What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They test everyone for the flu first before wasting a Coronavirus test. The flu test is much less expensive and more readily available.

That is not entirely correct. It really depends on the hospital. My wife is a nurse and just got back from NY. Neither the hospital there or the hospitals here in Utah are doing this. They are testing for COVID first and foremost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mosster47

Lil-Rokslider
Until we have the actual number, or a solid estimate, of the number of people that were actually infected it is also being purposefully naive to say there is no comparison to the flu.

Yes total death percentages and numbers are up. Exactly as you would expect them to be. You, nor anyone else, at this point, knows what the infection % is. It may well end up that Covid is less deadly than influenza.

You also can't just look at a total death % and say, well we have a new disease, the average death % is up by this figure, all of those must be from Covid. Those type of blanket assumptions lead to wildly inaccurate modeling that never comes to pass.

Correlation is not causation.
The number of people infected, as far as right now is pretty irrelevant. That's a long term game no matter what.

The reality is, the US with all of its fat, sick (including the flu), and old people had a very consistent rate of death year over year. That has went up everywhere and skyrocketed in some areas. We know the causation. This is going on with what are extreme measures for America to mitigate the spread of what it causing these additional deaths.

Big number data could help us know when these deaths should taper off, but as of now that's irrelevant data as it's going to take years at a minimum.

I'm talking about the "it's just like the flu" crowd which we now know with 100% certainty that it's not. It's a lot worse. Once we a vaccine or herd immunity then it will be like the flu. Both of those options are going to be awhile.

sasquatch

WKR
The number of people infected, as far as right now is pretty irrelevant. That's a long term game no matter what.

The reality is, the US with all of its fat, sick (including the flu), and old people had a very consistent rate of death year over year. That has went up everywhere and skyrocketed in some areas. We know the causation. This is going on with what are extreme measures for America to mitigate the spread of what it causing these additional deaths.

Big number data could help us know when these deaths should taper off, but as of now that's irrelevant data as it's going to take years at a minimum.

I'm talking about the "it's just like the flu" crowd which we now know with 100% certainty that it's not. It's a lot worse. Once we a vaccine or herd immunity then it will be like the flu. Both of those options are going to be awhile.

And if we burn down the house to kill the rat, (shut down the country to kill the virus), where will we be Economically?? Or does that not matter as long as it’s “for our safety”

Last edited:

Mosster47

Lil-Rokslider
And if we burn down the house to kill the rat, (shut down the country to kill the virus), where will we be Economically?? Or does that not matter as long as it’s “for our safety”

Who said anything about shutting anything down?

All I did was provide the data that everyone trusts to prove that it's beyond obvious this virus is very deadly if widely spread and it's definitely not just the flu.

jmez

WKR

The number infected is very relevant. That is how you calculate the death rate or percent. Without that number you can't even venture a guess as to the death rate. You can't say it's more deadly than the flu at this point.

We won't know how deadly this thing is until we have that number. It won't take years to get that information, it is easily done when we have a reliable antibody test.

The true infection rate is going to be orders of magnitude higher than what is currently reported. The death rate is not. That is going to decrease the death rate by orders of magnitude.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

I’m kinda pissed this whole deal has been so underwhelming.

I was hoping for a good 2% cull of the herd

oh well maybe next time around.

stoked on this universal income deal tho. And free healthcare! Sign me up!

and let’s be honest most people are stupid and should be told what to do Anyways. it’s science. Can’t argue with that.

People without masks should be charged with negligent manslaughter.

I know the symptoms, infection rate and mortality rate are similar, but it isn’t the flu!

How stupid can you be?

I can’t believe people want to open t he economy back up. This country has plenty enough wealth for hundreds of millions to sit around waiting until the sure thing vaccine arrives next year.

sasquatch

WKR
People without masks should be charged with negligent manslaughter.

I know the symptoms, infection rate and mortality rate are similar, but it isn’t the flu!

How stupid can you be?

I can’t believe people want to open t he economy back up. This country has plenty enough wealth for hundreds of millions to sit around waiting until the sure thing vaccine arrives next year.

If you were being sarcastic or trying to quote someone else I apologize and this should be directed to them instead.

But, You do realize “wealth” isn’t measured by money in the bank right?? Most of the “wealth” is value of assets and stock

When that falls, so does the wealth!!

