiched ones.

There are some. We have our mask labeled in tiers of how effective they are and choose accordingly, I thought the info was from noish if I remember. Since March all responders have been wearing N95, though of different varieties and not fit tested BUT we are also being asked to reuse them over and over, to which they were not designed for. It’s gotten old, and now that it’s mandatory everywhere it’s just annoying.

The other thing that baffles me is the focus on masks but not eye protection. Little old lady shopping at the store is decked out in a plastic bag, mask and gloves but neglected to cover her eyes.

Million dollar idea for the rokslide community here, adding a mint smell to the interior of the mask, man that would be awesome.

NoWiser

WKR
We had a local outbreak here a few weeks ago from people packing into a couple bars and a graduation party. It spread around town and into a long term care facility. I found out last week that my grandpa got it and I just got a call an hour ago that he likely won't make it through today. He was the best human being I've ever known. He always made the time to take me hunting and fishing. I never heard him curse and I never once heard him talk negatively about another person. He spent the last weeks of his life basically locked in solitary confinement. Nobody deserves to spend their last days of their life like that. It breaks my heart.

Lawnboi

WKR
Its really easy for people to say masks do nothing behind the comfort of a keyboard. We ran a call on a covid positive patient yesterday. 37 year old female with difficulty breathing. You better believe we had a mask on her and ourselves. Anyone who thinks they are pointless....ask yourself if you were face to face with someone who had it if you’d want one. On them and you. All the hospital staff we transport to wear them. They work. It’s not up to Glen Beck or Trump or whatever online personality to decide. There are far smarter people out there who do this shit for a living and they all wear masks when treating patients. Not because they are trying to play politics but because they want to keep themselves and their family safe.

I don’t disagree. Being stuck in a box with a Covid patient is not fun. But that’s what n95,goggles, face shields and gowns are for. I think the problem that most people who are thinking this through have is that they don’t just want to mask up sick people, it’s everybody. What’s the end game? We have been masking up sick people for a long time in healthcare. Probably should be taking more precautions to begin with, I think this pandemic is a real eye opener. That said we can just all wear masks for the rest of our lives. It’s shown that this virus isn’t the monster it was made out to be. People just need to use some common sense.

Be safe.

JFK

WKR
I don’t disagree. Being stuck in a box with a Covid patient is not fun. But that’s what n95,goggles, face shields and gowns are for. I think the problem that most people who are thinking this through have is that they don’t just want to mask up sick people, it’s everybody. What’s the end game? We have been masking up sick people for a long time in healthcare. Probably should be taking more precautions to begin with, I think this pandemic is a real eye opener. That said we can just all wear masks for the rest of our lives. It’s shown that this virus isn’t the monster it was made out to be. People just need to use some common sense.

Be safe.

Fully agree. There has to be a better long term solution.

WKR
We had a local outbreak here a few weeks ago from people packing into a couple bars and a graduation party. It spread around town and into a long term care facility. I found out last week that my grandpa got it and I just got a call an hour ago that he likely won't make it through today. He was the best human being I've ever known. He always made the time to take me hunting and fishing. I never heard him curse and I never once heard him talk negatively about another person. He spent the last weeks of his life basically locked in solitary confinement. Nobody deserves to spend their last days of their life like that. It breaks my heart.

I'm really sorry to hear about your grandpa.

Wrench

WKR
I'm 8 days into my work forced quarantine. My shift partner ended up testing positive and they told me that I am too. I didn't get tested and spent last week packing in 6k feet higher than my house.

Symptomatically both my pard and I are 100% no different than we were 3 weeks ago .....besides being hypersensitive to every nuance of our involuntary actions.

TexasCub

WKR

I’m with you and have been through the same stuff. We in the fire dept have totally changed course in how we treat every single EMS call with any sickness involved. I have responded to several covid positive patients and absolutely made sure that my N95 was on properly. But that’s work and Im using the proper equipment, this crap of wearing underwear across my face in businesses just seems to be part of the stupid game IMO.

Billinsd

WKR
This is the part that frustrates the hell out of me. People shouldn't be arguing whether masks work or not. They do.

To what extent based on the material of it, the seal it creates etc is another story and there are still studies in progress to provide those findings.

For now, any effectiveness is better than 0% for the protection of yourself or others.
I'm fine with people arguing. It's what makes America great. I fell a little into the false sense of security myself with a mask. I agree that anything better than zero seems worth it for the general population. I do understand why some don't or won't and I'm ok with that, except if you enter a private business and they demand you were a mask, you wear a mask. No freedom is lost, you don't have to go into the store.

Billinsd

WKR
I completely understand the whole mask thing. There is no end game though, we are going to be wearing masks forever. There are many other diseases out there that we put surgical masks on sick people for and have been for years.

On top of that, they are giving lots a false sense of security to go do whatever, congregate, go shopping when in reality they do not keep you from getting sick.
Excellent post!! I think of it as this virus is worse than the flu. How much worse we can never truly know. I'll say it's twice as bad, maybe three times? Some of the fallout of this will benefit me, like working from home when sick and others doing the same. People being more conscious of spreading disease. However, I don't want to wear a mask whenever in public for decades to come. The two entities I don't trust are the government and celebrity experts. Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.