So when that goes away, which is a lot of what drives the economy, then what?? Where will the new start up money come from?

All while completely eliminating all the retirements and stuff included that are backed by the market and bonds and such.

I assume you fine with it because you either still working, or reaping the benefits of stimulus packages that the other peoples “wealth” is paying for.

I’d like to see your POV if you stopped receiving a check!

Then also How do you “Know” all this stuff? The news or the news you choose to listen to? If you live in ND, your far away from where it’s supposedly hitting hard! I live in New Orleans. One of the more impacted states and I can tell you from living here, and having many friends in the health care industry your being told half truths from the news!

The governor even mentioned the main reason it’d be stupid to open the economy back up is because the city would not be able to get tons of federal money!

Last edited:

MattB

WKR
The number infected is very relevant. That is how you calculate the death rate or percent. Without that number you can't even venture a guess as to the death rate. You can't say it's more deadly than the flu at this point.

We won't know how deadly this thing is until we have that number. It won't take years to get that information, it is easily done when we have a reliable antibody test.

The true infection rate is going to be orders of magnitude higher than what is currently reported. The death rate is not. That is going to decrease the death rate by orders of magnitude.

While I agree with you in reasoning, focusing on the rate while downplaying the number of deaths in comparison to an average (or even a severe) flu season is a bit trite. And based on the latter, you would be hard pressed to say it is not more deadly than the flu.

So it's not more deadly, it's just kills more people?

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

What are people doing outside walking around for fun not wearing masks??

this is a global pandemic and people are dying and we got people out and about acting like it’s no big deal.

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
So it's not more deadly, it's just kills more people?

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk
Maybe safe to say it's less deadly, but kills more people, which doesn't make a lot of sense. Given the choice between the two, I'd take my chances with the COVID-19 considering the 4 people I've communicated with that had it said it was a piece of cake, and the flu usually hurts everyone who gets it. But, I realize what we are up against with the spreading of the virus....it's just that personally, I wouldn't worry about catching it MYSELF. Just like when I get the flu, even though it kills people, I never worried about dying. But I'm an idiot. Just wanted to beat yall to saying it.

What are people doing outside walking around for fun not wearing masks??

this is a global pandemic and people are dying and we got people out and about acting like it’s no big deal.

Yep I think you are either being sarcastic or trolling but I will say yes no big deal and more people than not are out and about enjoying themselves here in Utah. Just makes sense.

Flying? During a global pandemic?

what is up with people.

You need to stay inside. Until the vaccine comes, people need to stay inside and the only people out and about should be essential workers.

The reason some people are so worried about coronavirus is that as many deaths have been attributed to coronavirus as a severe flu season. (Actually, a lot of them are just worried that they won't get their choice of president).
The reason they shouldn't be so worried is because we have a new virus, sometime or another everybody will be exposed. Because this virus only affects a small percentage of those that get it, it will be relatively easy to get heard immunity.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

High time to get those killer Hornets imune to every insecticide there is!

Rokslide member special piece of advice.

BUY A HUNDRED FLY SWATTERS AND A DOZEN BUG ASSULT GUNS!!!!

You'll thank me later.

P.S. Buy a couple bags of the mega rubber bands just for good measure. Plus you can have a battle against the other humans in your abode when there's killer Hornets carrying entire cows (the cows might have coronavirus, its actually fairly common) and dropping them all over town.
c0f1b8b3a049302a19c580f4cdde6ebf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone been flying??
Yes, I have been. I have to for work, constantly. I can choose not to, but unfortunately I've been a responsible, hard working and dependable person my whole life, and handouts don't come so easy for me it seems. So I go to work. I am lucky to have my job and probably get paid more than I'm worth, and right now it is very important to me. Things are a little different in the airport, such as everything but Chic Fila's being closed, but there are still mobs of people at the airports. I'm talking about all hubs, from Denver, Seattle, to Kalispell.

I have an "essential personnel" letter that I keep on me that was issued to me, but I'm hardly essential, to anyone but my family who enjoys living in the house I provide for them and 3 kids that are in and out of the orthodontist. All this is in jeopardy and I will be loosing my job soon, so good for you, those that say I'm crazy. I won't be flying much longer after my company is bankrupt. I'll be trying to figure out what to do about my house and health insurance.

In the meantime I'm feeling more well and able-bodied than I have in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.